Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Multiply Your Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by ft101
No, it's accessible via the website on the same page as buying or transfering miles etc.

https://www.emirates.com/english/sky...ut/points.aspx

However, as bubus78 says above, it doesn't appear to be working yet.
Bubus78, I am having the same scenario you seemed to have on June 13. I go to the Buy Miles page (or click "Learn more" from the e-mail), click on the link to "Multiply your miles on upcoming flights," which takes me to my upcoming booking. I click on the Manage button, and all of the options come up (purchase an upgrade, pre-purchase lounge access, travel insurance, etc.). In the top right, there is a panel for "Upgrade available" with buttons to click < or >, cycling through other ancillary options, including extra baggage and emergency contact, but no option to purchase additional miles.

Also clicking on the "Passenger preferences" tab, and drilling down on "Show miles breakdown" doesn't reveal this option. Hmm. The only slightly odd thing about this itinerary is that it contains one segment on a partner (PG), still EK-coded, but surely that wouldn't nullify the offer?

The pop-up that Bubus78 eventually got to mentions an outside site. When I click on "Buy miles" (as opposed to the mileage multiplier) it opens a new window that goes to an external site called Storefront, but the page never loads.

P.S.:

So, NO special price for EK/Skywards branded Ccards and 'NO' 2,000 miles per $20...:/ IMO feels miss-leading EK promo info!
I have the Emirates NBD card. A lot of the promotions seem to be bogus.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Now the multiply option works for me, on a return segment after I have flown the outbound. $0.02 per mile.

And there seems to be no further information about a further bonus using an Emirates NBD card. The payment options drop-down has Visa, Mastercard, etc. but no separate selection for an affinity card. Maybe it would be automatic if I paid with that card, but of course I don't want to chance it. Disappointing.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:47 pm

When you get the Miles

I have this offer, however I am confused. Do you get the miles immediately on your account when you purchase them or only after the flight has been done?
I am thinking about buying them in order to get the upgrade on the same flight with those miles.
I have this doubts since they seems to be related to the miles you will get for the flight, and those are credited only after the flight...
Old Aug 28, 2019, 2:48 pm

Receiving miles when

Originally Posted by Bubus78
Thanks for the idea. I have decided to try with a Skywards branded (CitiBank) Card and ONE CLICK means purchase done - the transaction has been done at the same price as mentioned earlier... $20 USD per 1,000 block ! I wasn't in need of this extra miles but its my fault...anyhow its done now! So, NO special price for EK/Skywards branded Ccards and 'NO' 2,000 miles per $20...:/ IMO feels miss-leading EK promo info!

Transactions are non-refundable since its via POINTS 3rd party company.. one would expect at least one confirmation button but now, card details IN and OK means payment done. just sharing.
did you receive the miles immediately on your account after the purchase?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: EK Gold
Originally Posted by Nicoma
I have this offer, however I am confused. Do you get the miles immediately on your account when you purchase them or only after the flight has been done?
I am thinking about buying them in order to get the upgrade on the same flight with those miles.
I have this doubts since they seems to be related to the miles you will get for the flight, and those are credited only after the flight...
Yes Nicoma , miles are credited immediately. I did what you are suggesting and used the extra miles for an upgrade on the same flight that I got the bonus miles for. Pity this isn't made clear at time of purchase.
Nicoma likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by jonzboy
Yes Nicoma , miles are credited immediately. I did what you are suggesting and used the extra miles for an upgrade on the same flight that I got the bonus miles for. Pity this isn't made clear at time of purchase.
So it would make sense to buy a First class ticket, tripling the miles doing this, and then asking for the refund of the ticket... Just saying...
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
just got this offer email (uk based account) i assume its targetted.

​​​​​​Hello, for one week only you can enjoy up to 20% bonus Skywards Miles when you Multiply Miles.
The more Miles you Multiply, the higher your bonus.
Double, triple or quadruple the Miles you will earn on your upcoming flight once you complete your booking. Multiply your Miles by 5 September to earn more Miles and enjoy your next flight, upgrade and other rewards even sooner.

