Chauffeur Drive FAQs

Old Jun 1, 14, 8:34 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dubai
Programs: EK Gold
Posts: 59
Chauffeur Drive FAQs

EK is taking bookings for ORD service but still not offering chauffeur drive. Since this is offered in all other US destinations, assume it will come to ORD soon. Any insights on this?
Flywiz is offline  
Old Aug 4, 14, 3:50 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 76
Chauffeur service - which car?

Hi

Just did a quick search on this forum, but could not find an answer - could someone please guide me as to which car does Emirates use for its chauffeur service for F pax in London?

Thanks in advance for any info!
ilianik is offline  
Old Aug 4, 14, 4:12 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oxon, UK
Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC Gold, IC Plat Amb, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,905
I've usually had a Mercedes S class.
pomkiwi is offline  
Old Aug 4, 14, 4:23 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 76
Great - thank you for a quick response!
ilianik is offline  
Old Aug 4, 14, 6:40 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: Skywards
Posts: 946
normally S-Class for LHR and E-Class for LGW
kuroko is offline  
Old Aug 4, 14, 10:11 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BOM
Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,794
Originally Posted by kuroko View Post
normally S-Class for LHR and E-Class for LGW
and C class for BOM....
jackiedada is offline  
Old Aug 4, 14, 12:24 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Durban, South Africa | LHR
Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
Posts: 863
Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
and C class for BOM....
The DUR cars range from Range Rovers to Volvos. The Volvo is much more common...
Ahmed777 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 14, 12:46 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,468
Originally Posted by jackiedada View Post
and C class for BOM....
and Del!

in BKK I had an E-class.

In MAN I get a huge variety of Mercs and even a Jag once. I do MAN so much that the same guy usually picks me up! ^
m3red is offline  
Old Aug 5, 14, 6:01 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 5,156
Originally Posted by m3red View Post
and Del!

in BKK I had an E-class.

In MAN I get a huge variety of Mercs and even a Jag once. I do MAN so much that the same guy usually picks me up! ^
in BKK was that the E-class for J or F? I recently had a BMW 7 series for an F pickup in BKK.
eternaltransit is offline  
Old Aug 5, 14, 11:09 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MAN DXB ✈️
Programs: Skywards Gold
Posts: 6,468
Originally Posted by eternaltransit View Post
in BKK was that the E-class for J or F? I recently had a BMW 7 series for an F pickup in BKK.
I was in j.
m3red is offline  
Old Aug 8, 14, 8:41 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Posts: 177
Car service to JFK question

Hi,

I will be traveling in F to Milan later this month and will be using the car service to the airport for the first time. Will I receive a phone call call confirming the ride ? Also , my flight is at 10:40 pm -what time would pick up be at my home in New Jersey ?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
NickyEWR is offline  
Old Aug 8, 14, 10:04 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: DXB
Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Posts: 1,114
Anyone know if chauffeur drive is available yet at ORD?
extramileage is offline  
Old Aug 8, 14, 10:29 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Accra
Programs: Skywards Gold, TK Elite +, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 204
Originally Posted by NickyEWR View Post
Hi,

I will be traveling in F to Milan later this month and will be using the car service to the airport for the first time. Will I receive a phone call call confirming the ride ? Also , my flight is at 10:40 pm -what time would pick up be at my home in New Jersey ?
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Based off of my experiences, you do get a phone call 24 hours prior to pickup. They pick you up in a standard East Coast "black cab" which could be anything from a Lincoln Town Car to a GMC Yukon.

I'd say a 6.30pm pick up time is enough time, since depending on the day you might hit traffic on the GW Bridge and again on the Van Wyck Highway.

Last edited by Zol; Aug 9, 14 at 4:59 am Reason: Include quote for relevance
EK788 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 14, 10:39 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BOM
Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Posts: 2,794
Originally Posted by EK788 View Post
I'd say a 6.30pm pick up time is enough time, since depending on the day you might hit traffic on the GW Bridge and again on the Van Wyck Highway.
You may not hit too much traffic on GWB as you are moving against the rush hour traffic but you'll get a bit on Van Wyck around 5 miles out from JFK.
jackiedada is offline  
Old Aug 9, 14, 1:22 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Far, Far North
Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Posts: 977
Originally Posted by extramileage View Post
Anyone know if chauffeur drive is available yet at ORD?

I'm looking for it as well. Seems there isn't a lounge or lounge contract in place either.

Last edited by Zol; Aug 9, 14 at 5:01 am Reason: Include quote for relevance
kileysmom is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: