Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Official Store in dubai mall?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Has anyone been to the Emirates Official Store in Dubai mall?

Do they sell official Emirates merchandise like luggages, cabin trolleys, etc?

How do it compare to the Lufthansa Worldshop at FRA or SwissShop at ZRH? I had great experience shopping at LH Worldshop and LX SwissShop,... just want to know if Emirates Official Store is worth my time during my 1-day layover in Dubai.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:56 am

Was there yesterday - seems to be similar to what is in Emirates store in Airport - so I would personally just wait until Duty Free on way home and do something else in town - unless you want to fly the A380 simulator.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:24 am

No, its not comparable to LH Worldshop in that the range of practical stock such as bags etc is limited. The EK shops have a large range of aircraft models, EK branded momentos such as mugs, shirts, sponsorship related items etc.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by refjohn1
Was there yesterday - seems to be similar to what is in Emirates store in Airport - so I would personally just wait until Duty Free on way home and do something else in town - unless you want to fly the A380 simulator.
That is interesting! Will try it the next time.

Do they offer any advance pre-purchase like the Burj viewing deck?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

How much does it cost to fly A380 simulator?

And any special Emirates branded luggage for sale at Emirates store? I think Rimora luggages with Swiss or Lufthansa logo are awesome. .... wondering if Emirates have similar type of merchandise like that.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
http://emiratesa380experience.com/

You can book ahead.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There is also a similar Emirates shop/simulator set up in London near the O2 arena in North Greenwich. That one has 2x A380 simualtors and 2x 777 simulators. It was opened last summer.

http://www.aviation-experience.com/
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:42 am
Original Poster

awesome. I will be in London for 4 days 2 weeks from now... looks like this is a place I should visit.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
awesome. I will be in London for 4 days 2 weeks from now... looks like this is a place I should visit.
I have been a few times to the London one. Bear in mind that the only things that work on the cockpit are the throttle (inc. reversers), yoke/stick, rudders, brakes, and gear. The primary and navigation displays work but you can't adjust anything on them. There is a speedbrake lever and a flaps lever, but neither work. All the buttons shown are just graphics, there are no working buttons - from teh photos of the Dubai one the set up seems the same there as well.

I haven't taken photos myself, so have a look at this link for someone elses photos.

So basically it isn't a fully workingfixed base simulator, but it does feel like a very sophisticated home simulator, kind of fsx but sat in a cockpit. However, if you accept these limitations it is actually very enjoyable. The 30 minutes always goes very quickly and costs £45 - so not too bad. If I can fit it in, I usually go down there when I am in London.

If you do want to try a fixed base fullly functional simulator in London there is the ipilot one in the Westfield Centre which has 737-800 simulators.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by extramileage
^
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:04 pm

So it's cheaper by £15 to use the simulator in London than Dubai.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by jamjaruk
I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it, but yes certainly more expensive in Dubai. I would say I am ok paying £45 for 30 minutes (they did have off peak £35 sessions when they first started but not anymore) but I am not quite convinced I would pay just short of £60 for 30 minutes.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:41 pm

Spot on.

Think I'll the simulator here in London instead of Dubai.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Tried the A380 simulator at Dubai mall, it sure was fun flying in and out of the city and did Hong Kong too, was AUD$100 approx, wife captured it all on video. In Sydney the Qantas full sim is around AUD$1200!.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by jamjaruk
We don't pay tax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.