Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:14 pm

We are flying from LGW to DXB.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...tinations.html

LGW contact details above.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
I have always had a call to my mobile and have rung them back on the displayed number to confirm. Never had any problems.
Pretty sure they use Tristar for UK bookings.
http://uk.tristarworldwide.com/
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Never had a problem - they always call the day before and on the one occasion that they thought they might be delayed (a major delay on the motorway) they kept me updated every 5-10 mins.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
Yes, I am booked in F.

Interestingly enough I see a chauffeur booking available from HKG, but not to/from DXB (I didn't need DFW anyways)

EDIT: Never mind - it errors out when I try to book.
Before you give up - call them. I have had issues with MMB not showing CD options that I was entitled to but the call centre was able to make the bookings for me. I got the impression that they were used to this.
(On the other hand QF were not prepared to provide a car for an EK booking that I thought I was entitled to in Australia and although the call cdntre agreed nothing was able to be changed - in the end however this is $30-40 at the end of an expensive ticket so not worth getting too exercised about).
Good luck
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:41 pm

LGW is Carey - they will definitely call you and leave messages to confirm the number of passengers, baggage requirements (as to whether they will send you a Mercedes Viano or the usual E-class).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:30 am

Thanks to all
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Before you give up - call them. I have had issues with MMB not showing CD options that I was entitled to but the call centre was able to make the bookings for me. I got the impression that they were used to this.
(On the other hand QF were not prepared to provide a car for an EK booking that I thought I was entitled to in Australia and although the call cdntre agreed nothing was able to be changed - in the end however this is $30-40 at the end of an expensive ticket so not worth getting too exercised about).
Good luck
and sometimes the mobile version of the EK website displays CD's which I am entitled to (for example during long transits at DXB) which cannot be seen on the normal website.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:11 am

Hi all, we fly from Manchester on business class tomorrow. We have booked the chauffeur drive which has been confirmed by Emirates but have not received a call from the chauffeur company. Does anybody know the company that Emirates use for Manchester flights and if they call to confirm? Thanks
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MarkCooper3
Hi all, we fly from Manchester on business class tomorrow. We have booked the chauffeur drive which has been confirmed by Emirates but have not received a call from the chauffeur company. Does anybody know the company that Emirates use for Manchester flights and if they call to confirm? Thanks
I believe it is PCS, though one of the MAN regulars would be able to confirm this. They'll call you 24 hours before your flight. See if this thread is helpful.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...chester-2.html
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: EK, JP
Hi folks, I have a question and would be grateful for any advise.

My wife and 2 kids are heading to London in April from Chennai, and flying back from Brussels. We are on Business class, and will have a "reasonable" amount of luggage. MAybe 3 or 4 suitcases. We are eligible for 2 cars in each segment.

At LHR, can I get a large van/car to take all my luggage and us or should I request 2 cars and we split the travel into the city between us(1adult + 1Kid in each)

Similarly, any idea what cars they have in Brussels?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:25 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by captdini737
Hi folks, I have a question and would be grateful for any advise.

My wife and 2 kids are heading to London in April from Chennai, and flying back from Brussels. We are on Business class, and will have a "reasonable" amount of luggage. MAybe 3 or 4 suitcases. We are eligible for 2 cars in each segment.

At LHR, can I get a large van/car to take all my luggage and us or should I request 2 cars and we split the travel into the city between us(1adult + 1Kid in each)

Similarly, any idea what cars they have in Brussels?

Thanks
Better to to request a large car, if you can do with a single car and travel together. The last time we requested one at LHR, they sent us a Mercedes Viano, which turned out to be 'more' than adequate.
This thread has more information on the exact cars used at each destination.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...tinations.html
Belgium:
Destination: BRU (Brussels International Airport)
Cabin: J (Business Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz E-Class
Cabin: F (First Class)
Vehicle(s): Mercedes Benz S-Class
Old Jan 17, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: EK, JP
Thanks a ton ton Jackie for the information. I will go ahead and request a large vehicle as you said. I think, we will do 2 cars in Brussels.

Cheers and much appreciated.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Here's a (minor) gripe.

I booked a J ticket one-way AKL-SYD-BKK in May. Due to timing, I am flying QF114 AKL-SYD before hopping on EK419 SYD-BKK. On MMB, I order cars at AKL and BKK, pleased that I am saving taxi fares on both ends on the cheapest ticket (circa $80-100NZD in AKL alone). I received an e-mail that the AKL booking was denied, as chauffeur drive is not offered on NZ-Asia flights when QF is operating the TT connection. This is confirmed by a PDF available here. It's spelled out clearly, albeit it requires an extra click or two to get to the document.

And yet MMB still would allow me to submit a car booking from AKL. I am not bothered by being ineligible for a car. I am only bringing a backpack and can just as easily grab the airport bus or a cab. Further, this is my first trip in J with a carrier that offers the service, so I have not yet been utterly spoiled. I am more annoyed that the booking system hasn't been programmed "if carrier_QF ex_AKL, taxi_eligibility_AKL=0" sort of code.

If only the A380 departures synchronised with the 773 departure to Syd...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:44 am

I'm pretty sure this has been asked and answered before but I haven't been able to find it so apologies in advance. I am planning a trip ex-LHR leaving at 9.15am and would prefer not to have to be picked up at 6.15am. Has anybody had successful experience of arranging CD the evening before the flight and then heading to a LHR hotel?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.