Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cabin Baggage Experience

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Flywiz
We had upgraded to first. Served welcome Dom at DXB. Limited menu but still dining on demand. No open foods. Appetizer and main course together on the same tray. All with a cover. Breads individually wrapped in plastic and no bread basket. For in between meals, pre-packed snack boxes available on request.

Wine offering seemed unchanged. No cocktails. Limited selection of spirits. No nuts with drinks. Best they could do was a bag of Lays.

Crew in PPE with eye shield and mask which stayed on entire duration of flight 14 hours. No crew rotation or rest - we saw the same crew all the time. First was 7/8 occupied so crew were quite busy.

Only one lavatory for pax. The other one nearer the cockpit exclusive for pilots and crew. Must say the pax lav was cleaned after each use. Like I said, crew were busy.

Most pax in first removed their masks once on board. Crew kept their PPE on all the time.

Under the circumstances it was an easy flight. No complaints
thats a great report. Thank you so much
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:26 am

I travel with medication that must come on board with me. AR ethe understanding of things like that?
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by RyanL
I travel with medication that must come on board with me. AR ethe understanding of things like that?
On the face of it you have chosen an odd thread to ask your question and I would guess the reason might be because your medications are bulky. At the very least I would advise that you travel with the prescriptions and if necessary a doctors letter confirming the need to take them on board (especially if some are liquids). If you are worried about this then best to ask the airline direct for advice
Old Jun 5, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Great report. And giving the circumstances if I needed to travel I wouldn't be upset with this level of service.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:52 am

Are they still allowing larger electronics (tablets, not laptops) or do they have to be checked in also?
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Mint Fresh
Are they still allowing larger electronics (tablets, not laptops) or do they have to be checked in also?
Whatever you can get in your pockets or laptop sized bag.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Mint Fresh
I carried my laptop and iPad both in a backpack with me as cabin baggage. Didn’t have any problem.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/2018336-cabin-baggage-experience.ht

Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
Correct, it'll count as coming from lhr and therefore you'll require another test.

Never had problems with my (way too heavy and bulky) carry ons on ek so if that is your biggest concern, its not a big deal. This was even when I was just blue with ek, so not a plat/io thing.
I've accepted defeat, will book with Emirates

The carry-ons are my biggest concern yes. My normal carry on case is BA-sized (56cm x 45cm x 25cm) which I think is bigger than the EK permitted carry-on. I do have a backpack that is EK carry-on size, but that then makes it difficult to take my laptop bag with me as well (although I am guessing that with COVID, laptop bags can no longer go under the seat in front?). I am wary about using the BA-sized one as if I get told it is too big and has to go in the hold, not only is it going to cost me BUT I don't really want my Xbox and my stoneware crockery getting chucked around and dropped (I am relocating, not vacationing).
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by Mackle

The carry-ons are my biggest concern yes. My normal carry on case is BA-sized (56cm x 45cm x 25cm) which I think is bigger than the EK permitted carry-on. I do have a backpack that is EK carry-on size, but that then makes it difficult to take my laptop bag with me as well (although I am guessing that with COVID, laptop bags can no longer go under the seat in front?). I am wary about using the BA-sized one as if I get told it is too big and has to go in the hold, not only is it going to cost me BUT I don't really want my Xbox and my stoneware crockery getting chucked around and dropped (I am relocating, not vacationing).
Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Cabin? I've been taking that bag on every EK flight ever taken, never an issue. I have my business bag on top of it. If I really go overboard, I just hang my jacket over it to hide it. I really wouldn't worry too much about it, but it's your call.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Cabin? I've been taking that bag on every EK flight ever taken, never an issue. I have my business bag on top of it. If I really go overboard, I just hang my jacket over it to hide it. I really wouldn't worry too much about it, but it's your call.
I have a Rimowa cabin plus (aluminium) and the only airline ever checking if this is still a cabin bag was actually BA (at their JFK outstation).

EK always have accepted that one witout a problem even with a laptop bag on top.

Generally if I get problems with these kind of bags its more because of weight, than size (i.e. with Lufthansa).
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:47 am

Btw, good luck with your relocation - I was living there for 2 years, I had the time of my life

You won't regret it
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Cabin?
Antler Stirling lie flat cabin suitcase. It is pretty big for a cabin bag!

Originally Posted by Duck1981
I have a Rimowa cabin plus (aluminium) and the only airline ever checking if this is still a cabin bag was actually BA (at their JFK outstation).

EK always have accepted that one witout a problem even with a laptop bag on top.

Generally if I get problems with these kind of bags its more because of weight, than size (i.e. with Lufthansa).
I have seen Lufthansa routinely weighing cabin bags at LHR. I don't think I have seen them do it at FRA.

Originally Posted by Duck1981
Btw, good luck with your relocation - I was living there for 2 years, I had the time of my life

You won't regret it
Thanks! It is going to be a bit of a culture shock, as I have absolutely loved my time living in Germany, and about 75% of the things you see here on a night out (or even afternoon in the centre of Frankfurt) would likely be illegal in the UAE
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:22 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex

Thanks! It is going to be a bit of a culture shock, as I have absolutely loved my time living in Germany, and about 75% of the things you see here on a night out (or even afternoon in the centre of Frankfurt) would likely be illegal in the UAE
hah hah hah, and that's Frankfurt, not even Berlin!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 2:30 am

Antler Stirling lie flat cabin suitcase. It is pretty big for a cabin bag!

Haha - there are also plenty of technically illegal things going on Dubai which are nevertheless commonly accepted - wait until you have your first night out with colleagues in one of the five star hotels / clubs
Old Aug 17, 2020, 3:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Funnily enough, I went from working in Frankfurt to working in Dubai... although that was nearly 20 years ago!

Walking through the "Red Light" area of Frankfurt was an experience. Seeing people just laying in doorways with needles hanging out of their arms was quite a sight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.