Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passport control times thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by joshwex90
On departure, didn't see any at all. Looks like they've moved everyone to the new kiosks. On arrival, where they're stricter (non-Israelis still can't use kiosks), they all seemed to be operational
They were there on Monday mornig this week. Just a newer design. More compact than the old ones, and more of them.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:21 pm

Apparently this was taken several hours ago (picture going around on Facebook)
Attached Images  
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
That is a disgrace. Is there a strike?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
I don't know if there is an official strike.
Six yeas ago the "immigration officers" were moved from the police to the Intrenal ministry (misraf hapnim). Since then there are problems with their salary. The supreme court said that the state needs to pay but they didn't get the money.
I think thet don't really have an incentive to work.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:18 am
Suspended

Unfortunately I dont see this thread providing any real help. Reason is simple all that is needed is for UA 84 to be delayed (a 777) that is usually full and it will cause a major backlog. To an extent that will happen even if a narrow body from Europe is delayed another 150+ people added to the mix.

Yrs ago this was my major concern if TWA was delayed it usually meant arriving 15 mins after Tower did = an extra hour at best to clear Immigration. Now the problem is how many flights from Eastern Europe lands around the time the delayed UA flight does. If the 84 comes in on time or even slightly early its a slam dunk, otherwise forget about it.

I found a loophold (dont bother PMing it wont be shared sorry, least it get shutdown by everyone finding out about it and following suit).

I just dont see what good this thread can come to since the factors that will determine the length of time needed to clear is different each day due to the flights arriving early or delayed, wish that wasnt the case
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by craz
Unfortunately I dont see this thread providing any real help. Reason is simple all that is needed is for UA 84 to be delayed (a 777) that is usually full and it will cause a major backlog. To an extent that will happen even if a narrow body from Europe is delayed another 150+ people added to the mix.

Yrs ago this was my major concern if TWA was delayed it usually meant arriving 15 mins after Tower did = an extra hour at best to clear Immigration. Now the problem is how many flights from Eastern Europe lands around the time the delayed UA flight does. If the 84 comes in on time or even slightly early its a slam dunk, otherwise forget about it.

I found a loophold (dont bother PMing it wont be shared sorry, least it get shutdown by everyone finding out about it and following suit).

I just dont see what good this thread can come to since the factors that will determine the length of time needed to clear is different each day due to the flights arriving early or delayed, wish that wasnt the case
It seems like you have more than one reason to not participate further in the thread then.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
To an extent that will happen even if a narrow body from Europe is delayed another 150+ people added to the mix.
In June, I flew SOF-TLV on El Al, with a late night departure. The plane was late in getting into SOF (not an usual situation with El Al) and they rushed the passengers to board, saying that if we don't depart in time to arrive by a certain time (I think it was 1 a.m. but am not certain) we would not be able to take off for an additional 3 hours, as TLV would be jammed with large flights arriving from North America.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dovster
In June, I flew SOF-TLV on El Al, with a late night departure. The plane was late in getting into SOF (not an usual situation with El Al) and they rushed the passengers to board, saying that if we don't depart in time to arrive by a certain time (I think it was 1 a.m. but am not certain) we would not be able to take off for an additional 3 hours, as TLV would be jammed with large flights arriving from North America.
Im aware of several wide-bodys departing for the US in the 1am area, but cant think of a single Airline that arrives into TLV from the US anywhere near that hour. I think LY has a flight getting in @ 5am some days There are several European Carriers that arrive bet 2am & 3:30am and depart from 4:30am - 5am

The worst is YomTov time when all the LCCs are full of the pilgrims coming in and Immigration goes over PP and Visa (if needed) with a fine tooth comb. Which only becomes clear after you reach the booth area, then even a short line takes forever. Too bad they dont have kyosks for the non-Israelis to use as they do for departures but I fully understand why they dont

Dov, I just realized what it is, doesnt TLV have a curfew @ 2am that lasts for 3 hours. So they wouldnt be able to take off until they left enough time to arrive after the curfew ends. Was it a rent-a-crew that handles the flight

Last edited by craz; Sep 19, 2016 at 2:51 pm
Old Sep 19, 2016, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYTA
It seems like you have more than one reason to not participate further in the thread then.
Well then please explain how the data is useful if say 1/2 the kyosks were down today and someone says it took them 35 mins to get into the baggage hall. Or due to bad weather flights from Europe were backed up by 2 hrs

I dont see how any info can benefit me unless its basically the same info day after day, change 1 or more items and I cant use the data from yesterday to predict what the case will be today. Thats why I knew yrs ago if TWA was delayed enough that Tower would beat us that I would lose close to an hour. But there was a known constant, if wed beat Tower or not, but thats not your case.

