Search

Emirates Skywards GO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA BD SA
Emirates Skywards GO

Just received this by email *:
"... we’ve teamed up with The ENTERTAINER to bring you Emirates Skywards GO – a new app to help you get more from your Miles. It’s free to download and explore, then for just 6,700 Skywards Miles you can unlock 2-for-1 dining and entertainment offers in over 20 cities; book tickets to tours and attractions in over 160 destinations using your credit or debit card; and build your itineraries."

No indication of which cities let alone which restaurants etc. So how do I know if its worth parting with 6,700 miles? I could trawl through The Entertainer web site and assume all offers will be available.

Anyone have experience of The Entertainer outside of the UAE?

* The email header "Enjoy global 2-for-1 offers with Emirates Skywards GO" got me quite excited until I read further...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
This has been around for a while. The Entertainer is quite well established and at least in CPT there are tons of offers. I've not tried the EK one. It's usually around 40usd or so I think for 1 year.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:44 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
In my email it said Unlock a 30-day offer pack for 6,700 Skywards Miles. So is it only valid for 30 days?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Zol
In my email it said Unlock a 30-day offer pack for 6,700 Skywards Miles. So is it only valid for 30 days?
from the detail:

Once you spend Miles to unlock the app, you have six months to start using your 2-for-1 vouchers. After you’ve used the first voucher, you have 30 days to enjoy as many offers as you want in any of the cities where 2-for-1 offers are available. And you can renew for another 30 days when you spend another 6,700 Skywards Miles.
Filed under "if my miles are expiring and I have no use for them"
Old Dec 10, 2018, 7:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by extramileage
from the detail:

So can you find out what's on offer without signing up and spending the miles? (sorry, lazy day, have not tried anything myself).
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:17 pm
Zol

Originally Posted by thijsseh
So can you find out what's on offer without signing up and spending the miles? (sorry, lazy day, have not tried anything myself).
Download the app and explore all the features of Emirates Skywards GO before you spend your Miles. Browse tours and attractions in over 160 cities, and check out 2-for-1 offers in more than 20 cities.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:20 pm
Zol

Originally Posted by extramileage
from the detail:

Not how I would interpret it, once miles are redeemed their expiry becomes irrelevant.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by Zol
Not how I would interpret it, once miles are redeemed their expiry becomes irrelevant.
My view is that if those few/orphan miles are expiring, you can redeem them now before expiry and have six months to use the coupons. I see this perhaps useful for an infrequent flyer who may have a holiday planned in next six months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.