unable to price DUB-DXB-SFO?

Old Dec 7, 17, 6:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, LH, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circ, National Executive Elite
unable to price DUB-DXB-SFO?

Trying to price DUB-DXB-SFO RT in J and can't do it via Google Flights nor via emirates.com
Sure, it's a less than usual routing, but still?

I can price it as individual tickets for a million dollars in business.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 7, 17, 7:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

EK don't publish fares between EU-US than connect in DXB.
Old Dec 7, 17, 7:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Yup no fares between EU and US.

You could book DUB-XXX return and XXX-SFO return, where you do a turnaround at XXX, e.g. MCT, BAH, CAI or such, some place where the return flight to DXB is on the same aircraft, so you can't miss it, and somewhere where you can check-in online and travel without hand luggage, alternatively where there's about 2.5hrs and quick immigration between the flights to deplane and check in again. E.g. DUB-DXB-MCT, then get the same plane back to DXB and fly on to SFO.
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, LH, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circ, National Executive Elite
Interesting.
Curious as to why there are no EU to US fares? I understand that the company doesn't want people to connect through DXB but why?

Unfortunately splitting the fare counteracts the price advantage departing from DUB tends to have. J is pricing at USD8500 from DXB to SFO. That's unreasonable for me.
I did have DUB-DXB-SIN-DXB-HYD-DXB-DUB in J for less than 5k USD with >90 days advance. I ended up not actually taking that flight and pay the 400 cancellation fee.

Can't justify 8.5k for DXB-SFO alone (for the dates I need to go +/- a couple days).
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:35 am

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by MeanwhileBackAtFAI View Post
Trying to price DUB-DXB-SFO RT in J and can't do it via Google Flights nor via emirates.com
Sure, it's a less than usual routing, but still?

I can price it as individual tickets for a million dollars in business.

Thoughts?
I know we are all compulsive EK flyers on this forum. But really, DUB-DXB-SFO? Even I don't like EK J that much..... "Less than usual" indeed!
(now if we were talking F.......)

(can anyone tell me how do add emojis in the text with this cr*&y) new forum interface...?
cestmoi123 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 8:41 am
Ambassador: Emirates

Programs: Skywards Gold
Interesting.
Curious as to why there are no EU to US fares? I understand that the company doesn't want people to connect through DXB but why?

Unfortunately splitting the fare counteracts the price advantage departing from DUB tends to have. J is pricing at USD8500 from DXB to SFO. That's unreasonable for me.
I did have DUB-DXB-SIN-DXB-HYD-DXB-DUB in J for less than 5k USD with >90 days advance. I ended up not actually taking that flight and pay the 400 cancellation fee.

Can't justify 8.5k for DXB-SFO alone (for the dates I need to go +/- a couple days).
​​​​​​Ex DXB fares are very expensive, that's why I suggested adding the leg to MCT or similar. Might work out ok, never know though. It is a roundabout way of going about things.
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh View Post
I know we are all compulsive EK flyers on this forum. But really, DUB-DXB-SFO? Even I don't like EK J that much..... "Less than usual" indeed!
(now if we were talking F.......)
I haven't actually been in EK J yet though looking at the non-lie-flat out of DUB for 8 hours to DXB I probably wouldn't be impressed.
Still, I am with Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan and with EK I would get 100% base + 125% status + 25% booking class + 100% additional bonus for award miles. That's 82,498 award miles for just a few extra hours on the plane.
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Interesting. Curious as to why there are no EU to US fares?
My gut is that, for the vast majority of travelers, an EU-DXB-US routing would be incredibly unappealing. Look at LHR-JFK. Going by way of DXB adds 7k miles (nearly triples the distance), and turns an 8 hour nonstop into a 26 hour trip including layover.
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:30 am

I haven't actually been in EK J yet though looking at the non-lie-flat out of DUB for 8 hours to DXB I probably wouldn't be impressed.
Still, I am with Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan and with EK I would get 100% base + 125% status + 25% booking class + 100% additional bonus for award miles. That's 82,498 award miles for just a few extra hours on the plane.
A few extra hours? DUB-SFO nonstop is 11 hours. DUB-DXB-SFO is 24 flight hours, plus an 8 hour layover. So, it's an extra 13 flight hours, and 21 extra hours in total. That's more than a few...

Last edited by cestmoi123; Dec 7, 17 at 11:23 am
Old Dec 7, 17, 9:58 am

. . . though looking at the non-lie-flat out of DUB for 8 hours to DXB I probably wouldn't be impressed.
All the EK fleet has lie flat in J. Ex DUB it'll be angled lie flat.
Old Dec 7, 17, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA View Post
EK don't publish fares between EU-US than connect in DXB.
EK do publish fares inc in J from some gateways in E EUR to America's..e.g. ex PRG .These are shown clearly and can reserve on EK website/mobile page/app. So if you are flexible , don't want to spend too much on 2 ow tickets in J DUB/DXB + DXB/SFO then you can fly DUB/PRG on FR/YY then use ticket PRG/DXB/SFO.
cestmoi123 and skywardhunter like this.
Old Dec 7, 17, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
EK do publish fares inc in J from some gateways in E EUR to America's..e.g. ex PRG .These are shown clearly and can reserve on EK website/mobile page/app. So if you are flexible , don't want to spend too much on 2 ow tickets in J DUB/DXB + DXB/SFO then you can fly DUB/PRG on FR/YY then use ticket PRG/DXB/SFO.
You can also go MXP-JFK-SFO, with JFK-SFO on JetBlue.

Looking at going via PRG, you'd have to either connect on the DUB-PRG trip, leave the night before, or have a one-hour connection in PRG between two different tickets.

So, you're looking at: 6AM flight DUB-PRG (with a 1 hr connection in CDG or AMS), 3.5 hour layover in PRG, 6 hour flight PRG-DXB, 8.5 hour layover at DXB, 16 hour flight DXB-SFO.

To each his own, but I'd rather do the 11 hour DUB-SFO flight in coach than that 39 hour odyssey in Emirates J.
skywardhunter likes this.

Last edited by cestmoi123; Dec 7, 17 at 5:42 pm
Old Dec 7, 17, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
You can also go MXP-JFK-SFO, with JFK-SFO on JetBlue.

Looking at going via PRG, you'd have to either connect on the DUB-PRG trip, leave the night before, or have a one-hour connection in PRG between two different tickets.

So, you're looking at: 6AM flight DUB-PRG (with a 1 hr connection in CDG or AMS), 3.5 hour layover in PRG, 6 hour flight PRG-DXB, 8.5 hour layover at DXB, 16 hour flight DXB-SFO.

Too each his own, but I'd rather do the 11 hour DUB-SFO flight in coach than that 39 hour odyssey in Emirates J.
PRG is not the only EK gateway in E EUR from where there are published fares on EK to SFO.
my personal choice would be to fly DUB/LAX on ET then fly local carrier to SFO.
Old Dec 7, 17, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by ElJudioErrante View Post
PRG is not the only EK gateway in E EUR from where there are published fares on EK to SFO. my personal choice would be to fly DUB/LAX on ET then fly local carrier to SFO.
Ireland to the US nonstop on Ethiopian. Hadn't even known that was an option!

Looking at other Eastern Europe gateways, it appears the only other option that prices to SFO is WAW; VIE, ZGB and BUD don't appear to be valid.

Search this Thread