Flexible fare cancellation

Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro
Flexible fare cancellation

Flying Emirates in a premium cabin has been a goal of mine. I have found a fare from BRU-KIX that I am wanting to book. I am not 100% sure of the dates, but it is a good enough rate that I am willing to book because it is flexible and I can cancel if I just can't make the dates work down the line.

The flight would First Flexible on the outgoing and Business Flexible on the return leg, booked directly through the airline.

The fare rules read:
CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME

CHARGE EUR 200.00 FOR CANCEL/REFUND.

I know that reads pretty obvious, but I want to make sure that if at any point I decide not to take the trip I am only out the cancellation fees, no questions asked?

Also since this is two tickets round trip, I would be out 800 EUR total, correct?

Sorry one more dumb question, other than renewing my expert flyer account (which I am happy to do), is there any way to make sure my BRU-DXB flight is in the "new first" equipped 777 before booking? The website won't let me look at seats until after payment.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you have RT tickets, normally you would just pay one change/cancellation fee per ticket, although Emirates might do this differently especially if you have two separate one way fares.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you have RT tickets, normally you would just pay one change/cancellation fee per ticket, although Emirates might do this differently especially if you have two separate one way fares.
It is all on one booking. I just wanted to clarify since it was two different service types. I could save money by booking a non-flexible business for the return but it was marked no cancellation, so that is what lead me to believe it would be a cancellation charge for each direction of travel.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If it is a single ticket the most restrictive conditions apply if you cancel the entire ticket. I assume you mean you are booking First flex and Business Flex (not Flexible, the fully flexible tickets are actually Flex Plus). If the most restrictive condition between the First Flex and Business Flex is a EUR200 cancellation penalty, then that is what you'd lose and nothing more, i.e. 200 EUR total.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If it is a single ticket the most restrictive conditions apply if you cancel the entire ticket. I assume you mean you are booking First flex and Business Flex (not Flexible, the fully flexible tickets are actually Flex Plus). If the most restrictive condition between the First Flex and Business Flex is a EUR200 cancellation penalty, then that is what you'd lose and nothing more, i.e. 200 EUR total.
I think we are all on the same page here. Yes, Flex, not Flex Plus. Even better then if is it 200 total.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by HiAperture
The website won't let me look at seats until after payment.
I was going to jump in and say it does now, as reported a week or so ago when this pic was posted.

But I thought I'd check again and it's now changed to

However it only seems to be available for economy class bookings at the moment.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

...del
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:30 am
Original Poster

So just to be definitive, I did end up cancelling this ticket and I was charged a total of 400EUR for the cancellation, one 200EUR fee for each RT passenger. I will also say that Emirates made it very simple and it was refunded relatively quickly.

Last edited by HiAperture; Jul 1, 2019 at 10:12 am
Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Thanks for posting about your experience..Will be a good data reference for future.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:28 pm

I do have a RT ticket, but it says on every way there is a fee of EURO 700 (per way):
Refund Fee: EUR 700 before departure. Not permitted after departure.
The same at the fare on the inbound flight.
Both are Saver Lowest price FC
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:49 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SwissTom
I do have a RT ticket, but it says on every way there is a fee of EURO 700 (per way):
Refund Fee: EUR 700 before departure. Not permitted after departure.
The same at the fare on the inbound flight.
Both are Saver Lowest price FC
The most restrictive of the two sectors will apply if they are under one ticket. If they are two separately purchased tickets then you will pay an aggregate amount.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Zol
The most restrictive of the two sectors will apply if they are under one ticket. If they are two separately purchased tickets then you will pay an aggregate amount.
So if I understand it right: I have to pay Euro 700.- cancelation fee for the RT ticket und not per way (outbound/inbound)?
(still enough, but better)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by SwissTom
So if I understand it right: I have to pay Euro 700.- cancelation fee for the RT ticket und not per way (outbound/inbound)?
(still enough, but better)
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.