Online check-in

Old Feb 15, 16, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Online check-in

online check-in is now 48h before departure possible (and also upgrades on Y saver)
Old Feb 15, 16, 4:02 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Just opened the app and had to update before it would let me view anything. Noticed it said that you can now do OLCI 48hrs prior.

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 15, 16, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Skywards silver Virgin Enrich Flying Blue Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Having problems logging in to EK site - both me and partner. Is it down does anyone know? Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 16, 7:03 am

Programs: Thai Silver,Skywards Silver,Gulf Silver, Interconti Prority Platinum, FR Priority Q!
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/
Working fine
SS
Old Feb 15, 16, 9:33 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
You can also add a number for you to receive a text notification for when upgrade seats become available..,

That's quite cool - who needs expert flyer?!
Old Feb 16, 16, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Skywards silver Virgin Enrich Flying Blue Hilton Honours Hyatt Priority Club Kestrel A
Working OK for me now but yesterday it was on and off for me.
Old Feb 17, 16, 5:35 am

And again cant log in! The captcha thing wont work again!
Old Feb 17, 16, 6:54 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Blue
Wonder if EK are using the same IT outfit as CX

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...te-issues.html

Safe & Happy Travels

S
Old Feb 18, 16, 3:06 am

Programs: Emirates, Qatar Airways
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
You can also add a number for you to receive a text notification for when upgrade seats become available..,

That's quite cool - who needs expert flyer?!
Granted my eyesight isn't great but I cannot see this option anywhere? Can someone talk me through where this is? I am interested in upgrading some upcoming flights
Old Feb 18, 16, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Deleerious View Post
Granted my eyesight isn't great but I cannot see this option anywhere? Can someone talk me through where this is? I am interested in upgrading some upcoming flights
MMB and then on the right side "upgrade with miles" ('what would you like to do?' part where you also can change your flights etc)
Old Feb 18, 16, 4:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Saltire74 View Post
Wonder if EK are using the same IT outfit as CX

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...te-issues.html

Safe & Happy Travels

S
AFAIK it's in-house.

Also to be honest compared to other airlines I find EK to have the most comprehensive and relatively good IT Solution. Granted, there are issues and flight search on their website is horribly slow, but have you ever looked at the Etihad App or website? Or SAA? Qatar is a JavaScript nightmare, geting things to work on there is like playing the lottery, and a lot of the Asian carriers have very outdated websites, if you look at TG or CX, their methods of data input and display are not very current.

EK on the whole is pretty up to date with the current trends when it comes to online stuff, the side-effect being that occasionally a few things don't work. This whole "EK IT is the worst" I think is a massive exaggeration (even though I've been part to it, I now have changed my mind).
Old Feb 19, 16, 2:43 am

That's saying that because some others are really bad, Emirates just being bad is OK.

Sorry, if EK are going to offer this service they should do it professionaly. At the moment there are too many issues to say that and they let themselves down.
Old Feb 19, 16, 2:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Sorry, if EK are going to offer this service they should do it professionaly.
"This service"? Not sure what you refer to, but I was speaking of the EK IT System as a whole. Considering the legacy mainframe stuff they're dealing with in terms of ticket issuance etc, they're pretty decent. And yes, if others are worse it makes it ok, or better at least.
Old Feb 19, 16, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter View Post
"This service"? Not sure what you refer to, but I was speaking of the EK IT System as a whole. Considering the legacy mainframe stuff they're dealing with in terms of ticket issuance etc, they're pretty decent. And yes, if others are worse it makes it ok, or better at least.
Their IT service and the website in particular.

There are too many issues to be able to call it decent. I disagree with using "it's better than xxx's system" as an excuse for not addressing problems. That's a sure fire starter of a race to the bottom.
Old Feb 19, 16, 3:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ft101 View Post
Their IT service and the website in particular.

There are too many issues to be able to call it decent. I disagree with using "it's better than xxx's system" as an excuse for not addressing problems. That's a sure fire starter of a race to the bottom.
Who's making excuses? I work in the software industry, there are many issues and they appear to roll out changes without a proper vetting and QA process at times, but overall their systems have user-centric design and complete all major functions without issues. In fact I don't really ever face any IT issues with EK that hinder my interaction with them, it's mostly cosmetic stuff.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: