Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2016, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by McG
Also is there a way of exporting the flight details from the Emirates app to phone calendar?
When you check your booking on the Emirates website there's a way to have your itinerary resent. Send it to your Gmail account and the flights will be added to your Google Calendar. They should show up automatically on any Android phone set to sync with it, or you can export everything manually from calendar.google.com.

Last edited by ProleOnParole; Dec 30, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: Skyward, Miles & Smiles, AirNZ, Korean
Upgrades on AKL-DXB

Anyone had an upgrade (email offer or OP Upgrade) on this route Y Saver to J? Not holding breath but curious to know if it's possible. I am a solo pax Skywards blue with 0 points (expired as haven't flown EK for a while) so the answer is almost certainly no...lol.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Not remotely flown this route but it is probably the most amazing route to upgrade with miles
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Not remotely flown this route but it is probably the most amazing route to upgrade with miles
Flown it before but not the direct service which was introduced this year. 17.5 hours in J would be great. Did consider it, as flying into IST and then Erbil all in one go (5 hour layover in DXB, 9 in IST) but then thought of how many more ski holidays that $ could buy. Never been upgraded and I long haul from NZ at least once a year...carrier depends on destination. Been going eastwards on AirNZ most recently. Never thought an upgrade was possible but reading this forum it has made me wonder.....
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:15 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Judith Hamblyn
Anyone had an upgrade (email offer or OP Upgrade) on this route Y Saver to J? Not holding breath but curious to know if it's possible. I am a solo pax Skywards blue with 0 points (expired as haven't flown EK for a while) so the answer is almost certainly no...lol.
Hi Judith Hamblyn and welcome to the EK forum. You're certainly in the right place to get your Emirates questions answered. As a relative EK newbie myself (1.5 years) I've found this forum invaluable and has made travelling with Emirates so much easier so please stick around and I'm sure you will get some of the best advice available. Have a read of the forum dashboard which has links to a lot of the more common queries.

On the subject of upgrade e-mails, I've never had one myself and have always paid the fare difference from Y Saver to J Saver with some pretty good fare differences. EK recently changed their OpUp procedure leaving those in the Saver category at the bottom of the list so to say, regardless of status, so I personally wouldn't hold out too much hope of an OpUp. You may get lucky with an e-mail offer or, I believe, you can ask about a cash upgrade at check in.

Best of luck and once again, welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Hi Judith Hamblyn and welcome to the EK forum. You're certainly in the right place to get your Emirates questions answered. As a relative EK newbie myself (1.5 years) I've found this forum invaluable and has made travelling with Emirates so much easier so please stick around and I'm sure you will get some of the best advice available. Have a read of the forum dashboard which has links to a lot of the more common queries.

On the subject of upgrade e-mails, I've never had one myself and have always paid the fare difference from Y Saver to J Saver with some pretty good fare differences. EK recently changed their OpUp procedure leaving those in the Saver category at the bottom of the list so to say, regardless of status, so I personally wouldn't hold out too much hope of an OpUp. You may get lucky with an e-mail offer or, I believe, you can ask about a cash upgrade at check in.

Best of luck and once again, welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Thank you Asolutely not holding breath for anything additional to what I paid for. Dreaming is free though. Although the NZ agents for Etihad have me a comp lounge pass for AKL after they messed up my booking (call centre gave me incorrect info about sports equipment) which meant I had to change to EK with its 30kg Y allowance.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Thank you Asolutely not holding breath for anything additional to what I paid for. Dreaming is free though. Although the NZ agents for Etihad have me a comp lounge pass for AKL after they messed up my booking (call centre gave me incorrect info about sports equipment) which meant I had to change to EK with its 30kg Y allowance.
If you have any spg points you can try to send them over to your skywards account. Just so that you have points in your account in case any miles upgrade seats become available at online checkin ( takes a few days for the transfer to go to the skywards account from the SPG account)
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:20 pm

Priority Pass lounge experiences?

Anyone used Priority Pass lounges in DXB and IST? Thinking of joining as flying Y with longish (5/9 hours) layovers in DXB and IST (eligible for Dubai Connect on return journey). All I'll want afer the 17.5 hr flight from AKL is a shower and a quietish spot to sit and maybe something to eat. Cheaper than paying/hoping for an upgrade.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: WY SL, EK Gold, CX MPO
Anyone used Priority Pass lounges in DXB and IST? Thinking of joining as flying Y with longish (5/9 hours) layovers in DXB and IST (eligible for Dubai Connect on return journey). All I'll want afer the 17.5 hr flight from AKL is a shower and a quietish spot to sit and maybe something to eat. Cheaper than paying/hoping for an upgrade.
Try and see if you can get a priority pass membership through a credit card as many offer this. Also keep in mind that you can only use the Marhaba lounges in DXB for up to 4 hours, so it would not cover the entire length of your layover. And often the Marhaba lounges are packed to the brim so not exactly as relaxing as you might imagine...
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
no need for a membership to pay in for one-time use. Membership is like 200usd and you still pay per visit so no point unless you use it often.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:13 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Hi All

I've asked for this thread to be closed now as we are well in to the new year.

Please ask all your Newbie, Flame Free questions in the 2017 thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ee-2017-a.html.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by HKprince
Try and see if you can get a priority pass membership through a credit card as many offer this. Also keep in mind that you can only use the Marhaba lounges in DXB for up to 4 hours, so it would not cover the entire length of your layover. And often the Marhaba lounges are packed to the brim so not exactly as relaxing as you might imagine...
Unfortunately most NZ issued credit cards are aligned with AirNZ or Qantas. I think I will pay as I go on the lounges...all I am after is access to a shower. Understand DXB has public pay-per-use showers...although the one in T3 was 'closed for maintenance' last time I was there. And after 17.5 hours it will be better for me to be walking around rather than sitting in a cramped lounge eating stale pastries. Will def fork out for a lounge at IST - had long layovers there before and it is insane.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 12:47 am
Moderator, Emirates

Unfortunately most NZ issued credit cards are aligned with AirNZ or Qantas. I think I will pay as I go on the lounges...all I am after is access to a shower. Understand DXB has public pay-per-use showers...although the one in T3 was 'closed for maintenance' last time I was there. And after 17.5 hours it will be better for me to be walking around rather than sitting in a cramped lounge eating stale pastries. Will def fork out for a lounge at IST - had long layovers there before and it is insane.
Remember that we have the lounge meetup thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...ad-2017-a.html. You can put a request there in the hope that someone can assist but you have to be travelling on the same flight.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.