Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard F&B

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
IMHO, as 'artisan' chocolates go, Godiva are nothing special.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:17 pm

Programs: EK,BA,QR
It's Christmas......

Well, I thought it was the end, that I'd missed it - but no, it seems that Dom - P2 is back - on my upcoming MUC-DXB jaunt early December, according to EK.

Looking forward to trying it!
How has it been for others? Be good to know - I'm not easily impressed so I tend to approach featured "things" very sceptically - however, I'm willing to give this one a good try!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by offtothehills
Well, I thought it was the end, that I'd missed it - but no, it seems that Dom - P2 is back - on my upcoming MUC-DXB jaunt early December, according to EK.

Looking forward to trying it!
How has it been for others? Be good to know - I'm not easily impressed so I tend to approach featured "things" very sceptically - however, I'm willing to give this one a good try!
How do you know it's on in Dec? Only the Nov menus will be showing.

I really like it, tastes better on the ground but still a lovely champagne,
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: Emirates Platinum
The last ones i had on the flight were horrible. i dont remember the brand.

On late flights i usually skip the meal, order a large bowl of warm nuts, and a few boxes of godiva's, some champagne then pass out. ill need a new routine this weekend...........
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by m3red
How do you know it's on in Dec? Only the Nov menus will be showing.

I really like it, tastes better on the ground but still a lovely champagne,
It looks like it anyway - it only came up when I input 4 Dec for MUC-DXB, not 5Nov...

Lucky you to have it on the ground - yes, it would taste better there.^
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by offtothehills
It looks like it anyway - it only came up when I input 4 Dec for MUC-DXB, not 5Nov...

Lucky you to have it on the ground - yes, it would taste better there.^
I went to the Emirates launch of DP 05 and also another dinner with DP in Dubai so got to taste quite a few. ^

Back to topic the food is still crap.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:49 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
[QUOTE=m3red;27434579]I went to the Emirates launch of DP 05 and also another dinner with DP in Dubai so got to taste quite a few.

Back to topic the food is still crap.👍
Old Nov 4, 2016, 3:50 am

I went to the Emirates launch of DP 05 and also another dinner with DP in Dubai so got to taste quite a few. ^

Back to topic the food is still crap.

Nice one with the P2!

No wonder you have a taste for the stuff

Last edited by offtothehills; Nov 4, 2016 at 4:29 am
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: points traveller
is chateau d'yquem floating around anywhere lately? looks like i'll miss out on the P2 on a DXB-JFK route in a couple of weeks so looking for someway else to drown the sorrows.

haven't flown EK previously, read plenty of reviews where the appetisers look far more appealing than the mains that come out - fair/unfair judgement?
Old Nov 7, 2016, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by diningdecadence
is chateau d'yquem floating around anywhere lately? looks like i'll miss out on the P2 on a DXB-JFK route in a couple of weeks so looking for someway else to drown the sorrows.

haven't flown EK previously, read plenty of reviews where the appetisers look far more appealing than the mains that come out - fair/unfair judgement?
P2 was only on DXB to Europe routes this time.

The starters are the best, so caviar/Soup etc are good.

Cheese is also vey good

chateau d'yquem is still around I think? Not that I get past the red wine/Dom.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by diningdecadence

Appetisers can be very good, but mains tend to be both unimaginative and below the standard that one might hope for in F class.

In fact food overall is not really a strong point with Emirates, but if you moderate expectations accordingly, you should be okay. It's all subjective I guess.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Appetisers can be very good, but mains tend to be both unimaginative and below the standard that one might hope for in F class.

In fact food overall is not really a strong point with Emirates, but if you moderate expectations accordingly, you should be okay. It's all subjective I guess.
Correction: food in J and F is not a strong point. In Y it is pretty good, just not a lot of changes in the menus over time
Old Nov 7, 2016, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Correction: food in J and F is not a strong point. In Y it is pretty good, just not a lot of changes in the menus over time
There is no "correction" needed.

It's all subjective. Sometimes I've had really nice F meals but that is not the norm, usually its pretty average with the starters/cheese/desert being the best part of the food offering.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:05 am

There is no "correction" needed.

It's all subjective. Sometimes I've had really nice F meals but that is not the norm, usually its pretty average with the starters/cheese/desert being the best part of the food offering.
so that is what I said? I have had great meals in J/F as well, but agree with you that that is not the norm, on average they're a bit uninspired.

My point was that in Y I think EK has a definite reputation for good food, from many friends of mine who are casual travellers with budget as first priority and thus fly a big mix of airlines they generally all comment on the food on EK as well as ICE being very good.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Haven't been to the forum lately so this may be a bit dated but FWIW, got these chocolates, both BOM-DXB, and DXB-BOS. According tot he EK crew, these are going to be the 'standard issue' across the fleet now.

(...and the hand lotion makes a comeback in the J lavs, though not Bvlgari, but a new brand Voya - tubes are much longer ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.