Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard F&B

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by jackiedada
(...and the hand lotion makes a comeback in the J lavs, though not Bvlgari, but a new brand Voya - tubes are much longer ).
I noticed the Voya toiletries in a trip report showing the A380 shower suite the other day.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27953000-post107.html
Old Feb 27, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
I noticed the Voya toiletries in a trip report showing the A380 shower suite the other day.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27953000-post107.html
Here is a closeup of the tube that they have in J.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
These have been around for a few months now - certainly since November for the VOYA and around Xmas for the Chocs.
Old May 15, 2017, 2:24 am

Godivas are back...

and in a nicer box too... . Only on select routes now as I was informed....
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:12 am

Got "Neuhaus" chocolates in a bright red box on todays flight from BOM. Wonder if it is a recent change or across the network. Shall confirm on my onward to JFK.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Got "Neuhaus" chocolates in a bright red box on todays flight from BOM. Wonder if it is a recent change or across the network. Shall confirm on my onward to JFK.
I got them in J to JFK just a couple weeks back. I believe this was also reported on another thread.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:20 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Got these as well ex AMS last night and DXB/CPT today.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Neuhaus been around a while, had them 2 weeks ago and recall seeing them prior to that also
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Neuhaus been around a while, had them 2 weeks ago and recall seeing them prior to that also
I think the Neuhaus are just another installment of the chocolate brand rotation that's been happening over the past couple of years. Quite nice though.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
I think the Neuhaus are just another installment of the chocolate brand rotation that's been happening over the past couple of years. Quite nice though.
OK, they were there on my flight to JFK as well so probably network wide. That's a good thing - I used to really like them during my chocolate binging days so I hope they stay. Planning to carry back a couple of boxes for my daughter.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:23 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

What's the opinion of the J class food at the moment? IMO, it seemed to have improved quite a bit on my recent flights.

There was a prawn curry of some sort on the MAN-DXB leg that was fantastic... lovely and spicy, with lots of prawns. The DXB-BKK leg had chicken curry which was great again.

The returns weren't quite as nice, but sill pretty good.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What's the opinion of the J class food at the moment? IMO, it seemed to have improved quite a bit on my recent flights.

There was a prawn curry of some sort on the MAN-DXB leg that was fantastic... lovely and spicy, with lots of prawns. The DXB-BKK leg had chicken curry which was great again.

I agree! I have never been overly impressed by their J food until my most recent flights in August. I also thought the wine choices were much much nicer than before.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 12:10 am

Seems to be better. I tried the lamb shanks on my BOM-DXB leg which was quite nice and so decided to try both the meals on DXB-JFK in flight instead of eating at the lounge (which had standard fare and nothing interesting). The curry options seem to be definitely less oily than before.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: EK-Gold, SPG, Amex

Flew DXB-PVG-DXB last week in J, and I had an AVML request. I got some great Indian food - chickpeas curry, naan and some gulab jamuns. Something similar in the return, can't remember what exactly but the meal was great.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mannimagus
Flew DXB-PVG-DXB last week in J, and I had an AVML request. I got some great Indian food - chickpeas curry, naan and some gulab jamuns. Something similar in the return, can't remember what exactly but the meal was great.
I am finding that the word curry is on most of the menus the past year, you used to always have this on the Indian sub continent sectors but even out of London, Hong Kong and even Tokyo.

I'm finding the variety lacks on the menus you can almost guess the reworded options, but the taste is still good.

I just worry about curry on a long sector as some ingredient in some render a through action more likely which is unpleasant in the small cupboards they call toilets.

Would love to see pre-select main meal option being possible. Can only wish and keep suggesting it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.