Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

For LY fourm - AA codeshare with LY!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For LY fourm - AA codeshare with LY!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:15 am

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
i am interested in knowing what AA flights will have the LY code. there are suppose to be 60?!?!?!?! WOW
That sounds like might include South America
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by ly787
i am interested in knowing what AA flights will have the LY code. there are suppose to be 60?!?!?!?! WOW
That sounds like might include South America
Page 3 of the doc apirchik cites above lists them. No Latam though; all US domestic, US-Canada, or US-Europe.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Page 3 of the doc apirchik cites above lists them. No Latam though; all US domestic, US-Canada, or US-Europe.
I'm sorry I don't understands what you saying to them. Can you please clarify something to me more specific information about LY. Thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I have been heard about LY/AA has been bans more new codeshare agreement from TLV-Germany flights. They were refusal about more new codeshare due to aviation policy in Germany is their decision. Here the source came in from LY/AA:

Israel bans El Al/AA codeshare via Germany
Although the US Department of Transportation has approved the codeshare application between El Al and American Airlines last week, the Israeli authority has banned El Al/AA codeshare via Frankfurt and Munich.

According to report, Sources in the German aviation sector claim the decision is a direct response to Israel's refusal to sign the new bilateral agreement setting out the aviation policy between Israel and Germany.
Thanks all.

Regards
Old Apr 2, 2008, 12:21 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by N830MH
I'm sorry I don't understands what you saying to them. Can you please clarify something to me more specific information about LY. Thanks.
Page 3 of the document posted in the thread that apirchik pointed to lists all of the routes. It is this document below:

Originally Posted by pixpixpix
Approval posted march 28th on DOT website (pdf link)
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Would be great to see LY join OneWorld, or at least a mileage redemption partnership with AA (a la DL). But from what I read I gather LY is loathe to give up free seats and upgrades (not that the others are particularly generous these days )
Old Apr 7, 2008, 11:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Would be great to see LY join OneWorld, or at least a mileage redemption partnership with AA (a la DL). But from what I read I gather LY is loathe to give up free seats and upgrades (not that the others are particularly generous these days )

Althoug LY is not a part of OW, it is a partner of AA. And yes you can use your AA miles for an award tkt on LY already. As for Upgrades generally its always been that an UP must be only on that Carriers Metal, since AA isnt flying flying into TLV no UPs to TLV.

eg Yrs ago I was able to Up my DL tkt between CDG & JFK but the AF flights between TLV & CDG were in coach. that was also before ST , but when I aske drecntly I was told can UP only on DLs non-stops to TLV and not the other ST members flight out of Europe
Old Apr 7, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: EL AL Gold, BA Gold, LH M&M
Whos wants to bet it will be listed on the AA website before the LY website.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Why would OneWorld want LY to join? What added value does LY give OneWorld?
It will not bring any new destination (except maybe for ETH), no decent connecting airport, FF program that is not in par with OneWorld levels. Furthermore, LY does not share it's KD lounges with any partner in Israel and abroad and does not plan to do so in the future.

I can see the added value AA can get from this codeshare agreement but why would any alliance want such an outsider airline?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:24 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by apirchik
I can see the added value AA can get from this codeshare agreement but why would any alliance want such an outsider airline?
But we can dream about the TLV-AMM segment runs, no?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by yosithezet
But we can dream about the TLV-AMM segment runs, no?
For some of us this is not just a dream...but reality!.....well for BA anyways.

I've done this a few times...TLV-AMM-TLV-LHR-TLV-AMM-TLV.

And only once have done TLV-AMM-CAI-AMM-TLV-LHR-TLV-AMM-CAI-AMM-TLV.

Yes....crazy...but that's what happens when you have 2 days spare and actually need to go to Cairo for a meeting.

The cost was under $2,000 Business class all the way.

Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
My question regarding AA and LY codeshares didn't get much notice on the AA forum, so here is a link to it on the LY forum. Perhaps somebody here has some experience of this? Thoughts and comments welcome...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811299
Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by oresh
Flights starting Apr 30 and bookings starting April 20. Check DOT web site to get more info and notifications.
Haven't seen any flights pop up yet, and AA's reps (two of them) say they have no information on timing yet. Anybody have any idea as to when they're going to start selling the codeshare seats? Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
HAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on with this codeshare?
LY Insider?
LY Rep?
Anyone?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 6:17 am
Company Representative - El Al Airlines

Code share agreement with AA

Originally Posted by LatusElAl
HAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is going on with this codeshare?
LY Insider?
LY Rep?
Anyone?
Dear Sir
The code share agreement with AA is expected to be signed during June, thus enabling the use of AA flights under LY code starting from July. As part of this agreement El Al will offer some 25 destination within the U.S.A. such as: Dallas, Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas and many others.
Members of EL AL matmid club can accumulate points from AA flights and vice versa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.