Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Print Wikipost

Transiting through DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: VX Silver
Question about PP lounge access on 2 hours layover at 1:30 am (DXB)

Hi fellow travelers,

I have an upcoming trip to India (LAX-DXB-BOM) with a 2 hour layover in Dubai from 1:30 am to 3:30 am.

I would like to go a Priority Pass lounge and take a quick shower before my next flight as I will have a busy next day in India with more traveling. Any recommendations or tips on what Lounge I should go to?

Will lounges be busy during that time? I was wondering if there might be a way to make a reservation for a shower? Or maybe I might not even have time to visit the lounge?

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Irwin Alvarado
Hi fellow travelers,

I have an upcoming trip to India (LAX-DXB-BOM) with a 2 hour layover in Dubai from 1:30 am to 3:30 am.

I would like to go a Priority Pass lounge and take a quick shower before my next flight as I will have a busy next day in India with more traveling. Any recommendations or tips on what Lounge I should go to?

Will lounges be busy during that time? I was wondering if there might be a way to make a reservation for a shower? Or maybe I might not even have time to visit the lounge?

Thanks!
Do you have access to the Emirates Business lounge?

Few weeks back, I found the Terminal B lounge extremely busy during the early hours (5:30 AM). I had to wait 15-20 minutes for a shower.

Took a flight back to BOM on Friday which departed from terminal C & the business lounge showers were available. But this was in the afternoon.

My guess is that lot depends on the time.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 3:31 am

Programs: Skywards
Hi fellow travelers,

Thanks!
Busy time 1:30-3:30am and afaik no free showers in the PP lounges. Do your flights arrive at 1:30/3:30? If so, your transit is quite short (maybe you'll have a remote stand etc)
Old Jul 3, 2016, 11:22 pm

Thanks, I don't have access to the business lounge. i will try going to the hotel gym inside the terminal, maybe that might work out better. We'll see.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Thanks, I don't have access to the business lounge. i will try going to the hotel gym inside the terminal, maybe that might work out better. We'll see.
There are also showers in the terminal for general use. You just need to bring your own towel. Not sure about toiletries.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
There are also showers in the terminal for general use. You just need to bring your own towel. Not sure about toiletries.
Thanks, I read about this as well but I have not seen a map that points to their exact location. I will have my carry-on with toiletries and a travel towel so that's no problem.

I assume I am getting into the B gates since I'm arriving from LAX. Any pointers on where to find these showers? Or are they within the restrooms? I didn't see them last time I was there, but I was not looking for them.

From what I read, the G-Force Health Club might be the best option as it's only 70dhs.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:46 pm

Thanks, I read about this as well but I have not seen a map that points to their exact location. I will have my carry-on with toiletries and a travel towel so that's no problem.

I assume I am getting into the B gates since I'm arriving from LAX. Any pointers on where to find these showers? Or are they within the restrooms? I didn't see them last time I was there, but I was not looking for them.

From what I read, the G-Force Health Club might be the best option as it's only 70dhs.
They look similar to the toilets along the outside of the concourse where the gates are, noticed them about 2 years ago, not really noticed since. You can ask at the info counter. Health club shower would probably be a little nicer though.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: MPC SL
7:15 transit

First time posting here. I tried to find previous posts about transits but couldn't really find any answers. This is my first time on Emirates. I will have a 7:15 layover at DXB flying in Y. Will I be able to get food or voucher from Emirates?

I am also waiting for a response for a status match. So hopefully if that goes through I will be able to use the lounge!

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you guys!
Old Jul 10, 2016, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by imnewhere
First time posting here. I tried to find previous posts about transits but couldn't really find any answers. This is my first time on Emirates. I will have a 7:15 layover at DXB flying in Y. Will I be able to get food or voucher from Emirates?

I am also waiting for a response for a status match. So hopefully if that goes through I will be able to use the lounge!

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you guys!
Welcome to the EK sub-forum, the best part of FT!

I assume you mean 7h15m transit not a transit at 7:15am/pm.

