Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

How emirates airline helping the safety to all passengers or public

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

I was scared to death last night. While waiting to board the flight back to the US at Dubai International Airport, UAE, I saw an obese [moderator edit] guy constantly coughing. I then walked away to the other side. Unfortunately, after boarding the flight to the u.s., he and his wife seated next to me. I got so F..up, I talked to flight attendants whether I can move to other seat;unfortunately, the flight was full and he constantly coughing without mask. Other passenger gave him a mask at halfway flight. I talked to her, the said passenger who gave him a mask at the destination, she was so angry and hated this guy for irresponsible.
AT THAT TIME, I TALKED TO ALL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS REGARDING THIS ISSUE. NOBODY CARE TO DO ANYTHINGS, BUT SAID " WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL PASSENGER TO WEAR MASK.

I ASKED WHAT WAS EMIRATES RESPONSIBILITY TO ALL PASSENGERS OR PUBLIC . THEY ALL SHRUGGED OFF AND DONT CARE.

MY FLIGHT WAS EK201 DEPARTING FROM DUBAI TO JFK ON MAR 14, 2020. MY SEAT WAS 68 A. THE COUGHING GUY SEATED AT 68C. ALSO, HIS WIFE SITTING ON 68B WAS COUGHING FROM TIME TO TIME, NOT CONSTANTLY LIKE HIM.

THE FLIGHT WAS AROUND 16 HOURS FLIGHT.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Mar 15, 2020 at 2:55 pm Reason: TYPO
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is focused on an Emirates flight, please follow the thread while it moves to the dedicated forum for that airline's operations. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK iO
Originally Posted by Michael K
I was scared to death last night. While waiting to board the flight back to the US at Dubai International Airport, UAE, I saw an obese [moderator edit] guy constantly coughing. I then walked away to the other side. Unfortunately, after boarding the flight to the u.s., he and his wife seated next to me. I got so F..up, I talked to flight attendants whether I can move to other seat;unfortunately, the flight was full and he constantly coughing without mask. Other passenger gave him a mask at halfway flight. I talked to her, the said passenger who gave him a mask at the destination, she was so angry and hated this guy for irresponsible.
AT THAT TIME, I TALKED TO ALL FLIGHT ATTENDANTS REGARDING THIS ISSUE. NOBODY CARE TO DO ANYTHINGS, BUT SAID " WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL PASSENGER TO WEAR MASK.

I ASKED WHAT WAS EMIRATES RESPONSIBILITY TO ALL PASSENGERS OR PUBLIC . THEY ALL SHRUGGED OFF AND DONT CARE.

MY FLIGHT WAS EK201 DEPARTING FROM DUBAI TO JFK ON MAR 14, 2020. MY SEAT WAS 68 A. THE COUGHING GUY SEATED AT 68C. ALSO, HIS WIFE SITTING ON 68B WAS COUGHING FROM TIME TO TIME, NOT CONSTANTLY LIKE HIM.

Reading without caps would be a bit easier.

Tell me, what would you expect a crew member to do? Force a passenger to wear a mask? Where would that mask come from? How would they know that mask given by someone else was new, clean and sanitized? Why would take that responsibility and later be sued by people like yourself?
aceboy44 and Tanzguy like this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:04 pm

Coughing is a symptom of COVID-19....(along with fever, shortness of breath etc...any sign of those???)
The passenger was coughing.
It does NOT follow from that however that "the passenger has COVID-19"

There ARE MANY causes of regular, even largely continuous coughing. Did you TALK to him or his wife? They might easily have set your mind at rest. I think there is a greater chance you will suffer harm from the stress you are placing on yourself than from the mere possibility he had something contagious, and that you got it.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Have a little sympathy and respect for the crew who are showing up for work and flying nonstop, working in close quarters, dealing with all sorts of passengers (sick, healthy and/or difficult), or handling all the used trays and other items. They are in a high risk job right now.

If you are concerned about contracting COVID-19, you should self isolate for two weeks. That would be the best course of action. You will find out and reduce any potential spread in your community.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold

you should hire a private jet if you want to reduce the risk of catching Coronavirus whilst travelling at the moment, I have a contact if you want one?
BadoRas and aceboy44 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:23 pm

First thing, you can cough for a number of reasons, yes it is a sympton of Corona but at the same time, you can have a bad cough, larengitus, flu or be a smoker. Yes take precaution but how many flights have you been on where someone is coughing and you think nothing of it. If your really worried maybe get yourself tested, you never know maybe you had it before you boarded.
DiamondMile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.