Update

Old Feb 23, 21, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Update

Last time I was here was 2019 flying Emirates MAN to MRU business. My handheld gizmo thing didn't work and nobody was interested so this September we're booked 1st Class Covid permitting. It'll be our first and last time to see how those fatuous celebrities travel (shall we be offered Botox?) and expect the gizmos to function this time. 3 cancelled holidays have produced the cash for it. No great hopes as I expect it will be like business used to be + decent booze. Anyway, if I survive long enough to get there, I shall report on the experience which I hope will not involve having to magically appear at the front of the queue with a hi there to some unknown quantity which works a treat. If covid doesn't get me the age might so don't hold your breath.
Gins and grins,
meditek
imkevinmc likes this.
Old Feb 23, 21, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Black, and assorted others
Handheld gizmo thing?
Old Feb 23, 21, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
Handheld gizmo thing?
Reading his previous 5 posts will leave you none the wiser.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 23, 21, 10:01 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Plat
Handheld gizmo thing?
Presumably those touchscreen controllers. Just a guess.

OP seems to have a sunny disposition, especially as they sign off with “gins and grins”, so I’m sure all shall be revealed soon.

Never seen celebrities in F, fatuous or otherwise. I feel let down now.
BadoRas and DiamondMile like this.
Old Feb 23, 21, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have to wait seven months for the reveal?
Old Feb 23, 21, 11:21 pm

We have to wait seven months for the reveal?
Lots to keep us busy with, though. What type of service to expect during ‘these challenging times’ (not sure if that’s still the fashionable phrase). What airframe will be used (game changer anyone?). What wine will be onboard. To shower, or not? Is the F lounge at DXB open. Maybe even some celebrity sightings.

Plus we already have a tasty mystery around the elusive posts with the handheld gizmo. Only day one, and plenty of suspense.
BadoRas likes this.
Old Feb 24, 21, 2:50 am
Original Poster

That's it. Like a fat Ipad.

Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican View Post
Presumably those touchscreen controllers. Just a guess.

OP seems to have a sunny disposition, especially as they sign off with “gins and grins”, so I’m sure all shall be revealed soon.

Never seen celebrities in F, fatuous or otherwise. I feel let down now.
The mount for it on the A380 was broken so it didn't fit properly so couldn't charge. First leg A380 to DUBAI second leg 777 to Mauritius.
CORRECTION . FIRST LEG IS TO DUBAI AND THE WAIT THERE IS 2 HOURS NOT 7. Added this in caps in case there were any new readers as confused as I seem to be.
BadoRas likes this.

Last edited by meditek; Feb 25, 21 at 8:23 am
Old Feb 24, 21, 3:10 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
OK, slow day so I'll bite.

How did your CD work out last time, the Scarborough to Manchester one where you were going to be helicopting?

If your only expectation of F is a working handheld gizmo and better booze, it's unclear why you spend the premium to book F, but at least you have not set your expectations too high and you should be pleasantly surprised (although there is no Botox on the menu and any celebreties will probably be hiding behind the doors of their suites).

But please give us feedback. And I sincerely hope Covid, Old age or Gin don't get the better of you!
BadoRas and ElJudioErrante like this.
Old Feb 24, 21, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Lots to keep us busy with, though. What type of service to expect during ‘these challenging times’ (not sure if that’s still the fashionable phrase). What airframe will be used (game changer anyone?). What wine will be onboard. To shower, or not? Is the F lounge at DXB open. Maybe even some celebrity sightings.

Plus we already have a tasty mystery around the elusive posts with the handheld gizmo. Only day one, and plenty of suspense.
If we're allowed to go by then I've read Dom Perignon is the house champagne and the wines good. Also caviar but I bet they don't have vodka from the deep freeze to wash it down. A good deal of hope and guesswork involved. Won't using the shower as I tend to fall over getting out. The business food was pretty dire and getting what you wanted involved ordering with the first 10 or so. They take orders starting on the port side usually.

Lounge better be open as we have a 7 hour wait.

Full report in October.
Old Feb 24, 21, 3:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by meditek View Post
The mount for it on the A380 was broken so it didn't fit properly so couldn't charge. First leg to Abu Dhabi A380 second leg 777 to Mauritius.
Are you sure it was Emirates and not Etihad?
Old Feb 24, 21, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Boy am I glad I have subscribed to this thread! I don't think I can wait until October.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 21, 4:16 am

If we're allowed to go by then I've read Dom Perignon is the house champagne and the wines good. Also caviar but I bet they don't have vodka from the deep freeze to wash it down. A good deal of hope and guesswork involved. Won't using the shower as I tend to fall over getting out. The business food was pretty dire and getting what you wanted involved ordering with the first 10 or so. They take orders starting on the port side usually.

Lounge better be open as we have a 7 hour wait.

Full report in October.
Really? Very interesting. Learned some new things here, like flying EK out of AUH, and serving always starting on port side.

Seems to me like you shouldn’t bother. Try BA.
Old Feb 24, 21, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Really? Very interesting. Learned some new things here, like flying EK out of AUH, and serving always starting on port side.

Seems to me like you shouldn’t bother. Try BA.
Means going to Heathrow. They're good at leaving your baggage as well. Twice in our case. May have confused the port side ordering with Air Mauritius. Budget outfit who run Bell 204's without the extra baggage mod so your stuff follows on by car.
Old Feb 24, 21, 8:57 am

Means going to Heathrow. They're good at leaving your baggage as well. Twice in our case. May have confused the port side ordering with Air Mauritius. Budget outfit who run Bell 204's without the extra baggage mod so your stuff follows on by car.
Cool. And what about flying Emirates through Abu Dhabi?
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 24, 21, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
Are you sure it was Emirates and not Etihad?
Apologies, I meant Dubai not Abu Dhabi.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: