FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK pax in Oz may as well be QFF members
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2013, 2:54 am
lightyear40

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
The partnership is a strange affair and it is difficult to see what us Skywards Members really get out of the deal. If you book a domestic flight and use QF own FFP depending on your class and flexibility of travel they will give you a fistful of points. However if I insert my EK number into the QF engine box I assume I get nothing. So what is the real benefit of entering my EK Skywards number into the QF booking engine then? QF do block out half their domestic plane seats unless you are QF Sil/Gold/Plat holder, but if that restriction is also lifted for Skywards Members I am not 100% sure. So that maybe one benefit, anyone? The only other benefit I can really see for us Skyward Members is you can access their club lounge (Gold) and business lounge (platinum). What I cannot understand is why don't these two War Horses get togeather and allow points to be shared across the board? Surely if it is commision based both will benefit. So for now us EK flyer's who don't use QF enough to benefit from their program I suggest they do join QF's program and give those points to charity.