Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

LY Premium Eco to launch in two weeks...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2012, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

According to Yediot at least...

No further details for now.
Old May 13, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
The purser on the flight last week told me that it will start as a pilot for free in the beggining of June.
I tried to ask him for more information, by his answers I understood he dosen't know anything about it..
Old May 13, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
If they turn out to be the normal Y seats with 3-4 inches more legroom and and an extra 3 inches recline I'll be very dissapointed.
They should take a lesson on Y+ from AF. Oh wait- if they do that they're Y+ will be better than biz!
Old May 13, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY Silver
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4228241,00.html

I guess its bad news for the ones with status buying a Y ticket and then getting upgraded to Economy+ instead of Business.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:52 am

Seems like its just the economy upgrade bid option which has been in place for months.
http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/English/A...ade_090512.htm

I would be a bigger fan of the idea, if the confirmation was available at the time of booking...otherwise, it doesnt really intice me to book with El Al.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by agold18
http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4228241,00.html

I guess its bad news for the ones with status buying a Y ticket and then getting upgraded to Economy+ instead of Business.
According to Formerly LY Insider, who was still at LY at the time, the Y+ will be the American model, a la UA, DL, AA, and B6 - as in not a separate class of service, but specific seats within Y, available for a fee (or free to status pax). It will still be within Y booking codes.
Old May 13, 2012, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by joshwex90
According to Formerly LY Insider, who was still at LY at the time, the Y+ will be the American model, a la UA, DL, AA, and B6 - as in not a separate class of service, but specific seats within Y, available for a fee (or free to status pax). It will still be within Y booking codes.
yes, that is what is what supposed to be.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Formerly LY Insider
yes, that is what is what supposed to be.
USELESS
If LY wants to be competative they've got to revamp the FF program, get proper business class and first class seats, improve service and quality of their offerings and most of all make their pricing inline with the others! So many times people tell me how they paid $250-$500 extra to be on LY.

Ok, back to the real world.
Old May 13, 2012, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rafi2k6
USELESS
If LY wants to be competative they've got to revamp the FF program, get proper business class and first class seats, improve service and quality of their offerings and most of all make their pricing inline with the others! So many times people tell me how they paid $250-$500 extra to be on LY.

Ok, back to the real world.
I disagree - while I think everyone on this board can agree that I'm no LY apologist, this is not a bad thing, and can be a good thing. If it's followed through properly, you have a carrot approach to new revenue (as opposed to the stick approach, where they charge for previously free services, you now have a new service that one can pay for). You also have a carrot approach to loyalty as opposed to stick. The stick approach in loyalty is by making regular pax worse off, status pax are artificially built up. But here, you have the opportunity of giving status pax a brand new benefit.
All they need to do is put in seats with extra legroom (36 inches), increased recline, more comfort, and perhaps wider seats, removing one seat from each row.
Old May 13, 2012, 4:42 pm

I disagree - while I think everyone on this board can agree that I'm no LY apologist, this is not a bad thing, and can be a good thing. If it's followed through properly, you have a carrot approach to new revenue (as opposed to the stick approach, where they charge for previously free services, you now have a new service that one can pay for). You also have a carrot approach to loyalty as opposed to stick. The stick approach in loyalty is by making regular pax worse off, status pax are artificially built up. But here, you have the opportunity of giving status pax a brand new benefit.
All they need to do is put in seats with extra legroom (36 inches), increased recline, more comfort, and perhaps wider seats, removing one seat from each row.
Yes, but this is LY we're talking about.
I'd love to see them give 37" pitch, 6" more recline and a 20" or 21" seat width, but sadly it probably won't happen.
I don't get them sometimes, they're very timid when it comes to expansion and new services.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I flew on ELH yesterday and in the lounge was asked by one of the agents to check out the new "Economy Plus" which was just installed on ELH. Its Rows 6-10, in the nose of the main deck (no F on ELH).

The following are facts. (Sorry, no pics).

Same exact seat, folks. Just an extra couple of inches of legroom and it reclines back just a tad more. Nothing like BA's WT+. Supposedly these pax also get a nicer pillow and blanket - but that I didn't witness.

The agent told me that status (TP, PL, etc.) pax travelling in Y will get put into Y+ fro free. Everybody else will pay - unclear how much as of now. He said the new Y+ will have no impact on the current upgrade system where a status pax travelling on Y/S/M either uses a 700/550 point voucher or gets the last-minute 100 point upgrade to C.
Old May 14, 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by LatusElAl
I flew on ELH yesterday and in the lounge was asked by one of the agents to check out the new "Economy Plus" which was just installed on ELH. Its Rows 6-10, in the nose of the main deck (no F on ELH).

The following are facts. (Sorry, no pics).

Same exact seat, folks. Just an extra couple of inches of legroom and it reclines back just a tad more. Nothing like BA's WT+. Supposedly these pax also get a nicer pillow and blanket - but that I didn't witness.

The agent told me that status (TP, PL, etc.) pax travelling in Y will get put into Y+ fro free. Everybody else will pay - unclear how much as of now. He said the new Y+ will have no impact on the current upgrade system where a status pax travelling on Y/S/M either uses a 700/550 point voucher or gets the last-minute 100 point upgrade to C.
Quite dissapointing in my opinion. oh well. Rome wasn't built in a day, LY won't go from utilitarian to enjoyable airline to fly with overnight.
Old May 14, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by LatusElAl

I wonder if GL will also get for free.
Today I sat at my exit seat and had the whole row for myself. Right before take off someone moved into the aisle seat. The crew had to ask him three times before he was willing to go back to his original seat (he was not willing to pay more...)
Old May 15, 2012, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Houminer
I wonder if GL will also get for free.
Today I sat at my exit seat and had the whole row for myself. Right before take off someone moved into the aisle seat. The crew had to ask him three times before he was willing to go back to his original seat (he was not willing to pay more...)
It should be much easier than that.

"Sir, this seat cost additional money. If you choose to stay here, you will have to pay."
"I'm not moving."

Then automatically charge his credit card on file the additional cost.
Old May 15, 2012, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Then automatically charge his credit card on file the additional cost.
That would be illegal, even if they did have a CC on file...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.