FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Emirates | Skywards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/)
-   -   Travel plans 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards/1735604-travel-plans-2016-a.html)

m3red Dec 31, 2015 8:27 pm

Travel plans 2016

Happy new year from DXB

I know you are all worried :D but we are fine ^ - we live on the boulevard but are pretty much at the other side of where the address downtown is although last night we were much closer at the residences.

Anyway where do you plan to go on Emirates this year?

So far I have MAN HND AMM LGW/LHR and possible SIN DPS for now :)

So many places so little time :)

Antdenatale Dec 31, 2015 10:51 pm

I will have half a dozen UK trips, my monthly BKK and a couple of MNL, HKG and DME's thrown in for fun.

Going to start taking a look at what Qatar and Etihad have to offer this year as getting slightly annoyed and the lack of consistency that is appearing in service in F and J

Glad to here you are safe, I was down in Zero Gravity in JBR and looked at my phone and saw dozens of missed calls from worried friends and relatives. Glad I stayed away from Dubai Mall now though.

Perhaps we should have a flyer talk meet up at your place next year ;)

pokeable Jan 1, 2016 12:52 am

MRU :)

Hope everyone is safe who was @ Address.

Ahmed777 Jan 1, 2016 1:09 am

Grand total of 0 flights in 2016 for me...

A sad year indeed.

DYKWIA Jan 1, 2016 4:35 am

Originally Posted by m3red (Post 25944000)
Happy new year from DXB

I know you are all worried :D but we are fine ^ - we live on the boulevard but are pretty much at the other side of where the address downtown is although last night we were much closer at the residences.

Wandering off topic... there is a guy on the Red Issue forum who was at The Address. Booked a table on the 3rd floor terrace to watch the fireworks. He said the whole place was in flames in about 20 seconds!

Just like the fire earlier in the year, no reported deaths. Hmmm... I wonder would they admit it if hotel workers had been killed?

Slightly worrying how quickly both fires took hold.

Anyway, good to hear you're OK, Happy New Year!

Unfortunately, my assignment in Dubai doesn't look like it's happening. Pesky Russians charging half my rate got in :D

DYKWIA Jan 1, 2016 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Antdenatale (Post 25944287)
Perhaps we should have a flyer talk meet up at your place next year ;)

There have been FT do's in Dubai for the last few years. Last year was just me and the missus though :) Previously they were very well attended.

groundops Jan 1, 2016 5:11 am

PTY (in Y!), GRU, SIN, HND, LGW

eternaltransit Jan 1, 2016 8:03 am

Originally Posted by groundops (Post 25944787)
PTY (in Y!), GRU, SIN, HND, LGW

PTY in Y! Good luck, sir!

Uzair Jan 1, 2016 10:42 am

Week holiday in DXB in July for graduation from university!

daisymay2 Jan 1, 2016 4:26 pm

Mauritius so far - as usual!
Happy New Year to you All!:)

shakil Jan 1, 2016 6:27 pm

Travel plans 2016

MAN-DXB-BKK-HKG-DXB-MAN over Easter with a 3 year old and an 11 month old. One of those trigger happy bookings you make and then reflect on with trepidation!

Bau Jan 1, 2016 11:48 pm

I am sure our friend doing PTY in Y will have enough room to sleep horizontally on multiple rows at the same time ;)

captdini737 Jan 2, 2016 12:52 am

MAA-JFK-MAA, a possible CMB-SIN and hopefully some other flight :)

nmc980 Jan 2, 2016 12:54 am

Happy New Year to all.

I was watching everything unfold on NYE from our terrace in Business Bay. Scary stuff indeed!

A (somewhat) exciting year booked so far as i'm getting married in September and have managed to book F on the 380 for our first flight to kick off the honeymoon. Needless to say getting married in the UK - hence the number of LGW flights:
LGW, CPT, LGW, LGW, NRB, LGW

murtaza12 Jan 2, 2016 6:08 am

My plans for this year are.......

dxb
:D:D:D