Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Live Chat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Emirates Live Chat

Hey,

does anybody know if the EK Live Chat on the Website is still available? I wanted to use it this morning but I couldn't find it on the EK website. So I googled and also found a link which would direct me to the EK Live Chat website. However, it wasn't available.
The website just said "Chat online with our experienced travel consultants. We're available Sunday to Thursday, from 8:00am to 4:00pm Dubai time."
I am in Germany currently and I double checked the local time in DXB and I definitely tried it within the working hours.
Last time I used the chat I was in Australia and it worked well. Is it not available in Germany or did I miss that the chat was closed?
Anyone any idea why there's no chat available?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:41 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Good question. I have no idea. I dont think I ever used it in the past. Call me old fashioned but I would much prefer to pick up the phone and yell at a person rather than banging away at the keyboard

I will send a message to the EK webteam to see where Chat has disappeared to. Maybe it wasnt being used enough to justify it...
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
I used about a month ago just before a trip and then tried to get into it a week later (first week in Feb) and couldn't. When I called reservations, they said it had been discontinued.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. So I'll have to call them.
Did they tell you why it was discontinued? Was always pleasant and excellent service
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: student
I've got a ticket which includes Ticket number without having 6 digitReference number

Originally Posted by jan1337
Hey,

does anybody know if the EK Live Chat on the Website is still available? I wanted to use it this morning but I couldn't find it on the EK website. So I googled and also found a link which would direct me to the EK Live Chat website. However, it wasn't available.
The website just said "Chat online with our experienced travel consultants. We're available Sunday to Thursday, from 8:00am to 4:00pm Dubai time."
I am in Germany currently and I double checked the local time in DXB and I definitely tried it within the working hours.
Last time I used the chat I was in Australia and it worked well. Is it not available in Germany or did I miss that the chat was closed?
Anyone any idea why there's no chat available?
cket
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: student
I've got a ticket which does have ticket number but doesn't have 6 digits alphanumeric Reference number! Any knows how to find that to manage my seat?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:42 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Shoaib Shahzad Obaidi
I've got a ticket which does have ticket number but doesn't have 6 digits alphanumeric Reference number! Any knows how to find that to manage my seat?
This question probably belongs in the newbie thread, but I'll answer here.

How was the ticket booked? Through a travel agent? Do you have an email from EK for this booking?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
If it doesnt pop up while at the main EK page point your browser to:

www.emirates.com/livechat

Or

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...hat/index.aspx

Bare in mind that they wont be able to support with similar type of assistance that one gets over the phone, ie., they wont be able to change a booking if you have to pay fare difference, etc
Old Mar 27, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by Bubus78
If it doesnt pop up while at the main EK page point your browser to:

www.emirates.com/livechat

Or

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...hat/index.aspx

Bare in mind that they wont be able to support with similar type of assistance that one gets over the phone, ie., they wont be able to change a booking if you have to pay fare difference, etc
I know they have the links all pver the place directing to the live chat, but is the function actually still supported? Whenever I try to connect, I first get the timer stating I will be connected in less than a minute, then after that minute the statement that they can‘t give me an indication as to how long it will take, and after that nothing.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: LH HON; EK Plat; QR G; IC-RA; HH D; WoH Glob
Originally Posted by Wtravel

I know they have the links all pver the place directing to the live chat, but is the function actually still supported? Whenever I try to connect, I first get the timer stating I will be connected in less than a minute, then after that minute the statement that they can‘t give me an indication as to how long it will take, and after that nothing.
I successfully used it last week
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, QR privilege club Gold, Topbonus Gold
Originally Posted by Wtravel

yes its working. Maybe a browser / Java issue? Delete and clean all cookies and restart the browser or try with diff one maybe will work.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:58 am

Request for full refund

Hi. My booking is ****** and ****** (Bkk-Moscow) I have a trip to Moscow on 3th-10th may 2020. I want to cancel my flight because Covid-19. If requesting refund due to Covid-19 will a refund given? I want th airlines to cancel the refund charges. and Russia has the following announcement: Passengers are not allowed to enter Russian Fed. Help me please, Please contact me. urgently. My E-mail: *****************

Kind regards
Ritchai *****************

Last edited by Saltire74; Mar 21, 2020 at 2:33 am Reason: Removal of personal details
Old Mar 21, 2020, 2:34 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Ritchai
Hi. My booking is ****** and ****** (Bkk-Moscow) I have a trip to Moscow on 3th-10th may 2020. I want to cancel my flight because Covid-19. If requesting refund due to Covid-19 will a refund given? I want th airlines to cancel the refund charges. and Russia has the following announcement: Passengers are not allowed to enter Russian Fed. Help me please, Please contact me. urgently. My E-mail: *****************

Kind regards
Ritchai *****************
Foreign nationals are only prohibited up until 1st May 2020 as it stands at the moment. That could obviously change. I have sent you a private message.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.