Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access for Kids

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: EK - Silver; Accor - Silver; O6 - Gold; BAEC - Silver; Flying Blue; SPG; Krisflyer
Based on my experience, I have no problem at MEL. However was rejected in SIN.

2 adults + 2 kids below 5.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Any recent experience with this? Me & wife are Silver but traveling with 2.5 year. Are such toddlers even allowed to earn miles & status? I recall when our daughter was infant, it was not possible.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AF/KL BA GF EK EY LH QR
Originally Posted by stiwi
Any recent experience with this? Me & wife are Silver but traveling with 2.5 year. Are such toddlers even allowed to earn miles & status? I recall when our daughter was infant, it was not possible.
Children can be enrolled as Skysurfers and earn miles and status miles aged 2+ years. You can link them to a regular Skywards account and keep track.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Yeah, the skysurfers concept is BS. Why can't I be a full member when the full fare is paid. EY makes me a full member and so I am loyal to them, but the EK J experience is more consistent and superior accross the board and if EK is cheaper I will not give a rats ... about loyalty and just enjoy the savings. Also, let me be a platinum member EK.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by DatBoi
Why can't I be a full member when the full fare is paid.
Because you're 14 years old.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:05 pm

Also, let me be a platinum member EK.
Yeah, me too! So unfair!

Jokes aside, I kinda understand, at 14 I was Gold on SAA Voyager (and from all-economy unaccompanied (but not self-paid, obviously) travel) and I loved every second of it.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: EY Guest Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Le Club Accor Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by ft101
Because you're 14 years old.
But why differentiate?
Enlighten me
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:17 pm

But why differentiate?
Enlighten me
Not until you grow up.
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:43 pm
Suspended

In all seriousness EK is losing business, however minute and insignificant this segment of travellers (including myself) is. I fly J primarily with some F booked and travel a lot more than your average kid, so yeah.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:52 pm

In all seriousness EK is losing business, however minute and insignificant this segment of travellers (including myself) is. I fly J primarily with some F booked and travel a lot more than your average kid, so yeah.
In DXB the average kid travels quite a lot....
Old Dec 5, 2017, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by XXTSGR
Children can be enrolled as Skysurfers and earn miles and status miles aged 2+ years. You can link them to a regular Skywards account and keep track.
Great, I will do that. However it also means that children below 3 are unlikely to have Silver status, so the official lounge access policy treating children as adult guests does not make sense, right?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Nothing compared to me.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
You're forgetting that this 14-year-old is home schooled, invests in the stock market, and flies alone every other week in J (self-financed), and has expertly developed his knowledge in champagne offerings throughout different airlines.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Recondite
You're forgetting that this 14-year-old is home schooled, invests in the stock market, and flies alone every other week in J (self-financed), and has expertly developed his knowledge in champagne offerings throughout different airlines.
My favourite is actually JW blue label scotch (taste-wise) but I can't really and don't drink in public and even in private. I may taste a little but never actually drink.
Flaneurs likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:02 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
My favourite is actually JW blue label scotch (taste-wise) but I can't really and don't drink in public and even in private. I may taste a little but never actually drink.
Naughty (Dat)Boi....;-)
DatBoi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.