Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Saltire74
Changes to the CD Terms and Conditions in early January 2019 confirm the following:

Effective 1 March 2019, new Chauffeur-drive service reservations are not available in conjunction with Skywards Business and First Class Classic Rewards and Economy to Business Class Upgrades.
https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/...nd-conditions/
Print Wikipost

EK Chauffeur Drive Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Just had the most beat up town car after flying F to SFO. Even the access door for the fuel had been beaten up. Really surprised at the poor condition of the car.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:39 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sonomawine
Just had the most beat up town car after flying F to SFO. Even the access door for the fuel had been beaten up. Really surprised at the poor condition of the car.
Time to write to EK customer affairs.....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
HKG I had an S-class Merc in F (Only offered to F these days)
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by jjw2
Do you know the name of the company - or will Emirates give me a phone no so I won't fear being stranded 45 miles away and miss the only flight of the day?

I received a confirmation on manage my bookings, but I always like to confirm myself. Thanks!
Call the 1-800-777-3999 number and confirm your booking.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur car

Originally Posted by m3red
HKG I had an S-class Merc in F (Only offered to F these days)
Thanks.
Thread updated.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 5:21 am

Smile Thanks

Originally Posted by murtaza12
Call the 1-800-777-3999 number and confirm your booking.
Thank you!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Time to write to EK customer affairs.....
I just did, I will keep the board posted. I am still amazed at how poor the service was, not to mention the condition of the vehicle.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Chauffeur cars

Originally Posted by sonomawine
I just did, I will keep the board posted. I am still amazed at how poor the service was, not to mention the condition of the vehicle.
Do try and find out what chauffeur company they were using so you can directly complain to them as well for using a poorly kept car in service.

Originally Posted by jjw2
Thank you!
No problem.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: BA, Malaysian
Sri lanka ?

I don't see Sri Lanka on the list. Do they not do transfers there?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Flying into DXB on partner award in F. I know that they have recently discontinued chauffeur service for partner award bookings but I was able to book it online and received confirmation email.

However today when I log into my booking, I don't see any chauffeur details? i'm thinking just wait until the day of to inquire about it and have a back up plan just in case they cancelled it, although a little weird that they would cancel the reservation without notifying me.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by xxpert
Flying into DXB on partner award in F. I know that they have recently discontinued chauffeur service for partner award bookings but I was able to book it online and received confirmation email.

However today when I log into my booking, I don't see any chauffeur details? i'm thinking just wait until the day of to inquire about it and have a back up plan just in case they cancelled it, although a little weird that they would cancel the reservation without notifying me.
Their IT system completely sucks - if you make a date change with a chauffeur drive booking, it automatically cancels the booking but you get no notification either, instead of it moving the reservation to that date. I would give Skywards a call and ask them to make it, telling them that you previously had it confirmed. You may get lucky! (Or call and try again if the chauffeur drive is essential to your journey).

Note that at DXB, you may also get lucky by just showing up at the chauffeur drive desk with your F BP as the cars are pretty much lining up waiting - they aren't preassigned to passengers.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by xxpert

I have a similar situation on an award booking. My reservation confirmation under Manage a Booking states that I am eligible for complimentary Chauffeur Drive. I get an error message when I go to click thru to confirm. So, is this an example of IT not being up to date and showing inaccurate info in a booking? Since its in writing that the booking is eligible does anyone think there is any hope of it being honored.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
I have a similar situation on an award booking. My reservation confirmation under Manage a Booking states that I am eligible for complimentary Chauffeur Drive. I get an error message when I go to click thru to confirm. So, is this an example of IT not being up to date and showing inaccurate info in a booking? Since its in writing that the booking is eligible does anyone think there is any hope of it being honored.
Is this an award using Skywards or partner airlines?

I would call the call center and confirm - they can arrange the bookings if it is eligible. If they say it isn't but it shows on your MMB it is, take a screenshot and escalate!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by eternaltransit
Is this an award using Skywards or partner airlines?

I would call the call center and confirm - they can arrange the bookings if it is eligible. If they say it isn't but it shows on your MMB it is, take a screenshot and escalate!
It's a partner award. I have taken a screen shot. I thought UAL had wacky IT and website issues. Glad that it's not just them.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
It's a partner award. I have taken a screen shot. I thought UAL had wacky IT and website issues. Glad that it's not just them.
Technically chauffeur drive isn't available for partner award bookings and there are stories of EK not honoring it even for bookings made before the change. Unfortunately I couldn't tell you when the change was made, but please do let us know how you get on with persuading the call center!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.