I wish I was wrong, and maybe I am thusly why I continue to follow the thread, just in case there is some info I didnt think of that would change what my thoughts are
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ditto
Apparently this was taken several hours ago (picture going around on Facebook)
Thats worse than the crowd I encountered entering BEY a few weeks ago.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Night Flying restrictions at LLBG

Dov, I just realized what it is, doesnt TLV have a curfew @ 2am that lasts for 3 hours. So they wouldnt be able to take off until they left enough time to arrive after the curfew ends. Was it a rent-a-crew that handles the flight
Here are the official restrictions on night flight:

NIGHT FLYING RESTRICTIONS
RWY 30 is not available for take-off between 2300-0600LT, unless approved, in exceptional circumstances, by APT manager.
Other RWYs: ACFT shall not take off between 0140-0530LT during winter season, and 0140-0500LT during summer season. Take-off between 0140-0200LT shall be approved, only in exceptional circumstances, by APT manager.
Take-off between 0530-0600LT during winter season, and 0500-0600LT during summer season, shall be approved in one of the following conditions: 1) The noise level will not exceed a "Reduced Noise Level" as recorded by the Noise monitoring terminals (NMT). "Reduced Noise Level", for this matter, is a noise level that will not exceed the maximum noise level of -3 dbA, approved for departures of ACFT with MAX take-off weight of less than 300t. (Refer to chart LLBG 10-4). 2) Flights, scheduled to depart before the night take-off restriction, and were delayed, may be approved by APT manager, without the restriction above.
Exceptions: - ACFT rendering medical assistance; - Firefighting ACFT; - Cloud-seeding flights; - Other special flights only by prior permission from CAAI.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 5:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sabbasolo

RWY 30 is not available for take-off between 2300-0600LT, unless approved, in exceptional circumstances, by APT manager.
Other RWYs: ACFT shall not take off between 0140-0530LT during winter season, and 0140-0500LT during summer season. Take-off between 0140-0200LT shall be approved, only in exceptional circumstances, by APT manager.
Take-off between 0530-0600LT during winter season, and 0500-0600LT during summer season, shall be approved in one of the following conditions: 1) The noise level will not exceed a "Reduced Noise Level" as recorded by the Noise monitoring terminals (NMT). "Reduced Noise Level", for this matter, is a noise level that will not exceed the maximum noise level of -3 dbA, approved for departures of ACFT with MAX take-off weight of less than 300t. (Refer to chart LLBG 10-4). 2) Flights, scheduled to depart before the night take-off restriction, and were delayed, may be approved by APT manager, without the restriction above.
Exceptions: - ACFT rendering medical assistance; - Firefighting ACFT; - Cloud-seeding flights; - Other special flights only by prior permission from CAAI.
Interesting its only on Take-offs, here in the US its for both take-offs and landings. Ive arrived into JFK a # of times due to LGA being after curfew
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:03 am

I arrived today at about 4AM, there seemed to be 4 counters open for foreign passports and 4 counters open for Israeli passports, the queue started at the entrance to the hall, so not bad at all. (Just for comparison, I transferred in Rome where the non-EU queue to get to G/H gates started 20 meters after the last shop of C gates!)

It seemed to me that several flights arrived at that time, as I was passing a group waiting near the toilets in concourse C, as well as another group was coming from concourse B as I was passing, I was the first off from my AZ flight, and managed to get past most of the PAX from the concourse B flight, I imagine it might have gotten busier later as more flights seem to land at that time.

No queues whatsoever for the biometric machines on both sides, the ones on the right side at least had some activity, the ones on the left only some bored agents, I take it normal Israeli passports cannot use them any more?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto
No queues whatsoever for the biometric machines on both sides, the ones on the right side at least had some activity, the ones on the left only some bored agents, I take it normal Israeli passports cannot use them any more?
Were the machines for the biometric cards still being used?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by sabbasolo

Also note that LY has special clearance to depart during the curfew on Fridays, so that the aircraft could be back to Israel before Shabbat enters.
Thus in the winter they operate 3AM flights to LTN, AMS etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.