Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your Skywards Questions Answered 2015/2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: EK Gold
Have a question, answers probably no but thought I would ask.

2 passengers on the same booking, not enough miles to upgrade from business to first on their next trip.

I've got about 95,000 miles which is enough for one person to upgrade, travel companion has about the same but when you go to upgrade via MMB it tries to upgrade both from one set of miles which obviously isn't enough.

So long story short, ask on board or at check in, can they take my miles just upgrade me then take companions miles and upgrade them? So 2 single upgrades?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by RichL
Have a question, answers probably no but thought I would ask.

2 passengers on the same booking, not enough miles to upgrade from business to first on their next trip.

I've got about 95,000 miles which is enough for one person to upgrade, travel companion has about the same but when you go to upgrade via MMB it tries to upgrade both from one set of miles which obviously isn't enough.

So long story short, ask on board or at check in, can they take my miles just upgrade me then take companions miles and upgrade them? So 2 single upgrades?
You can call them, they will do the first upgrade with your miles and the second with the miles from the travel companion (two seats in Z have to be available though)
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:19 am

Tried calling in the past each time been told they can't do it like that.

Confused.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:24 am

Confused.
You had a lazy agent: even if they don't know how to process an upgrade like that, they could have split the PNR to process them separately.

If it can't be forced through, it can be done in person at the airport (or tkt office) and on board if the account the miles are coming from has the requisite status.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:39 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Confused.
They did it for me with no issues.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:31 pm

Amazing that is that you would get someone on the phone saying no just to get you off the phone.

Currently in Oz do I ring locally or the main skywards number?

As for on board, both gold, is that enough?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 8:00 pm

Amazing that is that you would get someone on the phone saying no just to get you off the phone.

Currently in Oz do I ring locally or the main skywards number?

As for on board, both gold, is that enough?
You can ring either number, input your Skywards number if your phone number is saved in your profile, your PIN and you will be transferred to DXB.

Yes, if both gold that's fine for onboard upgrades - I'd probably process it in the lounge to make sure you get first dibs on space.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:25 am

Thanks all. It's showing pretty full in F right now 8 out of 14 occupied so I may be out of luck but thanks anyway.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
Excess Tier points rollover?

i have recently been upgraded to platinum, the flight sectors that I flew to upgrade my tier gave me 18750 tier points but I actually only needed just over 1000 TP to upgrade.
Platinum is showing in my account but it is telling me I need 150000 tier points by end of next Feb to renew - therefore the 17000 plus excess tier points have not rolled over.
Is this correct as this is a significant amount of Tier Points to lose or is this an IT glitch?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by GavB
i have recently been upgraded to platinum, the flight sectors that I flew to upgrade my tier gave me 18750 tier points but I actually only needed just over 1000 TP to upgrade.
Platinum is showing in my account but it is telling me I need 150000 tier points by end of next Feb to renew - therefore the 17000 plus excess tier points have not rolled over.
Is this correct as this is a significant amount of Tier Points to lose or is this an IT glitch?
Tier Points don't roll over - the system will fast forward to the month next year when you gained Platinum (which I assume is Feb), look back 12 months and see you haven't got any Tier Points earned or booked.

However, for the purposes of holding the status, you get an additional 2 months of status, so it will expire at the end of April. That means if you find it difficult to reach the threshold, you can back-load the earnings (i.e. the next two months are not that critical).
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (GGL/CCR) A3 Gold VS Gold Emirates Gold Alitalia MMGold HH Diamond SPG Gold
Thanks for the reply.
So does that mean I lose the 17000 extra tier points over the 15000O threshold
that I earned? Meaning I actually had to earn 167000 tier points to gain Plat?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by GavB
Thanks for the reply.
So does that mean I lose the 17000 extra tier points over the 15000O threshold
that I earned? Meaning I actually had to earn 167000 tier points to gain Plat?
Well, you only needed 150k tier points to get Plat - it just so happens you earned more in the year, but you get nothing to show for that!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 5:04 pm

OK thanks :-)
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:54 am

How to create password for skywards account

Hello,

I signed up for emirates skywards during flight many years ago through paper application. I only have skywards membership number but no password to login to the account online. Kindly help me create a password and add email address to login to the account.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

To be honest, if you've not used the account for so long, then there won't be any miles/points in there. So, you may as well just create a new account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.