Wiki Posts
Search

EK Lounge FAQs and updates

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:52 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by safari_7
Are you a Gold or Platinum member? If so, I think you can providing guest on same flight......
Yes, as far as I know, just F won't give you guesting privileges, you need to have status (Gold or Plat) to do that.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Actually... There is (or at least there used to be) an un-written rule that you can bring in a guest if you're flying F. But only at Dubai. Even if you had no status.

Maybe somebody could confirm?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
dont you wish Emirates will just make it clear on their own website?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Actually... There is (or at least there used to be) an un-written rule that you can bring in a guest if you're flying F. But only at Dubai. Even if you had no status.

Maybe somebody could confirm?
Confirmed F can guest 1 with no status.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by fotographer
dont you wish Emirates will just make it clear on their own website?
It used to be an unwritten rule, then it actually became a written one on their website - and suddenly disappeared again. Weird.

Also seems the price for paid lounge access has increased recently... Didn’t see that published anywhere either!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:39 pm
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by XXTSGR

Also seems the price for paid lounge access has increased recently... Didn’t see that published anywhere either!
Really? How much is it now?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by thijsseh
Really? How much is it now?
-USD125/150 - DXB BCL Skywards/non-Skywards

-USD250/300 - DXB FCL Skywards/non-Skywards

-USD125/150 - DXB Upgrade BCL to FCL Skywards/non-Skywards

All plus applicable tax!

https://www.emirates.com/english/exp...lounge-access/
Old Dec 26, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: Aegean
Opening times Emirates lounge Singapore for EK404

Flying EK404 to Melbourne in February. Departing time is 13.55h. Emirates.com is giving an opening time of the lounge of 12.35h (after a closure at 10.25h). Is that correct? It means less then 1,5h prior to departure.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:14 am

I'm flying out of DXB in Y next month and after booking my flights, was able to pre-purchase business class lounge access in Manage My Booking for only 45 euros. Thought the standard rate was 125USD? Did I get lucky and come across a glitch or have others had the same experience?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Pandor
I'm flying out of DXB in Y next month and after booking my flights, was able to pre-purchase business class lounge access in Manage My Booking for only 45 euros. Thought the standard rate was 125USD? Did I get lucky and come across a glitch or have others had the same experience?
Probably Marhaba Lounge rather than an EK Lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:45 am

OMG no way, I really hope not.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Pandor
OMG no way, I really hope not.
Unfortunately yes, i believe it will be the Marhaba lounge that you booked in MMB as the pricing seems about right.
Im surprised it wasnt clearer which lounge you were booking?
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by modularmayhem
Unfortunately yes, i believe it will be the Marhaba lounge that you booked in MMB as the pricing seems about right.
Im surprised it wasnt clearer which lounge you were booking?
There was absolutely no mention of the Marhaba Lounge in MMB, nor is there any mention of it in the confirmation email or receipt. In fact the Business Class Lounge in Dubai is specifically mentioned in the terms and conditions.

Just wondering, can any of the jargon in the receipt help to me to identify whether I'll access to the Business Class lounge? There's an EMD Number, Identification, connecting ticket/coupon number, reason for issuance and document type but I don't understand most of the letters/numbers in it.

Here are the T&C's in my receipt:

1. Lounge access
1.1 is subject to availability at the time of request;
1.2 may be restricted due to operational and safety reasons;
1.3 is non-endorsable and non-transferable between passengers;
1.4 is subject to the Emirates General Conditions of Carriage for passengers and baggage.
2. Emirates reserves the right to amend, limit or revoke this offer at any time prior to purchase and accepts no responsibility for any technical issues resulting in the failure to pay.
3. Charges:
3.1 are only valid for this transaction and subject to changes;
3.2 may vary across sales channels;
3.3 are, unless otherwise stated, per passenger, per segment;
3.4 include any applicable tax;
3.5 are non-refundable except for the cases described in section 6. Refunds.
4. Conditions:
4.1 Your purchase is valid for the lounge, flight(s) and date(s) shown on the purchase receipt.
4.2 You can enter the lounge 4 hours prior to the scheduled departure time for Dubai and 3 hours for all other airports.
4.3 At least one passenger in your booking needs to be 18 years or older to access the Business Class Lounge at Dubai.
5. Changes:
5.1 Your purchase is also valid if you voluntarily change the date of your flight(s) or choose different flight(s) on the same sector, and the product is still available.
6. Refunds:
6.1 Refund applications must be submitted after the flight has occurred within three months after the date of the last flight in your itinerary using our refund form.
6.2 You shall only be entitled to a refund of your purchase in the following limited cases:
6.2.1 The original Emirates flight was changed, cancelled or re-routed by Emirates and
6.2.1.1 the product you originally purchased is not available or
6.2.1.2 you refused the new flight proposed by Emirates.
6.2.2 Death or serious illness (must be proven by an acceptable certificate) of you or a member of your Immediate Family as defined within Emirates General Conditions
of Carriage.
6.2.3 You booked your flight via www.emirates.com/us/english including a flight sector to or from the USA at least 7 days before departure, and you cancel your flight
within 24 hours of booking.
6.3 You are not entitled to any refund of your purchase in any other event, including:
6.3.1 You voluntarily decide not to use the product you have purchased;
6.3.2 You voluntarily change your flight and the product you purchased is not available;
6.3.3 You voluntarily upgrade, or are upgraded by Emirates, to a higher cabin;
6.3.4 You voluntarily cancel your flight;
6.3.5 You do not meet any of the safety or legal requirements;
6.3.6 You are entitled to the purchased product or service as a result of your frequent flier tier, but you failed to add the correct membership number at the time of booking;
6.3.7 You are denied carriage in accordance with the Emirates General Conditions of Carriage for passengers and baggage.
6.4 In the event that you are entitled to a refund, we will refund the full amount including any refundable tax (unless otherwise stated).
Old Oct 26, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Flying IAD-DXB on 10 AM flight. EK list Air France Lounge. Normally they are not open until 2 PM. Anyone know if they will be open around 7:30 AM to accommodate EK passengers.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Flying IAD-DXB on 10 AM flight. EK list Air France Lounge. Normally they are not open until 2 PM. Anyone know if they will be open around 7:30 AM to accommodate EK passengers.
They open at 7:30am on Tue, Thu, Fri, Sun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.