Multiply Your Miles

Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Multiply Your Miles

Email received today. Looks like it works out cheaper than buying extra miles, but is limited to the miles on a booking

Book your next Emirates trip and multiply the Skywards Miles you earn on your flight. Multiply your Miles at a special rate of 1,000 Miles = USD 20 and enjoy double, triple or quadruple the usual number of Miles
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: EK Plat
EK have been offering plenty of discounts to buy miles lately... An upcoming devaluation or just desperate for cash?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: EK Gold
I'd be interested to quadruple my miles, but there's no other information available to explain how/when this is possible. I'm 5K short for an upgrade and would like to take up this offer on an upcoming flight, but how? Anyone found a way yet?
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
EK have been offering plenty of discounts to buy miles lately... An upcoming devaluation or just desperate for cash?
I can't speak for devaluations, but I doubt this would move the cash needle.

I think it's more to generate more engagement with the Skywards program, which is not viewed as particularly rewarding. Having studied the sector, "engagement" is an important driver in building value for a program and improves loyalty characteristics. So it feels like Emirates is trying to up the frequency with which you can interact with the program, rather than just earn / burn basics. Last year they started offering discount offers on upgrades (10-20% off), cash+miles (meh) and more options to buy or multiply miles, get bonus miles, etc. It gives more opportunities to communicate on more than just fares. Buying miles at USD 0.02 per mile isn't a steal, but it may be of interest to some (even on this thread).
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Sounds an complement to the continuous Buy/Gift miles promos..
This specific reduction is attractive but limited. $20 per groups of 1,000 Skywards miles. Without previous promos, a group of 10k miles would cost you $300 (if not discounted) , hence a good discount 33% for 1k ($20 vs $30).

I have booked a ticket today after have received the promo email and the link takes you to the MY TRIPS.. under the specific one there is no way to multiply this trip miles. So have to check later..

Anyhow all in all, sounds a fair and cheaper option to add more miles - baseline is limited to the total miles one would get on that specific flight.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm guessing that this is a targeted offer. I didn't receive it.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I got it, today I think, after the thread was started, might just be sent out slowly or in stages
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
No, it's accessible via the website on the same page as buying or transfering miles etc.

https://www.emirates.com/english/sky...ut/points.aspx

However, as bubus78 says above, it doesn't appear to be working yet.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:34 am

Its now allowing to multiply Skywards miles up to 3x inside managing booking Same area where one can add extra luggage, insurance or add emergency contacts...

20$ per 1,000 miles

Last edited by Bubus78; Jun 15, 2019 at 7:41 am Reason: Forgot to remove personal data on screenshot
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Bubus78
Its now allowing to multiply Skywards miles up to 3x inside managing booking Same area where one can add extra luggage, insurance or add emergency contacts...

20$ per 1,000 miles.

Thats a crazy balance! Interesting option. I need 18k miles to upgrade bom-dxb-jnb on the 1st but not flying before so this won't help unfortunately
Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Thats a crazy balance! Interesting option. I need 18k miles to upgrade bom-dxb-jnb on the 1st but not flying before so this won't help unfortunately
Forgot to remove personal data on screen shot . Anyhow funny thing here on the pop windows says up to 2,000 per $20 but reality is 1,000 miles..

Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:32 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
493K miles? Gosh......
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Anyhow funny thing here on the pop windows says up to 2,000 per $20 but reality is 1,000 miles.
Mmm. 2,000 for $20 USD would have been interesting.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La

20$ per 1,000 miles

Did anyone click through to see what the "special rates for selected Emirates Skywards co-branded cards" are?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:32 am

Angry

Originally Posted by mecabq
Did anyone click through to see what the "special rates for selected Emirates Skywards co-branded cards" are?
Thanks for the idea. I have decided to try with a Skywards branded (CitiBank) Card and ONE CLICK means purchase done - the transaction has been done at the same price as mentioned earlier... $20 USD per 1,000 block ! I wasn't in need of this extra miles but its my fault...anyhow its done now! So, NO special price for EK/Skywards branded Ccards and 'NO' 2,000 miles per $20...:/ IMO feels miss-leading EK promo info!

Transactions are non-refundable since its via POINTS 3rd party company.. one would expect at least one confirmation button but now, card details IN and OK means payment done. just sharing.

Last edited by Bubus78; Jun 29, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.