FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1755299-newbie-lounge-ask-your-questions-here-flame-free-2016-a.html)

Gringuito Jan 3, 2016 5:15 am

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free) 2016

I can't find anywhere on the Emirates website the two following information. Do you know where I can find them?

1/ A list of the miles accelerator destinations and accruals of the month (would be usefull if they want to promote specific destinations...)

2/ Award redemption chart (Emirates has confirmed they would put it online soon after they have removed it, but it still does not seem to be there. Only the miles calculator where you have to input destinatino by destination....)

eternaltransit Jan 3, 2016 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Gringuito (Post 25953060)
I can't find anywhere on the Emirates website the two following information. Do you know where I can find them?

1/ A list of the miles accelerator destinations and accruals of the month (would be usefull if they want to promote specific destinations...)

2/ Award redemption chart (Emirates has confirmed they would put it online soon after they have removed it, but it still does not seem to be there. Only the miles calculator where you have to input destinatino by destination....)

I don't think I've seen a Miles Accelerator offer for a long time - are they still even offered?

As to the award chart: there isn't one, because this is EK :D

ft101 Jan 3, 2016 7:52 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 25953121)
I don't think I've seen a Miles Accelerator offer for a long time - are they still even offered?

I booked flights last month, for late this year, that have Miles Accelerator bonus miles, but we might have been enhanced again since 1st January.

nappington Jan 3, 2016 2:39 pm

What's the op-up priority for non-Skywards members? I'll likely be flying on an QF J codeshare with EK (FRA-DXB-SYD) and I have AA EXP status. How far down the totem-pole would I be in comparison to Skywards plat/gold/no status members?

eternaltransit Jan 3, 2016 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by nappington (Post 25955322)
What's the op-up priority for non-Skywards members? I'll likely be flying on an QF J codeshare with EK (FRA-DXB-SYD) and I have AA EXP status. How far down the totem-pole would I be in comparison to Skywards plat/gold/no status members?

If you don't have EK or QF status, you are lumped in with no status members on EK's systems.

At that sort of stage it will be entirely up to the whim of the load controller for that flight. Solo travellers whom check in have signalled are suitable are likely to be picked first.

astrohip Jan 3, 2016 9:21 pm

First time traveler on Emirates, this spring (Apr 2016). Looking to go IAH>DXB>JNB, then fly back same route (in reverse) ten days later. I would like to stay a day or two in Dubai on the way there, before going on to Johannesburg, but fly back with minimal layover. Will fly Business.

Question: How do I book this? Two separate flights, IAH>DXB>IAH, sandwiched around DXB>JNB>DXB? Or one multi-segmented flight?

And how do I book, do I need to call?

Thanks.

Lombo Jan 3, 2016 11:45 pm

Timetable changes

Hi,

Does anyone know when the next timetable change will be implemented? I have usually travelled on the same flight and the same time of the day on the same day of the week, but recently the usual flight has been dropped and I'm now flying later in the day, missing a connection and having a 12 hour layover. I'd like to know if the change is just a seasonal adjustment and if the old schedule will be returned.:(

Gringuito Jan 4, 2016 12:03 am

Originally Posted by astrohip (Post 25956909)
First time traveler on Emirates, this spring (Apr 2016). Looking to go IAH>DXB>JNB, then fly back same route (in reverse) ten days later. I would like to stay a day or two in Dubai on the way there, before going on to Johannesburg, but fly back with minimal layover. Will fly Business.

Question: How do I book this? Two separate flights, IAH>DXB>IAH, sandwiched around DXB>JNB>DXB? Or one multi-segmented flight?

And how do I book, do I need to call?

Thanks.

You should go on Emirates website, "book a flight", "advanced search" and do a multiple segment search.
This will be significantly cheaper than booking two separate tickets.

kuroko Jan 4, 2016 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Lombo (Post 25957260)
Hi,

Does anyone know when the next timetable change will be implemented? I have usually travelled on the same flight and the same time of the day on the same day of the week, but recently the usual flight has been dropped and I'm now flying later in the day, missing a connection and having a 12 hour layover. I'd like to know if the change is just a seasonal adjustment and if the old schedule will be returned.:(

for which routing? some changes are permanent, others are because of summer/winter time

astrohip Jan 4, 2016 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by Gringuito (Post 25957294)
You should go on Emirates website, "book a flight", "advanced search" and do a multiple segment search.
This will be significantly cheaper than booking two separate tickets.

Many thanks! It was right there, and I never saw it.

^:)

jetwings Jan 6, 2016 5:16 am

Hi Friends,
I have a question about op-upgrades..
I have an EK flight this month XYZ to DXB (4hrs), then DXB to DFW (16hrs).
I would like to check if there is any op-upgrade available for second leg as its longer.
Where do I need to check.. shd it be during the check-in at XYZ or need to inquire in DXB.
Thank you.

eternaltransit Jan 6, 2016 6:27 am

Originally Posted by jetwings (Post 25970587)
Hi Friends,
I have a question about op-upgrades..
I have an EK flight this month XYZ to DXB (4hrs), then DXB to DFW (16hrs).
I would like to check if there is any op-upgrade available for second leg as its longer.
Where do I need to check.. shd it be during the check-in at XYZ or need to inquire in DXB.
Thank you.

How do you want to upgrade - cash or miles?

Complimentary upgrades only happen as routine if the flight is overbooked.

jetwings Jan 6, 2016 10:21 am

eternaltransit: its a busy route and already 90% booked..
Just wanted to try my luck with free upgrade.
So, where do think i need to check.. DXB or XYZ

Originally Posted by eternaltransit (Post 25970850)
How do you want to upgrade - cash or miles?

Complimentary upgrades only happen as routine if the flight is overbooked.

lighthand Jan 6, 2016 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by jetwings (Post 25972171)
eternaltransit: its a busy route and already 90% booked..
Just wanted to try my luck with free upgrade.
So, where do think i need to check.. DXB or XYZ

Free upgrade is by status for overbooked flights. If you are Gold and above, chances are good for free op-up. Otherwise you are looking at either cash or miles upgrade at DXB unless your ticket is flex which allows online upgrade.

subject2load Jan 6, 2016 9:02 pm

jetwings, in all honesty, I think it would be very unfair of anyone here to raise any serious expectations that you might secure a comp upgrade without relatively high Skywards status ....ie Gold or above, as mentioned by lighthand.

The fact is, op-ups these days are not given on some sort of request basis, but are invariably pre-determined by flight control within defined criteria.

If you're really keen to get a bigger seat, then the reality is you will need to stump up cash or miles.

(no doubt someone will now pop up to say that they were upgraded on their very first flight with EK, in the same way that people win the lottery .....:cool:)