​​​​​​Offer terms and conditions apply.
The Promotion commences at 00.01 GST on 30 August 2019 and closes at 23.59 GST on 5 September 2019 (“Promotion Period”). You must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age, an Emirates Skywards Member and have at least one prior earning activity in your Emirates Skywards Account, earned by flying on Emirates or through an Emirates Partner transaction in order to be eligible to Multiply Miles and participate in the Promotion (“Eligible Member”). Emirates Skywards Members who have already purchased the maximum limit of 50,000 Miles in a calendar year through the Multiply Miles product are not considered as Eligible Members and may not participate in this Promotion. The Promotion provides an Eligible Member the opportunity to earn up to 20% of the Skywards Miles purchased through the Multiply Miles product as an additional complimentary bonus (“Bonus Miles”) during the Promotion Period. The Bonus Miles an Eligible Member can earn is as mentioned below, based upon the Skywards Miles multiple purchased (the “Offer”):
• 10% Bonus Miles on purchasing a multiple of 1X Skywards Miles
• 15% Bonus Miles on purchasing a multiple of 2X Skywards Miles
• 20% Bonus Miles on purchasing a multiple of 3X Skywards Miles
Skywards Miles purchased through the Offer count towards the maximum limit of 50,000 Miles that a Member can purchase in a calendar year through Multiply Miles. However, Bonus Miles earned through the Offer do not count towards this maximum limit. This Promotion is available for transactions to Multiply Miles online only through emirates.com via the Points Platform (“Eligible Activity”) and only if the payments have been successfully processed and the transaction has been completed within the Promotion Period. Any transactions made to Buy Miles, Gift Miles, Transfer Miles, Reinstate Miles or Extend Miles are not considered as Eligible Activities for this Promotion. Skywards Miles earned through this Promotion will be posted only upon successful payment of the transaction and will reflect in the Eligible Member’s Emirates Skywards account within 48 hours after payment. By participating in this Promotion, the Emirates Skywards Member is agreeing to abide by the Emirates Skywards Programme Rules and Points.com Inc.’s privacy policy and terms and conditions.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:19 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
So it would make sense to buy a First class ticket, tripling the miles doing this, and then asking for the refund of the ticket... Just saying...
You have to use the tickets (fly) before you get the miles. You will not get the miles after purchase so won’t be able to do what you proposed.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:55 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
just got this offer email (uk based account) i assume its targetted.
I got this also. However, I can't see any to actually get into it. When I clicked on the link, I could see my future booking. When I click on that, what am I supposed to see?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: EK Gold
This subject is confusing some folks. I have been through the process earlier this month. I was able to purchase the miles on offer at the time of booking my flight. You "purchase' the miles at a discount to the usual buy/transfer miles methods. The miles are credited instantaneously. Cancelling the flight thereafter is up to you (the cost of doing so depends on fare basis), but you will retain the miles (as happened to me as I had to return home for a family emergency before using the flight in question).

I could not however purchase miles on a flight that I had booked prior to this offer being released. I tried but could not find a way to do it.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

I got the email again yesterday too. The links in it take you to manage a booking but nowhere to actually do the deed on an existing booking as far as I can see, and it does say "once you complete your booking" so I've done that a while ago.
thijsseh and nmc980 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by ft101
I got the email again yesterday too. The links in it take you to manage a booking but nowhere to actually do the deed on an existing booking as far as I can see, and it does say "once you complete your booking" so I've done that a while ago.
Same here...
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:44 am

I got this promo email a few days ago and wanted to use it today. I couldn't access the option when i went to my booking. Called customer service and turns out that there is a system glitch and was advised they may not be able to resolve the issue before the promo end date, which is Sep 5. I was only told to try again on Sep 5.
Anyone else facing this problem currently?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
This doesn‘t work with me. While I get the multiplier option on the website, when I click on it, it takes me to manage my bookings, where under my flights there is no option to multiply.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by Wtravel
This doesn‘t work with me. While I get the multiplier option on the website, when I click on it, it takes me to manage my bookings, where under my flights there is no option to multiply.
Just found the answer to my question: according to EK the multiplier only works if purchased during the initial booking process, once that is done it is no longer possible to add it to a booking, even if none of the segments are used yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.