Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What’s on your notes?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
It would be great if the notes contained a running total of the amount of flights you have taken. That way when some obnoxious z begins his complaint even before take off with the usual "do you know how many times I have flown with EK?" the FA can calmly reply with "yes, this is only your second time and we know you are flying on a cheap email upgrade...."
Ha! I'd probably do ok on that stat, lots of flights to maintain Gold in Y...
Old Feb 9, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Will08
It would be great if the notes contained a running total of the amount of flights you have taken. That way when some obnoxious z begins his complaint even before take off with the usual "do you know how many times I have flown with EK?" the FA can calmly reply with "yes, this is only your second time and we know you are flying on a cheap email upgrade...."
They do - pax who complain frequently, especially about the same thing, are going to see diminishing returns, both on any service recovery and speed of response...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
In your account preferences you can specify your preferred class of service. It's probably as simple as being based on that.
I don't recall changing any settings and used to get EK offers for first and business only.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:26 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
So I asked the friendly purser on today's flight about the notes and he was more than happy to share my profile with me - and add/update it together!

Nothing exciting recorded apart from the stuff that I had myself entered online.

So have added some personal preferences e.g. No nuts, red wine in a carafe, black coffee, Paradis and chocolates after dinner etc.

Lets see if it works!

Luckily, the 'incident' box was completely empty...
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Aha !So, there is an "incident" box ...
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by ioto1902
Aha !So, there is an "incident" box ...
There is indeed. Most of the profile/notes is displayed in small boxes (8 or 9) on one screen - pax name, status, next [connecting?] flights (including class of travel), general preferences, general interest [the nonsense from Skywards - e.g. golf, horse racing], purser' comments, incidents [which I presume means pax getting into trouble, fights, drunken behaviour etc.] and others I can't remember.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:12 am

I've flown on Emirates only once on an award ticket that was redeemed under someone else's account for a flight in F. When they made the reservation I do not recall if there was place to enter my skywards account number. Would I have a profile and would it follow me to my next reservation? There were no major issues on the flights but some minor ones. I can see how it might follow from flight #1 to flight #2 (I saw crew difference on flight #2 but that may be coincidental) but am curious if it may be "permanent" since I have another flight coming up.
Old May 12, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Supposed to be confidential, I would expect - but given EK and the UAE's attitude toward information security you'd probably only get it clamped down on after a few firings...
They've probably shared this information with other airlines/FFP also. So your reputation will follow you no matter where and how you fly.
Old May 12, 2018, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
I've flown on Emirates only once on an award ticket that was redeemed under someone else's account for a flight in F. When they made the reservation I do not recall if there was place to enter my skywards account number. Would I have a profile and would it follow me to my next reservation? There were no major issues on the flights but some minor ones. I can see how it might follow from flight #1 to flight #2 (I saw crew difference on flight #2 but that may be coincidental) but am curious if it may be "permanent" since I have another flight coming up.
If there wasn't a Skywards number associated and you didn't register an account you won't have one. Theoretically they could still identify you from name DOB and passport number
Old May 12, 2018, 4:39 pm

If there wasn't a Skywards number associated and you didn't register an account you won't have one. Theoretically they could still identify you from name DOB and passport number
This is getting interesting. I went back to the confirmation email of my flights and it has my name but the skywards number of my friend's account who used their miles for my ticket. I will be traveling with my friend later this year. Neither of us have traveled on Emirates since my incident. We will be in F later this year. What are the odds that the conversation starts "we are sorry for.....". I do not want my friend blindsided but I also do not want them to know about the issue.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by mileshound
This is getting interesting. I went back to the confirmation email of my flights and it has my name but the skywards number of my friend's account who used their miles for my ticket. I will be traveling with my friend later this year. Neither of us have traveled on Emirates since my incident. We will be in F later this year. What are the odds that the conversation starts "we are sorry for.....". I do not want my friend blindsided but I also do not want them to know about the issue.
His number shouldn't have been on, the system might've kicked it off at some point for not matching the pax name, but for minor issues it's very unlikely they even made a note, and even less likely they'd mention it, IMHO, I am curious though
Old May 16, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
His number shouldn't have been on, the system might've kicked it off at some point for not matching the pax name, but for minor issues it's very unlikely they even made a note, and even less likely they'd mention it, IMHO, I am curious though
On two occasions, I had skyward numbers not matching pax.
First time was when I booked a ticket for a family member using my miles. My skywards number was input automatically.
Second time was when I bought a ticket for a family member (with credit card). I input my skywards number by mistake (by habit, actually), and the system accepted it. I was surprised that the system didn't reject it.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I had myself added to the incident box once... Brought the whole F bar back to J, and one of the gentleman I was sharing scotch with blacked out on his way back to his seat.. This brought concern to the Purser who cut me off.. I argued a bit as anyone who had drank liquor for 8 hours straight would have... At the end of the day I took my seat and slept the rest of the way. Nonetheless it was noted and mentioned on my next EK flight. The purser asked if I had any issues on recent flights, I smiled and said yes.. He then brought me a bottle of Dom Rose (some promo they had on HKG flights) and wished me a great flight. Seems the incident was taken off as it was never mentioned again.
dsched likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 3:16 am

My humble observation, EK maintains a rather comprehensive profile database on all passengers. This information extends well beyond notes by staff (call centre/ office/any point of interaction with the passenger).

They could create generic profiles about passengers from fares purchased, purchase and payment methods, loyalty, seat and meal selection, bags travelled with, you name it.

How they use this information is what I know little of. The only thing I have had glimpse of was data fed (not from EK) to a rather smart software used by law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

If you decide to fly dark, that is book through a large ota, have no ff number or seat preferences, they could theoretically link this new passenger ID to profiles that match not just the obvious name, dob and phone numbers, but more importantly, individuals of interest that you flew with or have joined you at a destination. And this was 7 years ago.

The analysis was then done in post, but they could very well be doing this in realtime.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
I complain all the time in the A380 about the temperature in FIRST being ridiculously hot. I gave up saying it was hot now I have a thermometer which is installed in same position every time and I then just point to the 26 on it and ask what the cabin termperature is set to.
They always state its 23 or 23.5, so I know for sure that Airbus can't get that right.

This was on my profile notes when I saw them last year, as well as my favourite drink(s) and seat.

It does seem I am tagged for life.......shame they keep offering the nuts with the drinks though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.