Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Help! I want to upgrade to business class requiring 67500 miles but short near 1400!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! I want to upgrade to business class requiring 67500 miles but short near 1400!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Emirates, Qatar Airways
Help! Upgrade to business class requiring 67500 miles but short near 1400!!

I already bought the 25000 miles online so I cant purchase the difference. So I transferred 1500 miles from my Starwoods account. God knows when the miles will transfer. They say it can take up to 30 days but from what ive been reading on these boards it seems that they transfer points every Monday.

Just to make the odds better I transferred points from my Priority Club account as well.

However im at a hotel now right next to the airport and cant put up with the uncertainty. Id travel coach but im not short (in height) and this is a flight from Los Angeles to Dubai, one of the longest ever (near 16 hours) and its in flights like these you want to travel business.

Any ideas?

I called Skywards and they couldnt help. Called SPG and Priority Club and they cant do anything either. I cant buy miles, and tried to find something to purchase online that would get me points and couldnt find anything.

Usually my flights are shorter than this and I dont really need to upgrade. I could travel to NY on coach then to Dubai but it kinda defeats the purpose. I could also just buy a more expensive ticket (Flex Rate) but then it would be much more expensive (near 800 dollars)

Any ideas on how to get 1400 miles INSTANTLY? Purchasing stuff etc?

Last edited by World Traveller123; Apr 22, 2010 at 12:43 pm
Old Apr 22, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Use an EK credit card if you have one. Not sure how long those would take to post though.

I'd say take a quick flight on United or Continental, but it doesn't sound like you have time for that. Hotels, car rentals etc could work. Take a look at the earning miles section on the website and see if anything there is viable.

And make sure there is upgrade availability!

Edited to add: And the flight back is longer, so maybe you want to save the miles for the way back. Then you would have enough from your outbound trip.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: QF Silver
Just get your wife/husband/brother/sister/mother/father/in-laws/friend/neighbour... to open a skywards account and buy the miles through that account. They can use your credit card for the payment and have to select the gift miles option and enter your skywards number in there.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by littlegreenman
Just get your wife/husband/brother/sister/mother/father/in-laws/friend/neighbour... to open a skywards account and buy the miles through that account. They can use your credit card for the payment and have to select the gift miles option and enter your skywards number in there.
That won't work. There's a 25k limit whether you buy miles yourself or are gifted them by someone else.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:52 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
OP - perhaps you know someone who has enough miles in their account already and they can upgrade you and then you can return the compliment at a later date.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:45 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,Platinum Ambassador, BA Gold, Qatar Platinum, Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
OP - perhaps you know someone who has enough miles in their account already and they can upgrade you and then you can return the compliment at a later date.
This is about the only way you can do it apart from purchasing the upgrade with cash. All other earnings options would take between 1 & 6 weeks to deposit in your skywards account.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:53 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blacknight
This is about the only way you can do it apart from purchasing the upgrade with cash. All other earnings options would take between 1 & 6 weeks to deposit in your skywards account.
Ditto that's the only way to do it.
Old May 15, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by mrtdxb
Apologies for my ignorance - I'm new to Skywards. How can you upgrade someone else using your miles? I tried looking on the Skywards site but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Maybe a little late now but it probably would have been cheap enough to upgrade from a saver fare to a flex fare--often for as little as $100 on that leg--and then you would only need 52,500 to upgrade.
Old May 15, 2010, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by sukhsingh
Apologies for my ignorance - I'm new to Skywards. How can you upgrade someone else using your miles? I tried looking on the Skywards site but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!
Log into your account on Skywards. Go to MMB, and enter another person's booking reference number. Then when you try to upgrade, miles will be deducted from your account.
Old May 15, 2010, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by ung1
Log into your account on Skywards. Go to MMB, and enter another person's booking reference number. Then when you try to upgrade, miles will be deducted from your account.
Log into your account on Emirates website, not Skywards, then Manage My booking and enter the details of the passenger you want to upgrade.
Old May 15, 2010, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Log into your account on Emirates website, not Skywards, then Manage My booking and enter the details of the passenger you want to upgrade.
Oh, yea, that's what I meant. I even logged into my account on EK, went to MMB, and still managed to post the wrong thing.
Old May 17, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: Skywards
Thanks! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.