Last edit by: Zol
Print Wikipost

Transiting through DXB

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Transit Question!

Hi All,

I am arriving from Cape Town at 730am and have a 15 hour layover (this is on purpose for a meeting in Dubai Town).

My meeting is at 1pm in town but my question is;

Is it possible after landing to use the Biz Class lounge first airside then leave the airport around 1130am?

I am flying business but I noticed when you arrive in Dubai you have a choice to transit or pass through immigration but can you go from transit to immigration? Is there a exit as I have never seen one?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:20 am

I've never done it, but it's been described on here a few times. What you do is got through transit security and go to the lounge of your choice. Then retrace your steps back through transit security (making some excuse on the way presumably) and join the flow of arriving passengers to immigration.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Transiting through T1 at DXB

HI EK Experts,

this is not related to EK, however I'm travelling from LHR to DXB on VS400 and arriving on a Sunday morning 8:35 AM, I need to go to HYD either on Indigo 25 at 10:40 AM or a spice Jet 60 at 12:55 PM. Both leave from T1. Wanted to check if roughly 2 hours would be good enough to clear immigration ( US passport), collect baggage and recheck it at Indigo counter ( they require atleast a 75 min checkin window).

so technically I have about 45 mins to clear Immigration, collect baggage and then show up at Indigo counter at T1 ( same as VS arrival)..I'm guessing its too tight , wanted to confirm with the EK experts here as well.

Would appreciate if someone can describe how the process works at DXB for this transfer.

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Not sure about T1 immigration/customs and re-check but looking at the times you've got about 60 minutes from landing until check-in for Indigo closes. So as much as I'd recommend Indigo every day over Spicejet in this case I think Spicejet is your best bet.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:54 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Thanks for the quick response.

Any info on how long is the commute (walk, train etc) from collecting baggage to showing up at check in counters at T1 again..?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:56 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Javvu
Thanks for the quick response.

Any info on how long is the commute (walk, train etc) from collecting baggage to showing up at check in counters at T1 again..?

Thanks
It's not too far, you need to go upstairs to the check in area. However, it could take you 20 minutes to get from the plane to the immigration area. Plus 30+ minutes at immigration.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:36 am

Keep in mind the new concourse D means there's a train ride, not sure of the transit time this involves.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Keep in mind the new concourse D means there's a train ride, not sure of the transit time this involves.
Probably quicker than the long walk under the taxiways to Concourse C
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Just explain going back through security that you have had a message to go and now have to leave the airport. Bit awkward but doable
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:21 am

You could reduce waiting times at immigration drastically by using arrival services from Marhaba or Ahlan.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Five hours is hardly long enough. It will be best part of an hour until you are out of the airport and then you need to be back at least 2 hours (probably more with immigration) so you'd have less than 2 hours - what would you do (it's fine to go and meet someone to deliver something but otherwise forget it). I wouldn't do it for less than about 8 hours.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Had the same issue 1 week ago , what I did was to kill the time was to walk all the way to concourse C and then all the way back to concourse A ( YES , I know fun times :- and then stop in concourse B for some food/drink ......
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:13 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks all for your advice; sounds like I'm better off just hanging around in the A-Gates Lounge.

m3red - Would be great to meet up. Both of my flights are A380's, so I presume I'll be in the A Gates Business Lounge. If you're in the First Lounge, are you able to guest me in for breakfast?

M
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Thanks all for your advice; sounds like I'm better off just hanging around in the A-Gates Lounge.

m3red - Would be great to meet up. Both of my flights are A380's, so I presume I'll be in the A Gates Business Lounge. If you're in the First Lounge, are you able to guest me in for breakfast?

M
I'll be in the first lounge but can only guest you if you are on the same flight which you are not unfortunately. Bit of a stupid rule this.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
That is uncomfortably tight. Even on a good day it can take 50-60 mins to get landside with your bags retrieved. A delayed inbound flight or long lines at immigration would scupper your plan completely. Either build in much more time or ...

Originally Posted by hansie123
You could reduce waiting times at immigration drastically by using arrival services from Marhaba or Ahlan.
The Marhaba service costs around 300 dhs ($80) to have your bags intercepted and redirected to the next carrier, removing the need to go landside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.