Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Jan 3. EK235 Dubai to ORD very odd flight path

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception

Can anyone shed some light on this very strange flight path which is currently in flight?

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...ightNumber=235

Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:04 am

Flightstats has very little coverage over that area (Central Asia) - the grey is the projected shortest path - the likely actual path was up straight through Iran into Central Asia/Russia - where it was picked up by Flightstats contributors for an actual path.

I think I know someone on that flight, so I'll ask them if I remember when they arrive
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:08 am

I think it's avoiding the bad winter weather in Western, and Central Europe. I'm not an expert, but I think the airspace is a mess at the moment.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by NOIR
I think it's avoiding the bad winter weather in Western, and Central Europe. I'm not an expert, but I think the airspace is a mess at the moment.
I thought the airspace was a mess because of rain over DXB
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I thought the airspace was a mess because of rain over DXB
That to, but I'm in Europe now, and I can tell you for a fact I did some serious snow cleaning with an old fashion snow shovel at the cottage today.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Flightstats has very little coverage over that area (Central Asia) - the grey is the projected shortest path - the likely actual path was up straight through Iran into Central Asia/Russia - where it was picked up by Flightstats contributors for an actual path.

I think I know someone on that flight, so I'll ask them if I remember when they arrive
Thank you - as do I - I will ask when she lands.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:21 am

Flight avoided bad weather in Europe - routed straight up through Iran, Central Asia, Russia. Nothing untoward during the flight!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Just out of curiosity, I would be interested by seeing the flight path of all the aircrafts in the area ...
Europe being one of the busiest zone, it should have been quite a mess ...
Old Jan 4, 2016, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by ioto1902
Just out of curiosity, I would be interested by seeing the flight path of all the aircrafts in the area ...
Europe being one of the busiest zone, it should have been quite a mess ...
http://flightradar24.com

Turn the history back a day and enjoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.