Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

UAE cancels visas - what does that mean for visa on arrival?

Old Mar 18, 20, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK

i just got a notification that the UAE is cancelling all visas - https://gulfnews.com/uae/coronavirus...sas-1.70477221

does anyone know if this affects US citizens who get visa on arrival? i was planning on flying back on monday, but not sure what will happen when i arrive or if i can even fly into dubai.

edit: will they shut down the airport for transit, i can just change my flight to make it transit in dubai and then back to the states on the next available flight. i can't find anything for transit info

Last edited by nuzbim; Mar 18, 20 at 11:09 am
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:39 am

Programs: EK Platinum
Originally Posted by nuzbim View Post
i just got a notification that the UAE is cancelling all visas - https://gulfnews.com/uae/coronavirus...sas-1.70477221

does anyone know if this affects US citizens who get visa on arrival? i was planning on flying back on monday, but not sure what will happen when i arrive or if i can even fly into dubai.
Visa on arrival is exempt
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK
thank you, just messaged EK on twitter as well. but appreciate the quick response.

Just found this on dubaiairports site, not sure if that's ppl applying for entry or folks like myself who would just get stamped on arrival.

"Issuance of VisasEffective 00:01, March 19, UAE authorities have temporarily suspended the issuance of all entry visas including those for countries with visa-on-arrival.

Last edited by nuzbim; Mar 18, 20 at 9:52 am
Old Mar 18, 20, 9:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou View Post
Visa on arrival is exempt
not anymore itís not
Old Mar 18, 20, 11:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

https://gulfnews.com/uae/health/coro...-19-1.70472290
Dubai: The UAE will temporarily suspend issuing all visas on arrival from 1am Thursday March 19, according to the Federal Authority for Citizenship and Identity.

The news was first broken by the UAE Embassy in London, who posted on on Twitter on Wednesday that from March 19, there will be no visas on arrival for travelers from UK until further notice.

Meanwhile, UK government announced a foreign travel advice for their citizens that UAE will temporarily suspend all visas on arrival with the exception of Diplomatic passport holders.
Old Mar 18, 20, 11:29 am

If your transiting your fine, visa on arrival is for those who want to enter Dubai and get visa at the gate. That's what is stopping

Search this Thread
Search Engine: