Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Guesting kids into First Class Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guesting kids into First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
In the FCL at Concourse B at the moment. Enquired from the staff at the front desk about guesting - both the staff members clearly stated that they allow any First Class pax 1 guest - F pax doesn't have to have any status with EK. And with children they make an exception and allow a couple in. The only folks not allowed into the lounge are if they've get an op-up. So, I guess the current 'unofficial' rule is to allow F pax, 1 guest, irrespective of their Skywards status. Shall confirm it on my way back. I guess they aren't being that strict given how empty the F lounge usually is.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:52 am

Must be the alignment with QF policy of FC with guest.

I was going to ask the same Q. As my wife has a J ticket and I got F ticket. On the DXB-LHR leg would be good if we both could go to the F lounge.

Before you ask, yes my wife will be going F.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vitagen
Before you ask, yes my wife will be going F.
Yay!^
Old Aug 5, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Great confirmation

Originally Posted by jackiedada
In the FCL at Concourse B at the moment. Enquired from the staff at the front desk about guesting - both the staff members clearly stated that they allow any First Class pax 1 guest - F pax doesn't have to have any status with EK. And with children they make an exception and allow a couple in. The only folks not allowed into the lounge are if they've get an op-up. So, I guess the current 'unofficial' rule is to allow F pax, 1 guest, irrespective of their Skywards status. Shall confirm it on my way back. I guess they aren't being that strict given how empty the F lounge usually is.
jackiedada - it was really great for you to follow up and let everyone know about this direct from the lounge staff - thanks! I had asked Tall Travel Dude that question in another forum, and got the same answer. Did some confirmation of my own by calling Emirates (not once, but twice) and was given the same answer by both: Yes, guesting is allowed for 1 pax.

Thanks again for confirming some reassuring news.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
jackiedada - it was really great for you to follow up and let everyone know about this direct from the lounge staff - thanks! I had asked Tall Travel Dude that question in another forum, and got the same answer. Did some confirmation of my own by calling Emirates (not once, but twice) and was given the same answer by both: Yes, guesting is allowed for 1 pax.

Thanks again for confirming some reassuring news.
You are welcome pdxasflyer.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Wondering if EK extend reciprocal rights to QF elites with respect to child guests?
I will be travelling in either J or F as QFF Plat and two girls (11 and 9) in Y on QF flight SYD-DXB-LHR. We will have no problem at SYD but I would like to have lounge access if possible during the DXB transit.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Wondering if EK extend reciprocal rights to QF elites with respect to child guests?
They pretty much do...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess fiona

They pretty much do...
Thankyou for the prompt response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.