Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur Drive FAQs

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
What a bummer. I had XXX-DXB-ZZZ booked with AS with a stopover in DXB. Made a change and I'm now flying YYY-DXB-ZZZ with a stopover in DXB. The DXB-ZZZ leg remains untouched. Unfortunately, EK canceled all 4 chauffeur rides as a result (without notifying me). Is contacting EK about this worth it or a waste of my time?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:45 am

Sadly, I would say waste of time.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Chauffeur Drive in Dubai on check-in upgrades

I know that upgrading at check-in 24 hours usually means you do not qualify for the car service. However, I was wondering if this was also true for passengers flying XXX-DXB as you can usually take a car from DXB without a reservation. Do the "check-in" upgrades have a specific condition that precludes the car? Also, technically, the car will be booked >24 hours before landing in Dubai.

Side note: I had a JFK-DXB-KHI ticket upgraded with miles (had been done months before). Later on, I moved up my DXB-KHI to a flight within 24 hours and the agent was still able to book me a car for DXB-KHI.

Thanks!

Last edited by sadiqhassan; Feb 22, 2015 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:58 pm

Unfortunately it is a moot point - chauffeur-drive bookings must be booked at least 48 hours in advance, not 24 hours, so if they want to follow the rules to the letter, no check-in upgrades are technically eligible.

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...onditions.aspx

However - it does really depend on how the ticket is upgraded, and I think specifically whether the upgrade is done by changing underlying fare class or simply seat assignment. Special offer upgrades, via email or at the airport through an offer generally don't come with underlying ticket reissue to another fare class (such as upgrading to D class). If you upgrade at the airport with cash, or do an upgrade to D class, your fare basis changes, and with it, you likely pass the check at the chauffeur drive desk!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I've never had a problem when using miles flying to Dxb. Out stations is a different story although once they got me the car at man at 9pm for the following lunch time.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: EY Plat, EK Plat, QR Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have upgraded on board and at checkin for flights to Dubai and have always been able to get the car when landed by going to the Chauffeur counter at DXB.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by dubaiblue
I have upgraded on board and at checkin for flights to Dubai and have always been able to get the car when landed by going to the Chauffeur counter at DXB.
You managed to get chauffeur drive at DXB on a Y-J onboard upgrade with no new boarding pass?
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:31 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
I've upgraded Y-J on check-in a couple of years ago and was denied the car on arrival at Dubai. Not because it was not booked ahead of time, but specifically because I had upgraded using miles at check in...

However, if I get an J to F op-up, I usually get the F car in DXB upon presentation of the F boarding pass....(not a big deal though)

(side note: when flying J/F, I rarely book ahead a car when flying to DXB and have never had an issue getting one right away)

So differing experiences... try it and let us know!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:33 am

The rules on this have changed since around June/July 2014.

Prior to that, I never had issues getting chauffeur drive on Y-J check-in upgrades. However, since that time these are specifically excluded from benefits and I have been advised of this at check-in counter when applying the upgrade.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
You managed to get chauffeur drive at DXB on a Y-J onboard upgrade with no new boarding pass?
I did a y to f late last year on board and got a j car at Dxb as she said only 25k had been deducted (she was wrong it was 2 x 25!)
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by m3red
I did a y to f late last year on board and got a j car at Dxb as she said only 25k had been deducted (she was wrong it was 2 x 25!)
I think this is definitely a case of "this is DXB" then - I got a "sorry, you upgraded on board so you can't use chauffeur drive" a couple of months ago! (on UK-DXB itinerary). Granted the agent didn't even tap at the computer, so maybe the trick is to get them to check the computer...
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by eternaltransit
I think this is definitely a case of "this is DXB" then - I got a "sorry, you upgraded on board so you can't use chauffeur drive" a couple of months ago! (on UK-DXB itinerary). Granted the agent didn't even tap at the computer, so maybe the trick is to get them to check the computer...
Maybe I'm obviously a regular they have my address in the system and I only live in downtown so it's not far.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Maybe I'm obviously a regular they have my address in the system and I only live in downtown so it's not far.
EK giveth, EK taketh away...!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:49 am

Guests in Chauffeur Drive

Hi All,

Quick question after a fruitless search on the threads - sorry for the potential repeat.

Travelling J on EK208 JFK-DXB, is a guest who is not travelling on my flight, nor on Emirates, allowed to join me in my chauffeur drive? My flight leaves at 1630 and hers a bit after (but to LHR), so was hoping to save her some cash and she'd join me.

I'm pretty sure that it would not be allowed, but perhaps someone has some more concrete answer, or even first hand experience.

Cheers, All.

Justin/BKK
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:50 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jbflyboy84
Hi All,

Quick question after a fruitless search on the threads - sorry for the potential repeat.

Travelling J on EK208 JFK-DXB, is a guest who is not travelling on my flight, nor on Emirates, allowed to join me in my chauffeur drive? My flight leaves at 1630 and hers a bit after (but to LHR), so was hoping to save her some cash and she'd join me.

I'm pretty sure that it would not be allowed, but perhaps someone has some more concrete answer, or even first hand experience.

Cheers, All.

Justin/BKK
You would not be allowed, they have to be an EK travelling passenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.