Search

New SFO Lounge Photo Tour

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:35 am

looks nice...thanks for sharing..
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JTXC
Did you ask, or could you guess, what the capacity of the lounge is? That you can board the aircraft directly from the lounge is a nice feature.

I wonder if EK is planning any other lounges in the US. I would think LAX is a strong candidate, since there are two flights there per day.
The capacity of the lounge is 130. Just like other EK lounges, they do not contract out the lounge to any other air carriers. This route is expected to go to an A 380 in the next couple of years.

They are currently building a lounge at LAX in the refurbished IT Terminal.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
Another great feature is boarding the plane directly from the lounge.
I was very impressed by this, never seen anything like it before.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I was there a few weeks ago flying F. The lounge was lovely, with a very good selection of food and drink. It felt huge since it was a very light load in F and J that day. Boarding is very fast direct from the lounge. They kindly opened the first airbridge to F just for me (I was alone in F)!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Looking forward to my first visit tomorrow. Tagging this space for my review.

To be fair the food at the UA F lounge at SFO is decent and you can easily make a meal from it (I did so last week). My presumption is that EK will be a lot better, probably not even in the same ballpark. But the UA lounge is head and shoulder above the BA and UA business class lounges. Everything has to be judged relative to the alternatives!
Old Jun 7, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Looking forward to my first visit tomorrow. Tagging this space for my review.

To be fair the food at the UA F lounge at SFO is decent and you can easily make a meal from it (I did so last week). My presumption is that EK will be a lot better, probably not even in the same ballpark. But the UA lounge is head and shoulder above the BA and UA business class lounges. Everything has to be judged relative to the alternatives!
I think you will be quite pleased. The SFO lounge has better facilities than the T3 lounge at DXB - probably because it is not overcrowded.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Pictures not showing anymore - is it only for me?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Visited the lounge last week. The food was nice - you could definitely make a meal of it. But to be honest I was a little disappointed as it did not match up to the spread at the SYD lounge (though far better than the crap at the DXB lounge). IMO the hot food had too much emphasis on spicy ethnic cuisine which is not for everyone. Still there were salads, fruits, cheeses and many other healthy items and I'm told the beef filets were nicely cooked. Good selection of self-serve beer, wine and liquor. The bathrooms were much nicer than you find in either the UA RCC or F lounges - ditto for the showers. The seating was better than UA or BA but that's not saying much - still need some nice lounge chairs. Like BA you can board the plane through a passage that runs directly from the lounge which is a big plus over UA RCC as are the flight announcements.

Overall probably one of the best business lounges at SFO international - and worth some time if you plan to eat before your flight. I will try to post some photos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.