Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Award Availability

What is the most efficient way to check Emirates award availability? I would like to see what is available before I commit to transferring points into Skywards from other sources.

Thanks
Old May 24, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Expert Flyer or you can log into skywards (account required) and price out award bookings.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: Skywards
.. or you can just call them.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by extramileage
Expert Flyer or you can log into skywards (account required) and price out award bookings.
Are you able to view upgrade availability online as well or is the only way to know if you can upgrade with miles to call them? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old May 27, 2016, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by keoughjb
Are you able to view upgrade availability online as well or is the only way to know if you can upgrade with miles to call them? Thanks in advance for your help!
You can view it online - although even if it says no availability, if on the day there's space available, you can still use miles at the airport to upgrade (or on board if you are Silver or above).
Old May 27, 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You can view it online - although even if it says no availability, if on the day there's space available, you can still use miles at the airport to upgrade (or on board if you are Silver or above).
Thanks for your response. Can you tell me where on their site, exactly, I can find where it says if a flight has availability to upgrade from Economy to Business with miles? All I see is the number of miles it would take to upgrade along with the following text associated with each flight "Upgrades with Miles are subject to availability." However, no where can I seem to find if an upgrade is, in fact, available for the flights I've selected. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old May 27, 2016, 8:39 am

Thanks for your response. Can you tell me where on their site, exactly, I can find where it says if a flight has availability to upgrade from Economy to Business with miles? All I see is the number of miles it would take to upgrade along with the following text associated with each flight "Upgrades with Miles are subject to availability." However, no where can I seem to find if an upgrade is, in fact, available for the flights I've selected. Thanks in advance for your help!
If you've already bought a ticket then you can do it via MMB.

If you haven't, then J upgrade seats come out of the D bucket, which is also the J saver bucket, so do a redemption search for J saver (you must do a round trip search).

F upgrade seats come out of Z, so you can just search for any F availability in the redemption search system.
Old May 27, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
If you've already bought a ticket then you can do it via MMB.

If you haven't, then J upgrade seats come out of the D bucket, which is also the J saver bucket, so do a redemption search for J saver (you must do a round trip search).

F upgrade seats come out of Z, so you can just search for any F availability in the redemption search system.
Awesome! Thanks very much!!!
Old May 27, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I find by far the quickest and easiest way to check upgrade availability is with the app. Just go to "My Trips" open your trip and click the three dot menu icon in the top right and go to Upgrade and it will very clearly show you if upgrade is available or not. You can check the sectors you want to upgrade and click Calculate Miles to see the exact requirements as well.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:00 am

I have flights booked in Y+ and none of the 4 legs has upgrade available (waiting for 1 week till now). Flights are 2 weeks out. Are they so empty they want to fill them up with paid pax or is this normal?
My last flights also did not have upgrade available (as on the webpage) but was able to sleep in '4-middle-seat-flat-bed'. It was so empty.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile Expertflyer

Originally Posted by extramileage
Hi Extramileage: When checking for EK Business Class Award Availability, what fare bucket are Award Seats ?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by gpicur
When checking for EK Business Class Award Availability, what fare bucket are Award Seats ?
Saver Awards in "D" and Flex Awards in "O".
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
When searching expert flyer for availability what exactly are Business - Flex Award seats?

Business - Saver Award & Upgrade seems pretty self explanatory - seats that are required in order to upgrade with miles but struggling to understand exactly what a flex award seat is..
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Will08
When searching expert flyer for availability what exactly are Business - Flex Award seats?

Business - Saver Award & Upgrade seems pretty self explanatory - seats that are required in order to upgrade with miles but struggling to understand exactly what a flex award seat is..
A more readily available award seat which requires more miles to redeem
Old Sep 27, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
A more readily available award seat which requires more miles to redeem
Still lost on this one skywardhunter, Expert Flyer is showing 7 Flex Award seats available for a specific flight however I phoned to check if these flights could be upgraded and they said there were no upgrades available?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.