Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Baggage lock missing, stuff stolen

Old Feb 1, 16, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

I've recently travelled from CDG to BKK. On arrival at BKK, I noticed that the lock on my bag was missing. Several items inside my luggage were also missing.

Unfortunately my insurance company will not cover that. I have already filed a report with EK. Does anyone else have similar experience when filing a claim with EK? Do they compensate?
Old Feb 6, 16, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Spire/Amb, Accor G

Interesting. Same happened to my wife's suitcase a few days ago on our DUS to HKT flight. Both pull tabs with TSA lock removed from zipper. She didn't have any valuables in her suitcase and nothing is missing but it's highly unlikely that both pull tabs would come loose at the same time, so it looks like someone has at least checked.
Old Feb 6, 16, 5:19 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
IMHO the low life who steal stuff from bags usually go for the expensive looking suitcases which are locked .

I use the most scruffiest suitcase I have and never lock it.
Old Feb 6, 16, 7:11 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), SIA, Turkish Elite, Korean, Qantas
Originally Posted by ukdoctor View Post
IMHO the low life who steal stuff from bags usually go for the expensive looking suitcases which are locked .

I use the most scruffiest suitcase I have and never lock it.
+1 containing as much unwashed clothing as possible!
Old Feb 6, 16, 8:57 am

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
+1 containing as much unwashed clothing as possible!
They could take our entire suitcase with all the contents, and it would still not exceed our $500 deductible insurance.

Just not worth traveling with anything valuable. (our meds and laptop or ipad are in our carry on)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: