Wiki Posts
Search

New TLV operatonal rules?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2018, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
New TLV operatonal rules?

I was always under the impression that departures from TLV were restricted after around 1am until 5am and arrivals were not allowed from 1am until about 330am when the first flights from Europe started arriving. I just noticed an Aegean airlines flight from ATH with a 2am arrival time. Have the rules changed lately or was I just wrong about this?
Old May 5, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Arrivals are always allowed at all times. It has been like that for as long as I can remember.
Also, there is no restriction on departures on the early hours of Fridays, to allow aircrafts of Israeli airlines to return before Shabbat begins.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: BA Silver
Currently, the only operational change is that until the end of July (at least) RWY 12/30 is closed for constructions hence some unusual approach/departures patterns.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: DL SM, HH Silver, SPG Gold
It does seem that way, but there is actually a short curfew for arrivals.

Data from http://www.iaa.gov.il/en-US/rashot/P...rdination.aspx

Departure limitations
0120 - Last "scheduled" departure
0140 - Departure curfew starts
0445/0515* - First "scheduled" departure [block time at gate, not take-off time]
0500/0530* - Departure curfew for quieter aircraft ends
0600 - Departure curfew for all aircraft ends
* ICAO Summer/Winter seasons

Arrivals are prohibited between 0100 and 0145. I've always assumed this was to keep the runways clear for a maximum number of departures; IAA wouldn't want any arrivals delaying a departure until after the curfew has started.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.