Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Emirates Baggage Guide Thread FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Emirates Baggage Guide Thread FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:39 am
vgc

Originally Posted by takhliq1
Hi Everyone,

I have a situation where i am flying with Emirates but on 2 separate tickets.
First flight is an award flight from IAD to DXB. Then a separate cash ticket from DXB to SKT. Will i be able to check my baggage thru to SKT?

Thanks.
That might be a question for the Emirates forum. I don't want to tell you yes for sure, but I personally feel like they absolutely have the ability to do so.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
You might also want to check at the transfer point with the gate agent to see if the baggage has transferred onto their flight.

Jiburi
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:12 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
If they are both on EK metal then yes they will
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by jiburi
You might also want to check at the transfer point with the gate agent to see if the baggage has transferred onto their flight.

Jiburi
Much to my dismay and inconvenience , twice recently on 2 different EK flights ex DXB , I have enquired at gate as to whether my checked in luggage had been loaded , both times after consulting computer gate agent told me yes....and luggage had NOT made the flight.
So I have to say that this method is not reliable.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:47 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante
Much to my dismay and inconvenience , twice recently on 2 different EK flights ex DXB , I have enquired at gate as to whether my checked in luggage had been loaded , both times after consulting computer gate agent told me yes....and luggage had NOT made the flight.
So I have to say that this method is not reliable.
If you ask this question and your luggage hasn't made it, do you have the right to refuse to board and get on the next flight?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
If you ask this question and your luggage hasn't made it, do you have the right to refuse to board and get on the next flight?
I didn't know the luggage hadn't made it until I arrived at my destination.I boarded my flights with the knowledge that my luggage was in the hold.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I didn't know the luggage hadn't made it until I arrived at my destination.I boarded my flights with the knowledge that my luggage was in the hold.
Sorry, I'm asking a hypothetical question. If you had been told that your luggage was not on the plane, is it within your rights to refuse to board and be rebooked?
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by sydtogla
Sorry, I'm asking a hypothetical question. If you had been told that your luggage was not on the plane, is it within your rights to refuse to board and be rebooked?
I don't know,however on both those occasions I was purposely the first at the gate to get boarding pass beeped and ask the question,so if I was told the luggage hadn't made it,then I would have had time ...supposedly....for the luggage to be located and loaded or at least think quickly to go to a plan B
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Not sure how accurately they can tell. Bags aren't scanned when they're loaded, they're scanned when they're put on a cart and sent to the aircraft's parking position, they could be left sitting there and not loaded and it'd only be known once they're scanned again after that. The staff might only be able to see that the bags were loaded on the first flight, or might've misunderstood the question to mean that you want to know that your bags are correctly recorded against your PNR, and thus just seeing that you have a checked bag locator on your PNR they said yes.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not sure how accurately they can tell. Bags aren't scanned when they're loaded, they're scanned when they're put on a cart and sent to the aircraft's parking position, they could be left sitting there and not loaded and it'd only be known once they're scanned again after that. The staff might only be able to see that the bags were loaded on the first flight, or might've misunderstood the question to mean that you want to know that your bags are correctly recorded against your PNR, and thus just seeing that you have a checked bag locator on your PNR they said yes.
In both events,I checked in bags early in DXB so was point to point.And after being told at gate by agent after looking at PNR,I was told bags loaded on plane.My question was definitely understood.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:32 am

Max bagage weight @ Emirates?

Hi Guys,
Anyone who knows what the maximum bagage allowance with Emirates is? 25 kilo perhaps?
Furthermore, is there a general basic bagage allowance for all airlines? 20 kilo I heard? "except for low cost airlines of course for which you need to pay your main luggage"
Thanks in advance,
Old Feb 11, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
For Emirates, any one piece of luggage can be a max of 32kg. Total weight or piece allowance will vary on the destination, class of service and frequent flyer status.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...d-baggage.aspx
SalmaFood likes this.

Last edited by extramileage; Feb 11, 2018 at 12:57 am
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex
Question: Will be travelling within US on two Jetblue flights, on an EK ticket. It's not connecting (landing in JFK and flying out to AUS 2 days later), and again from CLE to BOS, connecting onto JFK on EK. Will Jetblue uphold the baggage allowance that EK provides? Their website says that they will, but something tells me that they will only if I connect on to Jetblue flights within a certain time period. Anyone in the know?

Last edited by mannimagus; Feb 12, 2018 at 6:02 am Reason: Missed punctuation
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:40 am

Yes, as they are on the same ticket.
What I would do in your position.however, is print out that info from airline website and if you speak to airline agent on phone or.in person,take name and time+date.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:43 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Greetings Folks,

I will be traveling with EK from DXB to JFK inibusiness and I know that they will apply the "piece concept" which means 2 checked luggage with a max of 32kg in each.

However, is it possible to pay for a 3rd checked luggage? EK website does not state that it is not possible but there is no mention of excess luggage in the "piece concept". So is it just 2 no matter what or can I pay for an additional one?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I do not have my ticket yet so I cannot have a look at the "manage my booking" section of the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.