Wiki Posts
Search

Passport control times thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Passport control times thread

I have found wait times rather variable at TLV so thought we should do a thread where we report at what time/date we arrived at passport control, which line we stood in (Israeli or foreign) and how long the wait was. Optional to report how much longer or shorter was the other type of line.

Please no smug posts from biometric passport holders going through the machines with their handprints or otherwise.

Ready - go!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by NYTA

Please no smug posts from biometric passport holders going through the machines with their handprints or otherwise.
Now that the machines are accepting all Israeli passports, biometric or not, and most Israeli frequent flyers have the cards to use on the older machines, I don't see why there should be any wait at all for Israeli travellers.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G

Ready - go!

Now that the machines are accepting all Israeli passports, biometric or not, and most Israeli frequent flyers have the cards to use on the older machines, I don't see why there should be any wait at all for Israeli travellers.
No smug posts from biometric passport holders will be a big challenge.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
Because pax don't know/don't want to use the machines.
I arrived to TLV about 2 months ago, and despite having agents calling up pax from the queue to use the machines many with Israeli passports stayed in the queue, which with only 2 desks open started at the entrance to the hall.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
My sister (who has an American passport) waited over an hour on Monday at 6pm. Apparently there were only four lines open for the entire airport.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ditto
Because pax don't know/don't want to use the machines.
I arrived to TLV about 2 months ago, and despite having agents calling up pax from the queue to use the machines many with Israeli passports stayed in the queue, which with only 2 desks open started at the entrance to the hall.
Why though?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Why though?
Dunno, I didn't ask
Old Aug 24, 2016, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I think it can also vary on days of the week. And sometimes more charters than other times.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 7:51 pm

My sister (who has an American passport) waited over an hour on Monday at 6pm. Apparently there were only four lines open for the entire airport.
It really is crazy.

Not sure if is a ministry issue or airport operations..but its pretty painful, and I do think its gotten worse over time.Its really is the most byzantine process.

Not sure why they wont just set up a snake line instead of the cinema style lines.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
This afternoon around 6pm crazy long lines, going until the back of the hall, and even further, towards the ramp. Very few open booths. Israeli passports much shorter as usual.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday was dumb. All kiosks outside the hall were covered and in the hall, only 2 were open - all others were covered. So the line was long, and there were 2 lines open - staff/disabled and foreign passports. All handprint kiosks were open.

On the way out last week, there were 6 passport lines open, all for Israeli passport holders, and were all long.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Yesterday was dumb. All kiosks outside the hall were covered and in the hall, only 2 were open - all others were covered. So the line was long, and there were 2 lines open - staff/disabled and foreign passports. All handprint kiosks were open.

On the way out last week, there were 6 passport lines open, all for Israeli passport holders, and were all long.
Were the old machines which take the biometric cards still in operation?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Were the old machines which take the biometric cards still in operation?
On departure, didn't see any at all. Looks like they've moved everyone to the new kiosks. On arrival, where they're stricter (non-Israelis still can't use kiosks), they all seemed to be operational
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:54 pm
Suspended

(non-Israelis still can't use kiosks),
I'm longing for that day...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:15 am

there must be something going on- maybe work to rule?
supporting LY pilots?
Take some photos next time, send them in to TOI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.