Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

EK pax in Oz may as well be QFF members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC

http://m.smh.com.au/business/emirate...605-2npb3.html
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:54 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
The partnership is a strange affair and it is difficult to see what us Skywards Members really get out of the deal. If you book a domestic flight and use QF own FFP depending on your class and flexibility of travel they will give you a fistful of points. However if I insert my EK number into the QF engine box I assume I get nothing. So what is the real benefit of entering my EK Skywards number into the QF booking engine then? QF do block out half their domestic plane seats unless you are QF Sil/Gold/Plat holder, but if that restriction is also lifted for Skywards Members I am not 100% sure. So that maybe one benefit, anyone? The only other benefit I can really see for us Skyward Members is you can access their club lounge (Gold) and business lounge (platinum). What I cannot understand is why don't these two War Horses get togeather and allow points to be shared across the board? Surely if it is commision based both will benefit. So for now us EK flyer's who don't use QF enough to benefit from their program I suggest they do join QF's program and give those points to charity.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 3:28 pm

I think the dude just plopped a massive poo on skywards members.

Why OH why would that be a good thing to say out loud.

Better join another program then, Oh wait that will involve flying another airline. Mate there are loads that fly my route.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 3:05 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG

Well his logic is pretty simple. They are our partners in Australia so it doesn't matter if you are a Qantas or Emirates card holder, we treat them the same. And the larger benefits of the alliance outweigh any skywards leakage to our alliance partner in any case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.