Search

Delayed flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Please find mentioned below the reply from the authorities from Belgium:

Our reference:

Dear Sir,

Regulation (EC)261/2004 applies to all airlines if it concerns a flight departing from EU. If it concerns a flight departing from outside EU but with arrival in EU, it applies only to European airlines.

The regulation also applies in case of connecting flights but only when it is the flight departing from/arriving at EU that has caused the delay at final destination.

For example:

flight Brussels-New York is delayed and causes missed connection at New York, delay at final destination Boston: regulation applies
flight Boston-New York is delayed and causes missed connection at New York, delay at final destination Brussels: regulation does not apply

Yours faithfully,

FPS Mobility & Transport
Belgian Civil Aviation Authority
Strategic Unit –Passengers rights

City Atrium (6th floor - locker PAX) - Rue du Progrès 56
B-1210 Brussels

Tel : + 32 2 277 44 00
E-mail: [email protected]
www.mobilit.belgium.be

- - - - - - - - - Original Message - - - - - - - - -
To:
Date: 15/11/2017 20:18
Subject: Request
================================================== ===========

Hello ,

I have a few questions:

-To which airlines does EC26/2004 not apply ?

-Does EC261/2004 apply also in case of connecting flights (connection outside EU)?

Thank you,

Kind regards,

I am occupied for the next 2 weeks,
But am going to take the matter further, the regulations also mention time of arrival at destination, which differs with the above mentioned reply.

Last edited by diamantaire; Nov 16, 2017 at 12:41 pm
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:18 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I'm really not sure what you're trying to achieve here... You just keep posting either incorrect information, or information that is currently known.

The OP asked the question knowing that EC261 didn't apply. He got a good outcome with a stack of EK miles as compensation. Thread finished.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by diamantaire
Please find mentioned below the reply from the authorities from Belgium:
You are starting to make yourself look a bit silly I'm afraid.

No relevance at all to the OP who wasn't covered by EC261.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by simons1
You are starting to make yourself look a bit silly I'm afraid.

No relevance at all to the OP who wasn't covered by EC261.
I think they are trying to make a point about their own situation and this seemed like the most relevant thread instead of starting a new one - in which case perhaps we shouldn't flame as much as we are
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Hi all - some advice please. I've done some searching but couldn't find anything... how do we go about making a claim under EU261 with EK? Their website says 'contact your local emirates office' but I don't really want to spend time on hold.

Can we lodge by email? Is there a specific address, or just to customer service?

TIA.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:32 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Hi all - some advice please. I've done some searching but couldn't find anything... how do we go about making a claim under EU261 with EK? Their website says 'contact your local emirates office' but I don't really want to spend time on hold.

Can we lodge by email? Is there a specific address, or just to customer service?

TIA.
Any claim is handled online using the following link: https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...back/complaint

All the best. I'm locked in a bit of a battle at the moment for some delays in December that meant I landed 10h late and had to go straight to work, all from an ex-EU flight that was delayed 45 minutes.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Any claim is handled online using the following link: https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...back/complaint

All the best. I'm locked in a bit of a battle at the moment for some delays in December that meant I landed 10h late and had to go straight to work, all from an ex-EU flight that was delayed 45 minutes.
Thanks!

I think/hope we might be ok with this one... it was delayed just over three hours CDG-DXB, landing just over three hours late (so now excuses there with the timing on either departure or arrival). Caused missed connection to TYO, arriving TYO 8 hours late.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 11:42 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Thanks!

I think/hope we might be ok with this one... it was delayed just over three hours CDG-DXB, landing just over three hours late (so now excuses there with the timing on either departure or arrival). Caused missed connection to TYO, arriving TYO 8 hours late.
There are some good templates/messages from others on how to raise decision EC261/2004 and also now pointing out that they have lost the case. I'm prepared to escalate this one as I actually could have made my flight in the end, but had been rebooked and denied boarding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.