Last I knew you get a food voucher for any transit over 4h no questions asked. Either at the connection desk or in the old days there was a counter near gate A24 or somewhere.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond
Eight Hour Layover at DXB

I am a US person new to flying Emirates and will be flying business class through DXB while traveling from BOM to IAH. The layover is from 12:05am to 8:25am.

It seems like 8 hours is just on the cusp of having enough time to make it worthwhile to get a transit visa and a hotel room. But I do have access to the Emirates business class lounge, which looks pretty good...

Some of the previous posts on this thread have leaned toward the hotel room but is it more trouble than it's worth?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by cguzik
I am a US person new to flying Emirates and will be flying business class through DXB while traveling from BOM to IAH. The layover is from 12:05am to 8:25am.

It seems like 8 hours is just on the cusp of having enough time to make it worthwhile to get a transit visa and a hotel room. But I do have access to the Emirates business class lounge, which looks pretty good...

Some of the previous posts on this thread have leaned toward the hotel room but is it more trouble than it's worth?
You don't need to leave the airport or pass through immigration as there are airside hotels in the airport itself .

This is useful for pax who need transit visa etc to enter Dubai and don't want the hassle of doing this for a nights sleep.

In case you decide to leave the airport and stay at a hotel outside (this will be much more cheaper than the airside hotel) you should be able to get free entry to Dubai (if you are a US passport holder)

However I don't think that its worth leaving the airport or even taking the airside hotel due to the following reasons .

1. I havent flown from BOM for a while but I fly frequently from DEL.
The time you arrive at DXB is a very busy period and you are likely to spend a lot of time on a holding pattern over Dubai before you land .

2. Aircraft from the subcontinent landing at this time are likely to be sent to remote bays and you are likely to be taken on a bus to the terminal.

Once you reach the terminal you then have to go through transit security etc and that will also take time .

Even if you get an airside hotel it will be around 0130 before you can sleep (after check in etc)

There are sleeping areas in the lounges . My favourite is the one in the business lounge in A concourse. All you need to do is to carry on walking once you get into the lounge and once you reach the far end use the lift or stairs to go down one level.

There are fairly comfortable recliners with blankets/eyeshades etc where you can catch a few hours sleep. The only issue is that its a bit bright and can be slightly noisy. (Depends on how your sleep pattern is ) but it does get very quiet after 0200.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
You don't need to leave the airport or pass through immigration as there are airside hotels in the airport itself .

This is useful for pax who need transit visa etc to enter Dubai and don't want the hassle of doing this for a nights sleep.

In case you decide to leave the airport and stay at a hotel outside (this will be much more cheaper than the airside hotel) you should be able to get free entry to Dubai (if you are a US passport holder)

However I don't think that its worth leaving the airport or even taking the airside hotel due to the following reasons .

1. I havent flown from BOM for a while but I fly frequently from DEL.
The time you arrive at DXB is a very busy period and you are likely to spend a lot of time on a holding pattern over Dubai before you land .

2. Aircraft from the subcontinent landing at this time are likely to be sent to remote bays and you are likely to be taken on a bus to the terminal.

Once you reach the terminal you then have to go through transit security etc and that will also take time .

Even if you get an airside hotel it will be around 0130 before you can sleep (after check in etc)

There are sleeping areas in the lounges . My favourite is the one in the business lounge in A concourse. All you need to do is to carry on walking once you get into the lounge and once you reach the far end use the lift or stairs to go down one level.

There are fairly comfortable recliners with blankets/eyeshades etc where you can catch a few hours sleep. The only issue is that its a bit bright and can be slightly noisy. (Depends on how your sleep pattern is ) but it does get very quiet after 0200.
Remote stand depends more on the aircraft's next flight than its origin. Decent chance of an A or B or C gate also from India. I've had it all
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by cguzik

I'm assuming you've checked that you're not eligible for Dubai Connect? Free hotel, visa and transfers if no shorter connection available at time of booking in same class of travel for layovers over 7h in Business class.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
I'm assuming you've checked that you're not eligible for Dubai Connect? Free hotel, visa and transfers if no shorter connection available at time of booking in same class of travel for layovers over 7h in Business class.
6h*
Old Jul 23, 2016, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by kuroko
6h*
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.