Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard F&B

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Onboard F&B

Does anyone know what is usually included in the Asian Vegetarian meal on board Emirates?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Typically, Indian fare. I've seen it being served as a part of the main menu choices quite a few times recently. I've never tasted it though so I can't help with the taste/ spice levels...
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz Pres Club
Usually a chickpea salad for an appetizer, two curries with rice as the entree and Indian dessert (gulab jamun, cham cham etc.) Spice levels are moderate. They used to have a chilled kheer with saffron and pistachio that used to be truly awesome. But haven't seen it being offered in over two years now. Presentation and flavor of entree on India inbound and outbound routes way superior to North America inbound and outbound routes. No experience on other routes. Recently EK announced this http://j.mp/1pXoJ1O Haven't seen any difference on my three recent trips, including one last Sunday
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: UA GS, EK Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis First, Hertz Pres Club
Oh, BTW That's the J/F menu Entree not too dissimilar in Y But appetizer and dessert usually standard fare (meaning not India specific)
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies.

Think I will take the asian vegi option on my LHR to DXB trip.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Update.

Had asian veg option on my inward flight - very nice!
My mother had the asian veg option on our outward flight - horrible (saag + lentils + rice + gulab jamun) - also dropped the sticky gulab jamun all over the floor.

Hit and miss really. Next time sticking with the normal option on both journeys. The chicken and mash was great in the return leg.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
Update.

Had asian veg option on my inward flight - very nice!
My mother had the asian veg option on our outward flight - horrible (saag + lentils + rice + gulab jamun) - also dropped the sticky gulab jamun all over the floor.

Hit and miss really. Next time sticking with the normal option on both journeys. The chicken and mash was great in the return leg.
Did they have a vegetarian option to choose from on the menu if you didn't specifically request one prior to departure?

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yashan
Did they have a vegetarian option to choose from on the menu if you didn't specifically request one prior to departure?

Thanks.
Was requested before flight
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:29 am

Another EK Enhancement - Artisanal Chocs in J

Was surprised to see the familiar Godiva chocs being replaced by "Coco Jalila" - I literally cringed when I saw the packaging. Was informed by the FA that starting this month, EK shall not be serving Godivas in J - those are reserved for F pax. She finally got me a couple of Godivas from F looking at the forlorn look on my face....

Sorry EK - these "Artisanal Chocolates" are definitely not my idea of artisan chocolates
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: EK Skywards silver Miles and Smiles Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
No!
We are in J next Sunday!
Has anyone tasted these?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by daisymay2
Has anyone tasted these?
I didn't dare to....
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Blue, Iberia Plus
First world problems??
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by ramops
First world problems??
Well, when the quality of a product deteriorates it's important to notice it, this includes food included in the product. BA can get away with some "enhancements" because they have true non-stop flights to for example Asia and Africa.

Emirates not so much, They already have a disadvantage that passengers can't sleep all night due to connection in Dubai. I think Emirates and other Arab airlines should be very careful when considering "enhancements".
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Well, when the quality of a product deteriorates it's important to notice it, this includes food included in the product. BA can get away with some "enhancements" because they have true non-stop flights to for example Asia and Africa.

Emirates not so much, They already have a disadvantage that passengers can't sleep all night due to connection in Dubai. I think Emirates and other Arab airlines should be very careful when considering "enhancements".
Not really, still superior to BA and much cheaper - but as you rightly say, not direct.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If not tried then judgment seen premature. Flying J next week and will test these out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.