Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

17 hour delay PER-DXB-LHR anything due?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2011, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.

I had a call last night from the ex Mrs CT who was due to leave PER yesterday on route back to the UK but on checking in she was informed that due to fog and the pilot going out of ours her flight was delayed 17 hours. She was provided with a hotel voucher and told to call EK reservations later when they opened.

She will now be arriving back a day late and has a horrid connection in DX arriving around 5am and leaving at 2.40pm I believe.
When she enquired about anything to cover taxi to and from the hotel, food and drink etc. she was told no. Was this right?

She is on a cheapo ticket no status etc.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emira...i-what-do.html

http://www.emirates.com/us/english/p...stopovers.aspx

might help
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ukdoctor
I read that but not sure if it is the same regarding taxi food and drink in PER or she would qualify for a transit room at DXB now her 2 hour connection has been turned into a 8 hour is one.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:16 am

Programs: Skywards Blue :-(, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, GHA Platinum
Originally Posted by CT-UK
I read that but not sure if it is the same regarding taxi food and drink in PER or she would qualify for a transit room at DXB now her 2 hour connection has been turned into a 8 hour is one.
did you read the second link though.Is she in an eligible fare class in economy.?The long transit period is not her fault.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:18 am

Yes, she would be eligible for a hotel room in Dubai if the >8h layover is involuntary. She needs to go to the transfer desk or to the Hotels/Visa desk in the arrivals hall BEFORE immigration to ask for a voucher. The system should automatically have swept the disrupted flight and placed a comment in her PNR authorising the voucher. That's my experience at least, as the victim of multiple long delays from Emirates these past few months.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Brilliant, thanks for the tips I have sent them to her.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 5:30 am

Also tell her to try and get on EK1 or EK29 which are earlier flights. There's not much availability showing for tomorrow but it won't do any harm to ask, and then ask again once she gets to DXB.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
Also tell her to try and get on EK1 or EK29 which are earlier flights. There's not much availability showing for tomorrow but it won't do any harm to ask, and then ask again once she gets to DXB.
Well it looks like she got stuffed royaly on all fronts as she couldn't get on the 1 or 29, they refused a hotel voucher and wouldn't budge so she didn't push it as was tired and upset so gave up and the isle seats she picket online of course turned into middle seats.

Shame really but as she said on the phone it was only £700ish LHR-PER return booked about 3 weeks prior where BA.QA,SQ etc all wanted around £1600.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Well it looks like she got stuffed royaly on all fronts as she couldn't get on the 1 or 29, they refused a hotel voucher and wouldn't budge so she didn't push it as was tired and upset so gave up and the isle seats she picket online of course turned into middle seats.

Shame really but as she said on the phone it was only £700ish LHR-PER return booked about 3 weeks prior where BA.QA,SQ etc all wanted around £1600.
What a shame, she really does seem to have got the wrong end of the deal all the way. I really hope that her next journey with EK is hassle free and smooth and gives her a better taste of what EK is capable of providing on a good day.

Last edited by mrtdxb; Jul 24, 2011 at 8:52 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 24, 2011, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

As a update, credit where credit is due. the EX Mrs CT did stand her ground and EK gave her a voucher for a room at a hotel 5 mins away and paid for breakfast due to the time, lunch and drinks. They put her up in the Copthorne.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:52 pm

As a update, credit where credit is due. the EX Mrs CT did stand her ground and EK gave her a voucher for a room at a hotel 5 mins away and paid for breakfast due to the time, lunch and drinks. They put her up in the Copthorne.
Sounds right. The reflex action is to say "no" because they get so many people claiming disruptions that are a figment of their imagination. The legit disruptions are already swept and commented automatically. Or so Mercator claims.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.