Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

'New Platinum/4th Tier' Wish-List. . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2010, 5:24 am
JGX
Original Poster

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, Skywards Gold, BA Gold, SPG Gold, HiltonHonors Gold, Hertz Gold

Not that there's any sign of it happening any time soon, but I was wondering when and if the 4th Tier ever emerged what we would put on out 'Wish List' for benefits?

I thought it would be interesting to find out (hypothetically, of course) what we all would like out of a 'Platinum' tier, and so to start the ball rolling, my 'wish-list' items would have to be:

1. Access to the First Class Lounge in DXB regardless of class of travel. We all know the overcrowding problems in the Business class lounge (and I don't want to go into it here) so this would be a useful benefit.
2. No blackouts whatsoever on Skywards Miles upgrades or reward tickets - if there's a seat available - it's yours.
3. Priority for Op-Ups.
4. Use of 1st class check-in (again regardless of class of travel).

OK, Over to you guys. . .

Regards,

JGX
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Enrich Silver, KrisFlyer, AsiaMiles, BAEC, QF FF, Marriott Elite Silver
Originally Posted by JGX
Not that there's any sign of it happening any time soon, but I was wondering when and if the 4th Tier ever emerged what we would put on out 'Wish List' for benefits?

I thought it would be interesting to find out (hypothetically, of course) what we all would like out of a 'Platinum' tier, and so to start the ball rolling, my 'wish-list' items would have to be:

1. Access to the First Class Lounge in DXB regardless of class of travel. We all know the overcrowding problems in the Business class lounge (and I don't want to go into it here) so this would be a useful benefit.
2. No blackouts whatsoever on Skywards Miles upgrades or reward tickets - if there's a seat available - it's yours.
3. Priority for Op-Ups.

OK, Over to you guys. . .

Regards,

JGX
as someone who struggle just to maintain the gold status. I wish there will be no 4th tier ;-)
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: pants
Originally Posted by JGX
JGX
  3. Priority for Op-Ups.
  5. Limo Pickup/dropoff at all stations where its provided, (again regardless of class of travel)

Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:01 am

Kinda off topic, but I would personally appreciate ( if I hit the big "P" ) better options in the "Opening Doors BS"

Apart from complimentry access to Neos @ the Address hotel, and Golfing stuff... the rest is crap. Whats the point of having a profile on skywards.com if they dont use it to profile me.

They have my age, my sex, my nationality, my interests.

Dear Emirates
I do not need a billion Spa deals, & I know the best place to sleep in DXB for free, my bed.
Regards
Roadrunner21

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jan 7, 2010 at 7:50 am
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
6. 100% Bonus miles (effectively double miles)
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by UAworldwide
  3. Priority for Op-Ups.
  5. Limo Pickup/dropoff at all stations where its provided, (again regardless of class of travel)
  7. ...

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jan 6, 2010 at 8:29 am
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:40 am

3. Priority for Op-Ups.
7. First class luggage tags (regardless of class)
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, BA Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
3. Priority for Op-Ups.
8. No expiration of Skywards miles
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
9. No "saver" penalty on tier miles. All flights obtain full "Flex" tier miles. (Really dreaming now, also, you are not flying saver fares to make this level).
Old Jan 6, 2010, 9:46 am

Hopefully someone can email the link to this thread to El Presidente Timothy Clark

Last edited by roadrunner21; Jan 6, 2010 at 9:55 am
Old Jan 6, 2010, 12:39 pm

The answer to the wish list question is actually quite simple - just take a look at the best practice Elite program in the industry, Lufthansa's HON Circle program (their fourth tier). LH has gotten it all right. See the comparison of the different status benefits in the link below - could be easily adopted for a new EK tier.

http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...l=en&cid=18002

Last edited by CalFlyer; Jan 6, 2010 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:09 am

Private area for platinums within Emirates First Class Lounge at DXB, or a platinum only lounge, so overcrowding is never a problem for Platinum cardholders.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:47 am

Free access to Al Majlis ? http://www.dubaiairport.com/DIA/Engl...ices/Al+Majlis
Yeah thats asking for too much, next I'll be asking if Mr. Clark will walk me to the gate.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 10:11 am

Unlimited treatments in the First class lounge spa.

Last edited by blueapple_Star; Jan 7, 2010 at 10:16 am
Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:35 am

3. Priority for Op-Ups.
8. No expiration of Skywards miles
9. No "saver" penalty on tier miles. All flights obtain full "Flex" tier miles. (Really dreaming now, also, you are not flying saver fares to make this level).
10. Private area for platinums within Emirates First Class Lounge at DXB, or a platinum only lounge, so overcrowding is never a problem for Platinum cardholders.
11. Free access to Al Majlis ? http://www.dubaiairport.com/DIA/Engl...ices/Al+Majlis
Yeah thats asking for too much, next I'll be asking if Mr. Clark will walk me to the gate.
12. Unlimited treatments in the First class lounge spa.
13. Private transfer by car direct from the aircraft to the First/Platinum lounge (which should have an entrance directly from the airfield so that there is no need for us to walk or even set foot inside the public areas of the terminal) and back to the next aircraft (if transiting). And since we really are dreaming.....
14. For flights terminating in DXB, Private car pickup from the aircraft, with luggage, straight through a drive-through customs/immigration and direct to where we are heading (as the chauffer drive is now). So that again, there is no need to even go through the terminal. Hey, if it can work like that for air crew in LHR.....!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.