Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

Old Jan 3, 16, 5:15 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DXB
Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Tit, Le Club Accor Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Posts: 312
[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

I can't find anywhere on the Emirates website the two following information. Do you know where I can find them?

1/ A list of the miles accelerator destinations and accruals of the month (would be usefull if they want to promote specific destinations...)

2/ Award redemption chart (Emirates has confirmed they would put it online soon after they have removed it, but it still does not seem to be there. Only the miles calculator where you have to input destinatino by destination....)
Gringuito is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 5:39 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,156
Originally Posted by Gringuito View Post
I can't find anywhere on the Emirates website the two following information. Do you know where I can find them?

1/ A list of the miles accelerator destinations and accruals of the month (would be usefull if they want to promote specific destinations...)

2/ Award redemption chart (Emirates has confirmed they would put it online soon after they have removed it, but it still does not seem to be there. Only the miles calculator where you have to input destinatino by destination....)
I don't think I've seen a Miles Accelerator offer for a long time - are they still even offered?

As to the award chart: there isn't one, because this is EK
eternaltransit is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 7:52 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,927
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
I don't think I've seen a Miles Accelerator offer for a long time - are they still even offered?
I booked flights last month, for late this year, that have Miles Accelerator bonus miles, but we might have been enhanced again since 1st January.

Last edited by ft101; Jan 3, 16 at 8:50 am
ft101 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 2:39 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 47
What's the op-up priority for non-Skywards members? I'll likely be flying on an QF J codeshare with EK (FRA-DXB-SYD) and I have AA EXP status. How far down the totem-pole would I be in comparison to Skywards plat/gold/no status members?
nappington is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 2:43 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,156
Originally Posted by nappington View Post
What's the op-up priority for non-Skywards members? I'll likely be flying on an QF J codeshare with EK (FRA-DXB-SYD) and I have AA EXP status. How far down the totem-pole would I be in comparison to Skywards plat/gold/no status members?
If you don't have EK or QF status, you are lumped in with no status members on EK's systems.

At that sort of stage it will be entirely up to the whim of the load controller for that flight. Solo travellers whom check in have signalled are suitable are likely to be picked first.
eternaltransit is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 9:21 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 26
First time traveler on Emirates, this spring (Apr 2016). Looking to go IAH>DXB>JNB, then fly back same route (in reverse) ten days later. I would like to stay a day or two in Dubai on the way there, before going on to Johannesburg, but fly back with minimal layover. Will fly Business.

Question: How do I book this? Two separate flights, IAH>DXB>IAH, sandwiched around DXB>JNB>DXB? Or one multi-segmented flight?

And how do I book, do I need to call?

Thanks.
astrohip is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 11:45 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 3
Timetable changes

Hi,

Does anyone know when the next timetable change will be implemented? I have usually travelled on the same flight and the same time of the day on the same day of the week, but recently the usual flight has been dropped and I'm now flying later in the day, missing a connection and having a 12 hour layover. I'd like to know if the change is just a seasonal adjustment and if the old schedule will be returned.
Lombo is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 12:03 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DXB
Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Tit, Le Club Accor Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Posts: 312
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
First time traveler on Emirates, this spring (Apr 2016). Looking to go IAH>DXB>JNB, then fly back same route (in reverse) ten days later. I would like to stay a day or two in Dubai on the way there, before going on to Johannesburg, but fly back with minimal layover. Will fly Business.

Question: How do I book this? Two separate flights, IAH>DXB>IAH, sandwiched around DXB>JNB>DXB? Or one multi-segmented flight?

And how do I book, do I need to call?

Thanks.
You should go on Emirates website, "book a flight", "advanced search" and do a multiple segment search.
This will be significantly cheaper than booking two separate tickets.
Gringuito is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 9:02 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 946
Originally Posted by Lombo View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know when the next timetable change will be implemented? I have usually travelled on the same flight and the same time of the day on the same day of the week, but recently the usual flight has been dropped and I'm now flying later in the day, missing a connection and having a 12 hour layover. I'd like to know if the change is just a seasonal adjustment and if the old schedule will be returned.
for which routing? some changes are permanent, others are because of summer/winter time
kuroko is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 8:48 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Gringuito View Post
You should go on Emirates website, "book a flight", "advanced search" and do a multiple segment search.
This will be significantly cheaper than booking two separate tickets.
Many thanks! It was right there, and I never saw it.

^
astrohip is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 5:16 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: EK Blue
Posts: 8
Hi Friends,
I have a question about op-upgrades..
I have an EK flight this month XYZ to DXB (4hrs), then DXB to DFW (16hrs).
I would like to check if there is any op-upgrade available for second leg as its longer.
Where do I need to check.. shd it be during the check-in at XYZ or need to inquire in DXB.
Thank you.
jetwings is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 6:27 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,156
Originally Posted by jetwings View Post
Hi Friends,
I have a question about op-upgrades..
I have an EK flight this month XYZ to DXB (4hrs), then DXB to DFW (16hrs).
I would like to check if there is any op-upgrade available for second leg as its longer.
Where do I need to check.. shd it be during the check-in at XYZ or need to inquire in DXB.
Thank you.
How do you want to upgrade - cash or miles?

Complimentary upgrades only happen as routine if the flight is overbooked.
eternaltransit is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 10:21 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: EK Blue
Posts: 8
eternaltransit: its a busy route and already 90% booked..
Just wanted to try my luck with free upgrade.
So, where do think i need to check.. DXB or XYZ
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
How do you want to upgrade - cash or miles?

Complimentary upgrades only happen as routine if the flight is overbooked.
jetwings is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 12:30 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Posts: 506
Originally Posted by jetwings View Post
eternaltransit: its a busy route and already 90% booked..
Just wanted to try my luck with free upgrade.
So, where do think i need to check.. DXB or XYZ
Free upgrade is by status for overbooked flights. If you are Gold and above, chances are good for free op-up. Otherwise you are looking at either cash or miles upgrade at DXB unless your ticket is flex which allows online upgrade.
lighthand is offline  
Old Jan 6, 16, 9:02 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Posts: 5,681
jetwings, in all honesty, I think it would be very unfair of anyone here to raise any serious expectations that you might secure a comp upgrade without relatively high Skywards status ....ie Gold or above, as mentioned by lighthand.

The fact is, op-ups these days are not given on some sort of request basis, but are invariably pre-determined by flight control within defined criteria.

If you're really keen to get a bigger seat, then the reality is you will need to stump up cash or miles.

(no doubt someone will now pop up to say that they were upgraded on their very first flight with EK, in the same way that people win the lottery .....)
subject2load is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: