Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

'New Platinum/4th Tier' Wish-List. . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'New Platinum/4th Tier' Wish-List. . .

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: pants
Originally Posted by maeharasmuse
Best post of 2010! ^
You made my day!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:36 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, BA Gold OW Emerald, A3 *G, SV Skyteam Elite
Let's to keep the list realistic - I also had a good laugh on the maeharasmuse's list but we want EK to actually get input from our ideas...

..nevertheless, I like this: Possibility to still check-in at the dedicated Gold-members counter, because it is just too much fun to overhear some of those Golds (primarily from certain easy-to-spot ethnic groups) boasting in front of their extended family-in-law that they “now have to hurry and go to the Emirates lounge to have a glass of Champagne, before having dinner at the business lounge”.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by JGX
Not that there's any sign of it happening any time soon, but I was wondering when and if the 4th Tier ever emerged what we would put on out 'Wish List' for benefits?
I met up with someone senior at EK Singapore yesterday and he confirmed that a 4th status was on its way. Qualification will be by revenue and tier miles combined (makes sense). As to when and what it will be called, its still anyones guess and given that this was my first meeting with him, I didnt want to push too hard. He's been with EK for 17-years, and just returned from a company trip to Dubai. I'll keep investigating.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:58 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, EK-Gold
I hope they do it soon.. In the first 2 months of 2010, I met the Gold renewal requirements for 2011 and am now reconsidering my options as Delta DXB ATL sector offers 125% bonus for diamonds and an "almost" guaranteed domestic upgrade in US. Considering that I have 10 more trips planned this year in Biz, EK to DXB and DL to ATL may make more sense until the new tier is announced.

There are too many golds and silvers on EK and it takes a long time to check in or board in the Biz line. My wishlist items include a) Dedicated platinum area in Biz Lounge or access to First Lounge b) Auto Upgrade to next available class of travel 3 days before travel on a flex fare, 1 day before travel on saver fare.. Eliminate the need to impress/convince the gate agent for an upgrade.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: EK Skywards Gold, TK Elite Plus, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Could not agree more with the 4th tier. I already flew 26,000 tier miles since Jan 01, 2010, so really looking forward to a 100,000 or 150,000 tier mile limit for the 4th tier and some super privileges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.