Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access for Kids

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:10 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Kids should be banned from flying on a commercial airliner until they reach the age of 21. If it's OK to ban them from drinking alcohol it's certainly OK to stop them annoying all the other pax on a flight.

It won't happen, of course, as airlines won't also weigh pax and charge them extra if they're over average weight/size.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Budley
Kids should be banned from flying on a commercial airliner until they reach the age of 21. If it's OK to ban them from drinking alcohol it's certainly OK to stop them annoying all the other pax on a flight.

It won't happen, of course, as airlines won't also weigh pax and charge them extra if they're over average weight/size.
Why any one under the age of 21 should be banned? If you meant kids under 12 years old that I can understand but under 21? I see no logical reason behind this rule.

The first time I accessed a boutique lounge (and flew) on my own was at the age of 18, and I didn't cause neither receive troubles from fellow passengers in the lounge neither onboard the flight. I'm totally against this rule if no valid, logical reasons are provided
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold

Excuse you. IME, adults on planes can behave much worse than kids!

If you don't want "kids" under 21 on planes then, please, fly private.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: Platinum : Amex | Gold : EK Bonvoy Carlson Hilton
I think DXB lounges are following a different policy because of the equipment too: family room, toddlers area (padded room) with soundproof glass

Anyhow from NCE we had lounge access, but not from HKG this time
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:52 am

Then we can ban old people from flying as well, then you would not be allowed anymore
Old Feb 9, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Exec Plat (2MM)
Originally Posted by TaipeiWang
Then we can ban old people from flying as well, then you would not be allowed anymore
Quite so.

But money talks, and I have quite a bit more than the average 2-3 year old.

I don't implicitly have anything against kids (I have two of my own), but really I blame irresponsible parents for not attending to the child's needs better.

BTW, does anyone who has criticized me actually have children? (please be honest)!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: EK, BA, EY, SQ, IHG, HH, SPG
Lounge Access for Kids

Yes but the young kid will likely spend more on EK in the log run than you, Esp as you have given up flying EK! I am sure you were just kidding about not allowing kids on planes as it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:44 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Quite so.

But money talks, and I have quite a bit more than the average 2-3 year old.

I don't implicitly have anything against kids (I have two of my own), but really I blame irresponsible parents for not attending to the child's needs better.

BTW, does anyone who has criticized me actually have children? (please be honest)!
Ah, but parents of 2-3 year olds may very well have the money.

This (kids on planes or in premium cabins) is an oft discussed topic on FT, so I'm not going to take the plunge here.

Back on topic: I did guest my wife and 5yo daughter into the F lounge in DXB just recently (and yes, we paid for J tickets). She enjoyed the smoked salmon.

Last edited by extramileage; Feb 10, 2015 at 4:12 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by extramileage
Ah, but parents of 2-3 year olds may very well have the money.

This (kids on planes or in premium cabins) is an oft discussed topic on FT, so I'm not going to take the plunge here.

Back on topic: I did guested my wife and 5yo daughter into the F lounge in DXB just recently (and yes, we paid for J tickets). She enjoyed the smoked salmon.
When I have more children I won't be flying at the back!

bassinets are in suites for a reason ^
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
Originally Posted by m3red
When I have more children I won't be flying at the back!

bassinets are in suites for a reason ^
That is what I told my husband when we had our son almost 2 years ago! I haven't flown in the back since he was born.

I haven't been on this forum in ages....and the reason I did was to find out more about this new(ish) upgrade at check-in for my flight Saturday. It is the first flight I am in economy with my lap child, but as this is a short (6 hour) flight, I'm decided to take my chances and get the cheaper fair and try to upgrade at check-in.
Old May 6, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Just a quick follow-up...my wife and I are silver but wanted to bring our young (5 & 7) kids with us...any advice?
Old May 6, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by pduck01
Just a quick follow-up...my wife and I are silver but wanted to bring our young (5 & 7) kids with us...any advice?
very doubtful in DXB and you are not allowed access elsewhere.
Old May 6, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by m3red
very doubtful in DXB and you are not allowed access elsewhere.
Although it's not very clear, unfortunately only Platinum members can guest in kids (under 12 years) and not have it count towards the guest limit.

http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/h...-lounge-access
Old May 6, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Just flew w. wife and 14 month toddler. Had no issue with access to BKK and DXB A lounge.... this is with only me being Skyward Gold...
Old May 6, 2015, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa
Just flew w. wife and 14 month toddler. Had no issue with access to BKK and DXB A lounge.... this is with only me being Skyward Gold...
YMMV with regards to the goodwill of the lounge agents, of course - I find generally being nice to the lounge receptionists will mean they let a guest and a toddler or two in, especially if well-behaved. Boorishness usually leads to staff using their absolute discretion in denying access, regardless of Skywards status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.