Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel plans 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Standard mix Y & J GIG x DXB x SIN, plus a few Y & J GIG x IAH.

Normal SDU x CGH flights ever few weeks.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Perth in February.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: Asiana Club, Mileage Plan, Skywards, Flying Blue, HHonors
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
PTY in Y! Good luck, sir!
Is over 200,000 Skywards miles to upgrade from Y Flex to J for both legs DXB-PTY-DXB!

Shows how useless Skywards miles are as it takes a long time to get 200,000+.

In 2015, I did not receive any Miles Accelerator bonuses... are these becoming harder to come by? I never get offered them...

I will just stay awake for 18-24 hours before each flight and then hopefully sleep 75% of each leg.

I will try and upgrade my return leg not sure I will get my balance to 200,000+ for the outward as well...
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
...there is a guy on the Red Issue forum who was at The Address. Booked a table on the 3rd floor terrace .... He said the whole place was in flames in about 20 seconds!...

Whole place engulfed in 20 seconds and everyone getting out do not seem to go together.

Not trying to doubt what your friend said, but sometimes things get slightly out of whack.

Glad folks are okay, and yes, that was some scary stuff.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
2/3 trips to DEL from the UK in March/ April/ May.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Whole place engulfed in 20 seconds and everyone getting out do not seem to go together.

Not trying to doubt what your friend said, but sometimes things get slightly out of whack.

Glad folks are okay, and yes, that was some scary stuff.
What was engulfed initially was the aluminium cladding on the outside - hence rapid flames going up the building so quickly, but the structure is still sound: however, internally, there was still time to evacuate properly.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:16 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
We will be shifting a fair bit of flying to EK this year - mainly in F but some J in the mix:

HKG;
AMS;
CPT;
JNB
GIG;
EZE;

Other destinations TBC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.