New SFO Lounge Photo Tour

Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
New SFO Lounge Photo Tour

As promised...

The SFO Lounge is gorgeous, and the staff is very friendly -- except for the lady at the entrance who initially refused to let me in. She claimed my F ticket purchased with United miles was ineligible for lounge access. Ah, but it all worked out and I got to experience this amazing lounge. Here are the photos, with a few gratuitous photos of my F suite (better described as a private cabin). I doubt I'll ever travel like this again -- this was incredible.

IMG_2245 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2249 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2247 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2251 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2247 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2246 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2259 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2257 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2256 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2252 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2253 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2255 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2248 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2261 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2264 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2270 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2278 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

IMG_2281 by dhueyjd, on Flickr

[Thank you, eightblack, for helping me get these photos uploaded.]

Last edited by dhuey; Jan 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:05 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Check out this thread on how to upload images and photos to FT
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-reports.html

Drop another note if you are still stuck...
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack
Check out this thread on how to upload images and photos to FT
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-reports.html

Drop another note if you are still stuck...
Thanks so much. I tried a bunch of different sizing and format options and kept getting errors. I'll look through that thread.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:23 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Great photos Dhuey! Really nice lounge. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Interesting. Everything looks the same as other EK lounges. But which other locations serve Taittinger? We should request to have it in the SIN lounge
Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:32 am

Thanks for sharing the photos.
I still can't get over the staff member who claimed you're not eligible to enter the lounge. I mean you had an EK boarding pass with F printed on it, right? Did she not find your name on the list?

I just hate it when someone with a lack of information (or mis-information) ruins the start of such a journey. Those moments of uncalled for and unjustified micro-stress. Grrrr.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: SQ PPS, AA EXEC PLAT,HH GOLD, BONVOY GOLD
Thanks so much for the photos.

While it may look like all of the other EK lounges, it is a definite improvement from the trail mix offering at the UA RCC !!!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker

While it may look like all of the other EK lounges, it is a definite improvement from the trail mix offering at the UA RCC !!!
Understatement of the century!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:06 am
Original Poster

It's also a big improvement over the food offerings at the United International F lounge at SFO. Another great feature is boarding the plane directly from the lounge. You go out a back door, down a hallway and right to the jetway. You have barely any interaction with the riff-raff (i.e., people like me except when I score a mileage award in a premium cabin).
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Thanks for sharing the photos.
I still can't get over the staff member who claimed you're not eligible to enter the lounge. I mean you had an EK boarding pass with F printed on it, right? Did she not find your name on the list?

I just hate it when someone with a lack of information (or mis-information) ruins the start of such a journey. Those moments of uncalled for and unjustified micro-stress. Grrrr.
It didn't ruin anything for me -- I really thought it was pretty funny. Yes, I had an F boarding pass, suite 1A. I don't know what she saw when she punched my name in the computer. It must have been some kind of non-revenue indication that she had never seen before.

Perhaps I should have said, "listen, I'm getting in this lounge. Don't you know who I am? No, I'm not famous or important, but I am a FlyerTalker."
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by dhuey
It's also a big improvement over the food offerings at the United International F lounge at SFO. Another great feature is boarding the plane directly from the lounge. You go out a back door, down a hallway and right to the jetway.
Absolutely. The UA IFL Lounge at SFO looks nice, but the food there is pathetic.

I'll have a chance to use the new EK lounge at SFO this coming Saturday, Feb 4th.

The only other lounge I have used with access to the jetway is at FRA, at the C gates.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Absolutely. The UA IFL Lounge at SFO looks nice, but the food there is pathetic.
The plastic-wrapped, processed cheese is kinda funny. If a pub bartender puts that out, I'm all for it, but come on United -- get some quality cheese for the Int'l F lounge. It's not that expensive.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:26 pm

I'm at the lounge in SFO right now.

While aesthetically, the lounge is similar to the DXB Lounge, it is far better in terms of food (more fresh and appealing), more open seating, and lavatory facilities.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Did you ask, or could you guess, what the capacity of the lounge is? That you can board the aircraft directly from the lounge is a nice feature.

I wonder if EK is planning any other lounges in the US. I would think LAX is a strong candidate, since there are two flights there per day.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Nice photos! Thanks for sharing them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.